Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic League is struggling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Celtic League is struggling
    Posted: 25 September 2004 at 10:01am
 With only 2,800 @ C.A.P. last night and 1,800 @ Glasgow,this league is crying out for something special.  They need us to to lead the way,bois. We've got to win today.
Sponsored Links

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

With only 2,800 @ C.A.P. last night and 1,800 @ Glasgow,this league is crying out for something special.  They need us to to lead the way,bois. We've got to win today.
what does everyone think the gate will be today, i reckon about 6-7000.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 1:28pm

Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

what does everyone think the gate will be today, i reckon about 6-7000.

5500 if we're lucky.

Through Thick And Thin!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 2:38pm
if you go to www.celticleague.com and go to the fixtures list, it'll give the attendance for all the celtic league games and none are really high. 
Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 11:39pm
I think we had well into the 7000 mark. Probably down to the hoards of free kids that were let in. Seems that we are nearest Moffett's desired target of 8000 per home match at the moment.
"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
(Alan Hansen, during Euro 96).
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 12:22pm
the leagueis struggling because theres nothing special aboutgoing to the games
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by reesdascarlet reesdascarlet wrote:

totally agree. was discussing this the other day. the whole league is a farce with only the Welsh teams with somethign to play for really. i know the seedings in the HC are at steak but with so many teams guaranteed a place in the HC its a complete washout. Borders are always the worst placed Scottish team and does the Irish RU still decide who goes through to the HC? Either way its onyl the 4 Welsh regions that take it 100% seriously in my opinion. Bring on the British and Irish league ASAP.
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 7:34pm

Originally posted by beanboy beanboy wrote:

Originally posted by reesdascarlet reesdascarlet wrote:

totally agree. was discussing this the other day. the whole league is a farce with only the Welsh teams with somethign to play for really. i know the seedings in the HC are at steak but with so many teams guaranteed a place in the HC its a complete washout. Borders are always the worst placed Scottish team and does the Irish RU still decide who goes through to the HC? Either way its onyl the 4 Welsh regions that take it 100% seriously in my opinion. Bring on the British and Irish league ASAP.

i think the qualification for the irish regions depends on their celtic league standing this year.

The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

yedarts View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yedarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

i think the qualification for the irish regions depends on their celtic league standing this year.

Only their rankings. Connaught are still f*****d.

Edited by yedarts
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 8:28pm

the sooner the top teams in the league quailfy for europe the better.

Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic