Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

reds champs 2007/08

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reds champs 2007/08
    Posted: 11 April 2008 at 10:11pm
well done to llanelli a.f.c,on securing their first welsh championship,as a rersult of the new saints 2-0 defeat tonight .
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 10:21pm
tidy
GA PLUM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GA PLUM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 12:55am
Who needs mourinho, we've got Pete Nico.......... Superb stuff.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 7:45am
Bit of an anti-climax, rather have won it in front of a home crowd! Nonetheless it's a fitting reward for the football played by the Reds this season, trophy being presented Tuesday evening so here's hoping for a good crowd. It won't make big headlines, but it's nice that Llanelli is on the sporting map with two sports.
"Champions league, we're having a laugh!", 3 ties before we get to the group stage and in with Real Madrid? Wonder what odds the bookies would give on that!
John McEnroe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John McEnroe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 11:02am

No.6 does it REALLY matter that the reds won the TITLE not at stebo didn"t SALFORD UTD oops i meant man utd offiically win their 1st premiership title when not actually playing & is  football & snooker thanks to TERRY GRIFFITHS the 2 sports to put llanelli on the sporting map

You can not be serious
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 11:28am
Originally posted by John McEnroe John McEnroe wrote:

No.6 does it REALLY matter that the reds won the TITLE not at stebo didn"t SALFORD UTD oops i meant man utd offiically win their 1st premiership title when not actually playing & is  football & snooker thanks to TERRY GRIFFITHS the 2 sports to put llanelli on the sporting map

Read my post again, no it doesn't matter where they won it however it would have been more of an event winning it at Stebo, obviously the whole tone and point of the post passed you by. Terry Griffiths was nearly 30 years ago mun, The Reds won the title this week hence being on the sporting map in today's climate.
Football and snooker put llanelli on the sporting map? Or did I read your post wrong? Couldn't really make sense of it for a variety of reasons.
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 6:14pm
WELL DONE  THE REDS,THROUGHLY DESERVED TO WIN THE LEAGUE,ONLY 2 CUP FINALS LEFT TO WIN  NOW!!!!LOOKING FORWARD TO THE CELEBRATIONS AT STEBO ON TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 11:49am
Well done Llanelli, it has been a very impressive season from them so lets all get down to stebo on tuesday night to show them how much we actually appreciate them
Well done boys!!! lets go for the treble!!!!! well quadruple including the west wales senior cup
TrumpTowers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrumpTowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 2:01pm
well done the reds
If you build it, they will come.
Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by no.6 no.6 wrote:

Read my post again, no it doesn't matter where they won it however it would have been more of an event winning it at Stebo, obviously the whole tone and point of the post passed you by. Terry Griffiths was nearly 30 years ago mun, The Reds won the title this week hence being on the sporting map in today's climate.
Football and snooker put llanelli on the sporting map? Or did I read your post wrong? Couldn't really make sense of it for a variety of reasons.

I think he's alluding that rugby is no longer putting Llanelli on the sporting map.
Musical Glove View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Musical Glove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 6:55pm

Marshall James, Mathew Stevens and Neil Rees also put Llanelli on the sporting map.
Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Musical Glove Musical Glove wrote:

Marshall James, Mathew Stevens and Neil Rees also put Llanelli on the sporting map.
You're pushing the limits here!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Gary Coleman Gary Coleman wrote:

Originally posted by Musical Glove Musical Glove wrote:

You're pushing the limits here!
Marshall did for a week, i'll give you that one!
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 10:31am
great result last nite, well done boys.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 11:42am
Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

Only spoilt by a rude person walking away when I said helloWink
A shame there weren't more there, but it was a pretty good crowd and a good atmosphere. The £3 entrance fee could have been more widely advertised as well!

Anyway, After all these years the title comes to Stebo, fully deserved as they've played some really entertaining football this year. Rhys Griffiths 100 goals for the Reds in 93 games! With 55 this season (so far) I believe he will be the recipient of the Uefa golden boot award! 
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by no.6 no.6 wrote:

Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

Only spoilt by a rude person walking away when I said helloWink
A shame there weren't more there, but it was a pretty good crowd and a good atmosphere. The £3 entrance fee could have been more widely advertised as well!

Anyway, After all these years the title comes to Stebo, fully deserved as they've played some really entertaining football this year. Rhys Griffiths 100 goals for the Reds in 93 games! With 55 this season (so far) I believe he will be the recipient of the Uefa golden boot award! 

sorry mate, i was wandering around lost, trying to find plum and curly.

i dont think rhys griff will have the golden boot as there's a point system now and i think he only gets half a point for every goal compared to e.g. ronaldo who has 1 point for every goal as he plays in a higher-standard league
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic