Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Smells of your youth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 6:55am
Originally posted by maldwyn maldwyn wrote:

Summer of 76 swimming in Norht Dock on high tide,stinking but nice......
Summer of 76; who can forget it.  The clouds disappeared from the sky in May, and didn't return until September.  Perfect blue sky for four to five months.  And the smells, well the smell of burning gorse all around the village.  I love the smell of burning gorse in the morning.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 7:17am
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Summer of 76; who can forget it.  The clouds disappeared from the sky in May, and didn't return until September.  Perfect blue sky for four to five months.  And the smells, well the smell of burning gorse all around the village.  I love the smell of burning gorse in the morning.
 believe it or not in that summer some parts of the uk had snow on june the 1st.with a bit of wagner on your mp3 i dare say?
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 9:53am
The stink of Piss emanating from the toilets by buckleys brewery.. bl00dy pickup point for all away matches.

What was the name given to those toilets?????

Edited by salmidach - 25 June 2012 at 10:01am
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 9:56am
Nylon replica footie shirts

lucozade ( in a bottle wrapped in orange polysomething) - when you were dost like.

Fruitellas

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 10:02am
1/2 penny mojo's... not a smell but a great sweet....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 10:30am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

believe it or not in that summer some parts of the uk had snow on june the 1st.with a bit of wagner on your mp3 i dare say?

Well spotted. Smile
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 10:35am
who can remember it more like
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

Wonder what Haydns conservatory smelt like in his youth?
PMSL!!!! LOLLOLLOLClapClapClap
New Season, New Start
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 4:06pm
[QUOTE=jeremy windell]I remember that oil that everyone used to wear was all the rage when i was in primary school. I asked my mam if i could have some and she flipped, she said people used it to mask the scent of drugs (Didnt ask her how she knew at the time, but she did go through the 60's as a teen like)

Cant remember the name of the oil, but it had a well clean smell like.

Also remember a tree up in Parc Howard that me and the boys aptly named the 'spunk tree.' It was right by the mansion, and everytime we passed it, we all commented on how it smelt like the baby gravy we all produced in mass quantities during our teenage years.

Oh teenage years, how great they were. I'll always remember walking home along Pembrey Rd as a 14 year old spotty teenager when some 6th form bird, who had obviously got home before us, flashed her norks to us from her front room. Pressed right up against the glass on her window they were, lovely shape to them, or am i just reminiscing. They didnt smell of anything like, im just reminiscing about my youth like.........................
Petunia Oil my brother used to wash in it]
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 4:10pm

Tipp-Ex, Tipp-Ex thinners, and the pine smell from a real christmas tree. Freshly cooked mince pies and Brains Faoggots were bliss, not forgetting Um Bongo Juice drink!!! Star Couldn't beat the smell coming out of Buckleys, but then the following day it smelt like sh*t! Dead The grass bin in Parc Howard always smelt tidy, but the bottom of Charles Street did not! LOL Toffee Apples at the Christmas carnival smelt nice, and so did fresh cockles on a Saturday morning down the market. Thumbs Up Loved getting fresh fish and chips from Eddie's, Dill's or Tysia (or a Curry Butty), smelt beautiful, but I'll never forget the smell of my very first Chicken Chow Mein........bliss! Clap 

New Season, New Start
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 4:13pm
The sweet stench of the pipe coming out by the North dock oh the sweet sweet smell. Can't believe they built posh houses down there they must have a giant smelly tree dangling at the entrance!!!Nuke
Circles Pub always triggered mentally the smell of polo mints (disguised the real smell of overflowing toilets!!!!
Saturday morning queueing in the cinema for the Saturday morning show and the waft of the hotdog machine as you got closer to paying then getting a box of poppets(raisen ones red box) and then running up the stairs getting covered in cheap red sauce aahhhhhhhhh
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 4:16pm
[QUOTE=Mrfwon]

Tipp-Ex, Tipp-Ex thinners, and the pine smell from a real christmas tree. Freshly cooked mince pies and Brains Faoggots were bliss, not forgetting Um Bongo Juice drink!!! Star Couldn't beat the smell coming out of Buckleys, but then the following day it smelt like sh*t! Dead The grass bin in Parc Howard always smelt tidy, but the bottom of Charles Street did not! LOL Toffee Apples at the Christmas carnival smelt nice, and so did fresh cockles on a Saturday morning down the market. Thumbs Up Loved getting fresh fish and chips from Eddie's, Dill's or Tysia (or a Curry Butty), smelt beautiful, but I'll never forget the smell of my very first Chicken Chow Mein........bliss! Clap 

[IS THAT dill's top of Westbury street if so I had to queue for ages to get their chips but they were 2nd best after John's in New Dock road where I had to go with a pyrex dish to be filled not always as full when I got home though boody lovely]
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

The sweet stench of the pipe coming out by the North dock oh the sweet sweet smell. Can't believe they built posh houses down there they must have a giant smelly tree dangling at the entrance!!!Nuke
Circles Pub always triggered mentally the smell of polo mints (disguised the real smell of overflowing toilets!!!!
Saturday morning queueing in the cinema for the Saturday morning show and the waft of the hotdog machine as you got closer to paying then getting a box of poppets(raisen ones red box) and then running up the stairs getting covered in cheap red sauce aahhhhhhhhh
That was a massive pain in the arse for my parents! LOL but Poppets were bliss!!! Weren't the raisen ones in a purple box? The red box was nut???? Shocked Mint were the best though, green box they were!! Big smile Can anyone remember the WAM and Mumbo Jumbo bar? Big smile
New Season, New Start
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 4:21pm

[QUOTE=Mrfwon]

[IS THAT dill's top of Westbury street if so I had to queue for ages to get their chips but they were 2nd best after John's in New Dock road where I had to go with a pyrex dish to be filled not always as full when I got home though boody lovely]
No, Dill's was on the corner of Cedric Street/Regalia Terrace - Just off Walters Road Big smile Used to do loads of Quarter Mix sweets and Videos Big smile Packed out during school lunches he was, everyone was after Chip Butties and a can of HaParc y Scarletshopper coke Big smile
New Season, New Start
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 4:22pm

[QUOTE=Mrfwon]

You went to get chips with a pyrex dish? ShockedLOL
New Season, New Start
geordie scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 4:24pm
Water fountain in Parc Howard
Linseed oil on cricket bats
Pink school dinner custard
Rugby boots with dubbing on

Toontotown challenges have now raised £101,321 for charity www.toontotown.co.uk

You cant buy Scarlet culture........You have to breed Scarlet culture
Proud member of Herman Tours
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic