Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet Signing News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 389>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Next season will not start on time the earliest I see a proper season at the earliest will be the 2021-2022 season and that is only if a credible vaccine is found. What the game will look like by then I see anyone's guess. 

Who do you think will be vaccinated? Entire population? Mandatory or discretionary?
Imo we will be back playing this year. This virus was again imo around several months before we went into lockdown. 

There is a need for some really hard research into when the virus arrived so that we can better understand how it has been spreading. French medical authorities seem to suggest that at least one middle aged man went down with it before Xmas although then they didn't then know what it was, or even that it was a new virus. There are similar stories that individuals from the UK and USA were also infected before the first detected case in China!
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 10:44pm
Wrong thread. So who are signing The 8 and the two centres?

Edited by RR1972 - 10 May 2020 at 11:15pm
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 9:28am
no rumours I have heard of RR1972, think its the 2 centres johnny Williams and tyler morgan and the no.8 sione kalamafoni from Leicester.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 12:09pm
Bbc rugby has just posted that Tom James has now retired
Wish him well , so we need to look at another replacement.  
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

Bbc rugby has just posted that Tom James has now retired
Wish him well , so we need to look at another replacement.  
We are fine on the wings
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 12:19pm

All the best for the future Tom!

With Ulster announcing there three departures and there arrivals today,for next season today .

I wonder when Scarlets will announce the same . Ulster even announced there full squad for season 2020/21 .
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 12:51pm
Our back 3 resources are :-

1st 23 quality at the moment :- Halfers, Liam, Jonny, Steff, Ryan
Other squad players :- Morgan Williams, Tomi Lewis, Tom Rogers, Prydie, Ioan.

For me I would love to see a big South Sea Island unit who would give us a point of difference but thats just me being picky. We seem well stocked with numbers at least - quality - time will tell. Just hope that when he is given his chance young Osian Knott is used at 12/13. 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 12:59pm
think the same gpr, even someone who can play centre as well. big physical guy. but thats really being greedy!
other regions been announcing re-signings. but we are quiet. staff must be on furlough
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Our back 3 resources are :-

1st 23 quality at the moment :- Halfers, Liam, Jonny, Steff, Ryan
Other squad players :- Morgan Williams, Tomi Lewis, Tom Rogers, Prydie, Ioan.

For me I would love to see a big South Sea Island unit who would give us a point of difference but thats just me being picky. We seem well stocked with numbers at least - quality - time will tell. Just hope that when he is given his chance young Osian Knott is used at 12/13. 
Indeed. 
It will all depend what will happen to international rugby. Me personally I can't see us having Welsh squad members much more than last season with extended AIs discussed, plus a 6Ns. With any luck we can have Johnny Mac back from Welsh duty but seeing that he covers more than 1 position plus he's a player that fits well with pivac style, he's ideal to bench. 

With TJs retirement on top of that I think we need an experienced back 3 player coming in. Someone along the lines of trevisos Ioane would be brilliant. 
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 3:53am
I know we all want centres and hopefully we will plug that gap, but let's rejoice in the fact that with the addition of Liam we have one of the, if not the best back 3 in Europe, we have quality at 10 and great 9's.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 6:50am
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

I know we all want centres and hopefully we will plug that gap, but let's rejoice in the fact that with the addition of Liam we have one of the, if not the best back 3 in Europe, we have quality at 10 and great 9's.
with the amount of international games the WRU have planned how often will we see him?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 9:30am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

with the amount of international games the WRU have planned how often will we see him?
Depends how the season is structured. The hope is the season is played in blocks so that test rugby and domestic rugby isn’t played the same time. If they can’t come to an agreement on that then we will hardly see Wales players.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:44am
Listening to Will Greenwoods podcast and apparently the Irish teams have been told to prep for next season without their internationals, easier for them with their contract situation but may be a glimpse of where the focus will be next season.
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Listening to Will Greenwoods podcast and apparently the Irish teams have been told to prep for next season without their internationals, easier for them with their contract situation but may be a glimpse of where the focus will be next season.

If that's the case in Wales WRU need to post 100 percent of the wages, and our attention should switch from signing centres to signing back 3 players.
sospanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sospanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 11:24am

If that's the case in Wales WRU need to post 100 percent of the wages, and our attention should switch from signing centres to signing back 3 players.

Would this mean central contracting by stealth?
Ymlaen Llanelli Scarlets
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 11:38am

they are paying 80 per cent now so they will dictate when players play

Tyler morgan can cover centre and wing I think

Edited by RR1972 - 13 May 2020 at 12:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 389>
  Share Topic