Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Top 10 most agonising welsh defeats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top 10 most agonising welsh defeats
    Posted: 23 March 2021 at 2:36pm

The hall of pain
1) Grand slam defeat to France
2) Rourkes drift to the zulus
3) Owain glyndwr15th century disappearance
4) World cup semi south africa
5) Wales V Romania 90s world cup
6) France again world cup semi 2011
7) Neil Kinnock losing twice
8) Losing to ronaldos portuguese in euros semis after a great run
9) colin jones boxing milt the stilt in the vegas desert 1980s
10) Rhydian losing x factor final

Rugby ONLY

1) Grand slam defeat to France 2021
2) France again world cup semi 2011
3) 1978 defeat to cheating all blacks diving at a lineout
4) World cup semi final to S Africa
5) world cup 2003 loss to England after scoring 3 of the 4 tries
6) Scarlets semi final defeat to Leicester in Nottingham
7) Scarlets semi final loss to pat lamb/allan batemans northampton saints
8) 1994 loss in twickers for grand slam but won title
9) 1988 welsh loss to france for grand slam
10) scarlets away loss in Gloucester
Cry

Edited by roy munster - 23 March 2021 at 2:39pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2021 at 3:18pm
The RWC2011 defeat felt much worse than Saturday in my opinion. Grandslams have come and should come again, that really felt like we had a chance to go all the way in a World Cup and seemed to be playing the better rugby of any team there.

Edited by minded - 23 March 2021 at 3:19pm
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2021 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

The RWC2011 defeat felt much worse than Saturday in my opinion. Grandslams have come and should come again, that really felt like we had a chance to go all the way in a World Cup and seemed to be playing the better rugby of any team there.

I agree - Warburton was such a clean player, and made a bad misjudgement (I'm pretty sure it wasn't deliberate). His card almost certainly cost us the game - and France came really close in the final, so...
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2021 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I agree - Warburton was such a clean player, and made a bad misjudgement (I'm pretty sure it wasn't deliberate). His card almost certainly cost us the game - and France came really close in the final, so...

Agree about Warburton, however I think the biggest loss that day was Adam Jones. Our scrum was stable without him, but with him we may have won territory and penalty opportunities. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2021 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I remember Warburton trudging off & I thought "ah he got a yellow" I never actually saw the red brandished. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2021 at 4:08pm
rwc semi in 20111 the worst, followed by hayden line out dive vs the all blacks then the one Saturday makes up the top 3 for wales

for the scarlets Leicester in the hc semi final stands out by a mile :(
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2021 at 4:25pm

Yeah the worst part was 1) we would have made our first world cup final 2) we had one heck of a team 3) we would have been up against our eternal nemesis at eden park , win that and you truly are the best team in the world and 4) the all blacks were actually well beatable at the time

ah well ce la vie lads and laddesses , what doesnt killl you makes you stronger allegedly 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2021 at 6:06pm
Roy should copyright his text before WOL copy and paste.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic