Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**Website**

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **Website**
    Posted: 15 September 2004 at 3:57pm

Surely it is about time that the official supporters' club informed the commercial manager that the official website is no longer acceptable.

1. The information is usually third hand
2. There is nothing on there about the semi-pro's
3. No multimedia section (wallpapers, screensavers etc....)

The semi-pro's should have their own site

I am deeply embarrassed for the club every time I look at that site. Professional club my A**E. what a load of Cr*p

Edited by salmidach
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Sponsored Links

yedarts View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yedarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2004 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

There should, IMO, be a page about each od the premiership feeder clubs on the site. It shouldn't simply be a Scarlets and Llanelli RFC site. LLanelli RFC should have their own site.  Much in the way Swasnea RFC have their own site http://swansearfc.co.uk/. Which, BTW, makes the Scarlets site look a tad unprofessional.

Some of the images on the Scarlets site are awful. Either extremely poor quality or a huge image being resized by the HTML and instead of a thumbnail having being created beforehand. Wondering why the image here (http://www.scarlets.co.uk/news/newsitem.asp?id=230) takes so long to load? Save it to your hard drive and then view it using some image viewing software.

Look at this http://www.scarlets.co.uk/news/newsitem.asp?id=235 Awful!

Edited by yedarts
wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2004 at 4:38pm

Surely it is about time that the official supporters' club informed the commercial manager that the official website is no longer acceptable.

Before we go any further I want to remind you all that :-

ScarletFever.org is an independant website and is not part of The Offical Scarlets Supporters Club or The Scarlets.

Edited by wizard
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2004 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by wizard wizard wrote:

ScarletFever.org is an independant website and is not part of The Offical Scarlets Supporters Club or The Scarlets.

That may be the case wizard, but there are users on this site that are on the committee of the official supporters club....

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Boynsmun View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boynsmun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2004 at 5:21pm
Complaints have been made on the official site too - the response was that they are aware of the problems and working on a new site.

See their response below: (taken from your views section of the Official Site)

ADMIN TEAM Many thanks for your comments. We are aware that our website has many shortcomings and are currently involved in planning a brand new website. This may take a little time, but hopefully will be worth the wait.

Whilst there are members of the supporters club committee who use this site I'm not sure that this site should be the process for asking them to register complaints.

The Supporters Club contact details are available on the official site - perhaps they should be contacted through the proper channels in this way?

ps the above is my personal view and not necessarily the view of either www.scarletfever.org or the Scarlets Official Site or the Official Scarlets Supporters Club

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2004 at 6:31pm

Originally posted by wizard wizard wrote:

ScarletFever.org is an independent website and is not part of The Official Scarlets Supporters Club or The Scarlets.

That may be the case wizard, but there are users on this site that are on the committee of the official supporters club....

Sorry my message missed the last bit so I'll continue here.

Tell You What we will do :-

We will try an pass on your concerns about the current Scarlets Website to the Club and see what response we can get for you.

Yes there are members on this site who may be part of the Committee but they may not read this as you have put it in the other sports section and not in the Official Supporters Club section. But thats being picky.

I will move it to there for you and See if we can also get a response there a well.

As Boynsmun also pointed out over the last month or so, this issue has been raised on the Scarlets current website and has had some reply. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you that the CURRENT site needs major surgery to keep up with the others let alone beat them.

If you feel strongly towards it send the club a letter, email them, theres loads of email address on their site.

My Initial reply was to clearly state that this site is totally independent of everybody hence the wide freedom of speech that is available on here within reason. 

Edited by wizard
Boynsmun View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boynsmun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2004 at 9:39pm
Good point Wiz! I totally forgot to say that I totally agree about the dreadful standard of the scarlets website too Salmidach!!
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2004 at 10:34pm
i will go along with that,the club website is a waste of web space.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2004 at 10:59pm
very poor.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2004 at 11:02pm
Not good at all need to sort the club website once and for all
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2004 at 11:06pm

they can stick it where the chariots go.

Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2004 at 9:58am

1. The information is usually third hand
2. There is nothing on there about the semi-pro's
3. No multimedia section (wallpapers, screensavers etc....)

I am deeply embarrassed for the club every time I look at that site. Professional club my A**E. what a load of Cr*p

Can only repeat what the Official site admin have said on the 'your views' section. Better to wait and get it right... but it is coming, and soon.

ADMIN TEAM Many thanks for your comments. We are aware that our website has many shortcomings and are currently involved in planning a brand new website. This may take a little time, but hopefully will be worth the wait.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic