Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: https://scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=45571
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 4:51pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Sanjay on way home
Posted By: 157cb
Subject: Sanjay on way home
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 11:34am

Robin Davey saying on Twitter Sanjay been shown around Parc Y Scarlets yesterday, time to come home Liam!

Replies:
Posted By: henry_winkler
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 11:59am
You'd think he knows his way around it by now... Be nice if true though.

Posted By: dr_martinov
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 12:00pm
We need an official SF Car Park cam set up pronto with 24 h live feeds on here.

Posted By: ChrisX
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 12:05pm
I hope its true - welcome home but you would like to think he knows his way around PYS Wink

Posted By: Fscarlet
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 12:42pm
Could just be that he has come back home for a break whilst he is injured & has popped in for a coffee. I don't think any of the regions can match what he is on at Sarries.

Posted By: Legendinmybathroom
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Could just be that he has come back home for a break whilst he is injured & has popped in for a coffee. I don't think any of the regions can match what he is on at Sarries.
Don’t know if Saracens can match what he’s on nowWink

Posted By: Sosban bach
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Don’t know if Saracens can match what he’s on nowWink
LOLLOLLOL

Posted By: Havard Fan
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 1:10pm
Don't understand why he needed to be shown the facilities. He can't have forgotten in the last couple of years.Big smile

Posted By: EJPT
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 1:44pm
Nothings definite! apart from i definitely want him to come back 

Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 1:45pm
Lets bring Scott Williams in from the wilderness while we’re at it 

Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 1:46pm
 New coaches mun! 

Posted By: mr geraint
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

I might be in the minority but I prefer Scott to HP. Always felt like he should have been a one club player.

Posted By: Scarletstarch
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 2:56pm
Brilliant if true about Liam and would be great if Scott came home as he doesn't look at home at the Ospreys and doesn't seem to be the same player that left the Scarlets!

-------------
"YMA O HYD"

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 3:08pm

Nothings definite! apart from i definitely want him to come back 

Me, too!

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Posted By: turkishrebel
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 3:10pm
think we all want liam back with us. its all down to finances I would imagine. cant see us keeping both halfpenny and liam

-------------
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!

Posted By: greypower1
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 3:25pm
What's the point of having three full backs/ wings who will be away with Wales at the same time?  It's bad enough now with Johnny and Leigh ( not counting Steph) away.  Time to properly expose our young flyers Williams, Conbeer, Baldwin and Lewis.

-------------
Keep the faith

Posted By: PearlJam
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Is anyone in contact with £85,000 a year Car-Park Executive Manager, Laurence Delaney? Perhaps he and his crack team of elite car-park operatives can rig something up, sharpish.

-------------
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.

Posted By: Mike
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

Is anyone in contact with £85,000 a year Car-Park Executive Manager, Laurence Delaney? Perhaps he and his crack team of elite car-park operatives can rig something up, sharpish.

The greatest Scarlet myth ever? It has some stiff competition. Stephane Glas being seen in the car park at Stradey. Signing Gavin Hastings (or was it Craig Chalmers) in the 90s because he'd been lined up with a job at a local business.

Fantastic stuff, and so many more.

Posted By: LLANDRE
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 4:52pm
Gordon D Arcy I think was another one Mike Tongue

-------------
West is Best (Fin gwybod)

Posted By: Mugwuffin
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

The greatest Scarlet myth ever? It has some stiff competition. Stephane Glas being seen in the car park at Stradey. Signing Gavin Hastings (or was it Craig Chalmers) in the 90s because he'd been lined up with a job at a local business.

Fantastic stuff, and so many more.
‘We signed the wrong Tagicakibau brother by mistake’ is a special one from recent years. 

That’s up there with the Delaney car park manager one IMO. 

Posted By: Mugwuffin
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Havard Fan Havard Fan wrote:

Don't understand why he needed to be shown the facilities. He can't have forgotten in the last couple of years.Big smile
The menu in the club cafe has changed since he’s gone. 

He could also have come for a discussion with our new coaching staff. 

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 5:09pm

Oh he’s leaving Sarries that’s a certainty. He’ll be playing in Wales next season it’s just a question of where

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

What's the point of having three full backs/ wings who will be away with Wales at the same time?  It's bad enough now with Johnny and Leigh ( not counting Steph) away.  Time to properly expose our young flyers Williams, Conbeer, Baldwin and Lewis.
Very relevant question

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Oh he’s leaving Sarries that’s a certainty. He’ll be playing in Wales next season it’s just a question of where

He could earn some serious money in France...

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Gordon D Arcy I think was another one Mike Tongue
i'm pretty sure that was alun the ref who gave us that pearler.LOL

Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 5:51pm

But he wants to come home.

-------------

Posted By: LLANDRE
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 6:01pm
No price on hiraeth

-------------
West is Best (Fin gwybod)

Posted By: diego6754
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 6:18pm
I think Leigh has been great for us, quality signing but given the choice between him and Sanj, its Sanj everytime. This is also taking in to account their respective ages and the fact Dan Jones and Patchell have improved their goal kicking no end. No doubt down to Leigh!!

As for Scott, well that's a tricky one. Heart says yes, head says may be not. Don't think we need to add to our stable of ageing centres and i'd love to see Steff at 12 and Cory at 13 as our long term partnership. Two home grown lads.

Posted By: Sant
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

I think Leigh has been great for us, quality signing but given the choice between him and Sanj, its Sanj everytime. This is also taking in to account their respective ages and the fact Dan Jones and Patchell have improved their goal kicking no end. No doubt down to Leigh!!

As for Scott, well that's a tricky one. Heart says yes, head says may be not. Don't think we need to add to our stable of ageing centres and i'd love to see Steff at 12 and Cory at 13 as our long term partnership. Two home grown lads.

I believe he has just turned 29 so a few years younger than Fonotia, Parkes and Foxy. 

-------------
Then raise the scarlet standard high.
Within its shade we'll live and die,
Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer,
We'll keep the red flag flying here.

Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 7:57pm

But he wants to come home.

Does he? Has he said that?

Posted By: ScarletBear
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

No price on hiraeth

But there is on which colour of hiraeth. Hopefully Scarlet.

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 10:12pm

Yes, same as you with Scott. If he was still with the Scarlets then keep him and extend his contract. Not sure he ever regained the level since his knee operation. Lets see how this season goes.

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 19 November 2019 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Sant Sant wrote:

I believe he has just turned 29 so a few years younger than Fonotia, Parkes and Foxy. 

Scott has another two seasons left on his contract, including this one.  He wouldn't return until 2021, by which time he will be 31.

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 20 November 2019 at 10:12am
Originally posted by mr geraint mr geraint wrote:

I might be in the minority but I prefer Scott to HP. Always felt like he should have been a one club player.

Make that a minority of two at least!!!!

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 20 November 2019 at 10:25am

Very relevant question
Very good point. Would it be more beneficial to bring in NWQ that can play full back, wing and possibly centre. David Havili type player to be around all season and to provide experience to the likes of conbeer when Halfpenny, mcnicholl etc are away. 

Posted By: diego6754
Date Posted: 21 November 2019 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Very relevant question

Very good point. Would it be more beneficial to bring in NWQ that can play full back, wing and possibly centre. David Havili type player to be around all season and to provide experience to the likes of conbeer when Halfpenny, mcnicholl etc are away. 

I think if Liam comes back you'll see Leigh off to the Ospreys. He's out of contract in the summer as well.

Posted By: coldith
Date Posted: 21 November 2019 at 4:52pm

Very relevant question

I think if Liam comes back you'll see Leigh off to the Ospreys. He's out of contract in the summer as well.

With all the concussion issues Leigh is having he may decide to hang up his boots at the end of this contract.

Posted By: barrysboy
Date Posted: 25 November 2019 at 8:35pm
saw halfpenny in bath on Saturday 

-------------
100% Scarlet Fan.

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 25 November 2019 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by barrysboy barrysboy wrote:

Or do you mean Bath?Wink

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Posted By: SospanMawr
Date Posted: 25 November 2019 at 9:03pm

Imagine he’ll close the blinds next time.

Date Posted: 25 November 2019 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

And the door.

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 26 November 2019 at 2:33am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

And the door.
Ha Ha ... that scoop “ went down the plug hole “ 😂

Posted By: barrysboy
Date Posted: 26 November 2019 at 8:03am
can sort of tell why people rarely post on here any more.

-------------
100% Scarlet Fan.

Posted By: Mrfwon
Date Posted: 26 November 2019 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Or do you mean Bath?Wink

LOLLOLLOL That's a "doh!" moment LOLLOLLOL

-------------
Scarlets!!!

Posted By: Mrfwon
Date Posted: 26 November 2019 at 11:33am

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

There's a blast from the past! ClapClapClapLOLLOLLOL

-------------
Scarlets!!!

Date Posted: 26 November 2019 at 12:28pm

why? too many people without a sense of humour?Wink

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 26 November 2019 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

barrysboy we all know it was just a grammatical thing for goodness sake and we are just pulling your leg a bit about baths and any daft puns about it. Do cheer up . 

Ps . Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water ( oops done it again . I must put a plug in it .. (ops done it again)  😂 Cheer up and post a smile 😊 

Date Posted: 26 November 2019 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

barrysboy we all know it was just a grammatical thing for goodness sake and we are just pulling your leg a bit about baths and any daft puns about it. Do cheer up . 

Ps . Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water ( oops done it again . I must put a plug in it .. (ops done it again)  😂 Cheer up and post a smile 😊 
I thought it was more of a eureka! moment.LOL

Posted By: Huwbach
Date Posted: 26 November 2019 at 10:51pm

Very relevant question

I don’t think either will be going to the Ospreys tbh with all that is going on there. 

Posted By: stradeyscarlet72
Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 10:57am
we could keep Leigh in addition to Sanjay - going into the coaching side possibility ?   The ospreys appear to be going up the swanny 

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 11:05am
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

we could keep Leigh in addition to Sanjay - going into the coaching side possibility ?   The ospreys appear to be going up the swanny 
we aren't that flush that we can create coaching positions for people with no experience of coaching.

Posted By: Sandman
Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 11:27am
Personally I hope we have Sanjay back and Halfers can have a bath or a shower, his ablutions are up to him. This isn’t any kind of slight on Leigh, I would just choose Sanjay over him. Leigh has worked tremendously hard over the last few seasons to try and play a Scarlets based game, it just hasn’t worked. Leigh hasn’t been the replacement for Sanjay that we were hoping. However, if we fail to entice Sanjay back, I would be the first one to cheer if Halfers extends his contract. 

-------------
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)

Posted By: lofty evans
Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 11:41am
Sanjay is a god, loved seeing his heads up banzai rugby......bring him home his heart is Scarlet 

-------------
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

Personally I hope we have Sanjay back and Halfers can have a bath or a shower, his ablutions are up to him. This isn’t any kind of slight on Leigh, I would just choose Sanjay over him. Leigh has worked tremendously hard over the last few seasons to try and play a Scarlets based game, it just hasn’t worked. Leigh hasn’t been the replacement for Sanjay that we were hoping. However, if we fail to entice Sanjay back, I would be the first one to cheer if Halfers extends his contract. 
Leigh has been good on and off the field for the Scarlets. It doesn’t have to be a choice between Leigh and Sanjay

-------------

Posted By: cymru2006
Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 12:20pm
with the long term injuries to foxy and patch, covered by the Wru insurance that frees up a big saving on wages for the next year. Rather see us not replace either short term and invest the saving made on by their wages being paid by Wru on securing Liam. Happy to keep halfers as one or possibly both will be unavailable for large parts of the season

-------------
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted By: Sandman
Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 12:22pm

Leigh has been good on and off the field for the Scarlets. It doesn’t have to be a choice between Leigh and Sanjay
As mentioned previously, it would be amazing and some coup if we were to have both players. The rugby world would be truly envious of us. However, I hope that the opposite doesn’t come to pass and we end up with neither. 

-------------
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 1:08pm
Can't see us entertaining both. We have other more pressing priorities - tight head being one area we will need to strengthen along with probably our midfield with Foxy/Hadleigh's availability issues and their ages. 

Posted By: turkishrebel
Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 1:38pm
I think centre will be covered by the development of Baldwin and also the form of steff hughes, think tight head is an issue. but would think we would get another year or so out of werner. Samson is not 1st choice with wales so he will have game time and would hope jevan would develop further as well.
I would love us to keep both liam and leigh, but if it is a choice it would be liam.

-------------
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 1:40pm

Quite - and I don't see the need to build up one player (Sanjay) at the expense of another (Leigh) - both are world class players who happen to have different attributes. And, BTW - Leigh's attacking play has improved a lot since he came to the Scarlets. He is, of course, a significantly better defender than Sanjay.

Whether we can afford both at the same time is a different question - I'd agree that Sanjay's style fits in more with a traditional Scarlet style, and he is definitely one of my all-time favourite players, so if it was as simple as a choice, I'd plump for him - but things are often more complicated than that. I simply hope that we have one of them for 2020-21 - and if we have both, I'll be over the moon!

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Posted By: Ffidel Bennett
Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 1:56pm
Scarletnut's comment gives rise for some optimism, regarding the return of Sanjay, but I can't help agreeing with GPR that this shouldn't be our highest priority, when we could be down to only one experienced 10 in the months between Lamb's departure and Patch's return. And also, great servant as he has been, Werner, is approaching the end of his career and unless Javan gets up to speed quickly we may be struggling at tight head also (as Gardiner's play in the loose doesn't exactly fit in with the style of play we will probably adopt) under Mooar..

Posted By: henry_winkler
Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 1:58pm
It's a very dated opinion to say"we already have one of them what's the point?" 

There are a few points, the likes of Man
City would sign him so nobody else has him. Would you rather Liam lines up for us or the ospreys in the WW derby?

Secondly the amount of injuries in the modern game is outrageous so a deep squad is required and I've always been 
Of the opinion that a squad should be filled from the top down and not bottom up.

Thirdly, how strong would our matchday 23 be when all fit?

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Scarletnut's comment gives rise for some optimism, regarding the return of Sanjay, but I can't help agreeing with GPR that this shouldn't be our highest priority, when we could be down to only one experienced 10 in the months between Lamb's departure and Patch's return. And also, great servant as he has been, Werner, is approaching the end of his career and unless Javan gets up to speed quickly we may be struggling at tight head also (as Gardiner's play in the loose doesn't exactly fit in with the style of play we will probably adopt) under Mooar..

On this point - is there any chance we could extend Lamb's contract, with Patch's return date unknown, and with a likely call-up to Wales during the 6N in any case?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Can't see us entertaining both. We have other more pressing priorities - tight head being one area we will need to strengthen along with probably our midfield with Foxy/Hadleigh's availability issues and their ages. 
Yes I agree tight-head is a position we need to strengthen. Werner has been a terrific servant but he can't go on forever.

-------------

Posted By: Dic Penderyn
Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Quite - and I don't see the need to build up one player (Sanjay) at the expense of another (Leigh) - both are world class players who happen to have different attributes. And, BTW - Leigh's attacking play has improved a lot since he came to the Scarlets. He is, of course, a significantly better defender than Sanjay.

Whether we can afford both at the same time is a different question - I'd agree that Sanjay's style fits in more with a traditional Scarlet style, and he is definitely one of my all-time favourite players, so if it was as simple as a choice, I'd plump for him - but things are often more complicated than that. I simply hope that we have one of them for 2020-21 - and if we have both, I'll be over the moon!

"He is,of course,a significantly better defender than Sanjay"???!!??Is that a joke?

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

"He is,of course,a significantly better defender than Sanjay"???!!??Is that a joke?

Halfpenny's defensive game is better than Sanjays.

Posted By: Sosban bach
Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 3:24pm
Think some people have been a bit blinded from performances in the rwc. Personally thought HP was on top form in his games whereas Sanjay was off form, hard for Sanjay to shine under Gatland I must admit. HP is defensively stronger than Liam be it under the high ball, positioning and giving his wingmen orders of where he wants them to be. Counter attack is a no brainier and with Liam being my favourite player to watch since first seeing him in a scarlets too with his massive sidies looking like JPR jr. if there’s a good chance of holding onto both then I’d be well up for that, just because we need a tight head doesn’t mean we’ll get one by not having these two on our books. How long did it take to find a suitable 8?!

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 3:31pm

Paper talk,pal.Halfpenny gets a better press than Her Majesty the Queen.

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 3:47pm
Technically Halfpenny is a more reliable 15 with a superb positional sense, text-book tackling and better defensive kicking. Where Sanjay excels is in spontaneity, and using his unique athleticism to do the totally unexpected, both in defence but more importantly in turning defence into attack. However it does involve putting his body on the line, and there is always a greater risk of injury from his actions. Yes, it would be great to have both with the Scarlets for those parts of the year they are not being used by Wales. But will we still think that when we are regularly conceding scrum penalties or find that our 10 can't get the backs moving from good ball??

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 3:58pm

For sure. Liam is one of best attacking FBs in the world, and HP one of the best defensive FBs.

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 4:04pm

Technically Halfpenny is a more reliable 15 with a superb positional sense, text-book tackling and better defensive kicking. Where Sanjay excels is in spontaneity, and using his unique athleticism to do the totally unexpected, both in defence but more importantly in turning defence into attack. However it does involve putting his body on the line, and there is always a greater risk of injury from his actions. Yes, it would be great to have both with the Scarlets for those parts of the year they are not being used by Wales. But will we still think that when we are regularly conceding scrum penalties or find that our 10 can't get the backs moving from good ball??
"Text book tackling"!!??Is that why he gets concussed so often?

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 4:06pm

Ummmm did you not see the incident where he got concussed?

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 4:11pm

Ummmm did you not see the incident where he got concussed?

Ummmmmmm which concussion are you talking about,pal?????

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 6:57pm

No. I doubt if there is a better positional 15 in world rugby than 1/2p, which is why when he catches kicks ahead, it often looks easy... both are fearless tacklers, but 1/2p has the better technique overall... both are very brave going for high balls, probably 1/2p misses fewer. 1/2p is a more accurate and longer kicker. Sanjay is the more dangerous runner, but 1/2p is much improved since joining the Scarlets. Sanjay can win turnovers, which can be invaluable.

Both world class.

-------------

Posted By: Sosban89
Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 6:59pm
I agree h/p has the positional advantage. Wouldn't say that there is much difference in terms of tackling and also Sanjay is one of the strongest back 3 players in the world going up for a high ball, so HP would clearly trail there.

Posted By: Rubrum
Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 9:18pm
They are both damn good and should be at PYS next season.

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rubrum

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 9:27pm
Absolutely, would be great to have them both. 

Johnny Mcnicholl and Liam williams on each wing with Halfpenny back there at 15, not sure anyone would be kicking the ball to them.  

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 9:31pm
1. Wyn 
2. Sheriff
3. Lee 
4. Ball
5. Lousi/tex
6. Shingler 
7. Mccloud
8. Blade
9. Cawdor 
10. Prince Harry
11. Johnny mach
12. Hadleigh 
13. Foxy 
14. Sanjay
15. Halfpenny
Thats some side 

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 9:49pm

1. Wyn 
2. Sheriff
3. Lee 
4. Ball
5. Lousi/tex
6. Shingler 
7. Mccloud
8. Blade
9. Cawdor 
10. Prince Harry
11. Johnny mach
12. Hadleigh 
13. Foxy 
14. Sanjay
15. Halfpenny
Thats some side 

No Cassiem ? he would be at 8 for me, been top carrier in the Pro 14 and ECC this season and becoming a cult hero, him and Macleod been immense!!!

Date Posted: 27 November 2019 at 9:54pm
Cassiem and Blade both playing very well no daylight between them on their day. But you’re right Cassiem is the form 8 at the moment i feel. 

Date Posted: 28 November 2019 at 1:18am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

1. Wyn 
2. Sheriff
3. Lee 
4. Ball
5. Lousi/tex
6. Shingler 
7. Mccloud
8. Blade
9. Cawdor 
10. Prince Harry
11. Johnny mach
12. Hadleigh 
13. Foxy 
14. Sanjay
15. Halfpenny
Thats some side 

No Cassiem ? he would be at 8 for me, been top carrier in the Pro 14 and ECC this season and becoming a cult hero, him and Macleod been immense!!!

The cubster?

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Date Posted: 28 November 2019 at 1:21am
So is Cassiem the #8 we have been looking for since Morgan? After an injury affected first season, is 5-6 games enough to decide he is the real deal? I hope he is.

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Date Posted: 28 November 2019 at 7:29am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

So is Cassiem the #8 we have been looking for since Morgan? After an injury affected first season, is 5-6 games enough to decide he is the real deal? I hope he is.

No 5-6 games is not enough. Last season he was a huge disappointment but he has played very well this season so far. Brad is using his forward resources cleverly so far trying to keep the big workload players as fresh as he can. Big period coming up until mid January so he will use the returning Internationals so his 6 nations team can rest up a bit. 

Posted By: NobbySosban
Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 4:27pm
Mark Orders reporting that Sanjay is edging towards Scarlets...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/scarlets-closing-stunning-liam-williams-17349885" rel="nofollow - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/scarlets-closing-stunning-liam-williams-17349885

Posted By: Jones2004
Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/scarlets-closing-stunning-liam-williams-17349885" rel="nofollow - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/scarlets-closing-stunning-liam-williams-17349885
Have you seen the caption on the first picture 😂😂😂

Posted By: NobbySosban
Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Have you seen the caption on the first picture 😂😂😂
Shocked Embarrassed LOL

Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 4:45pm
Mark Ospreys has Orders on the brain, or have I got the order wrong on that one?

Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 4:47pm
Makes you wonder if they have tried to get Leigh on another contract and he’s turned us down hence why we are in the market for Sanjay. 

Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 4:48pm
FFS, world class journalism there...

Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 5:06pm

Makes you wonder if they have tried to get Leigh on another contract and he’s turned us down hence why we are in the market for Sanjay. 
no

-------------

Posted By: solva
Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 6:44pm
Not a quote to be seen or heard. Speculation the name of the game.

Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

Hardly going to use quotes for a story like that

-------------

Posted By: N14
Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 7:40pm

Hardly going to use quotes for a story like that

Even if Brad or someone else had been contacted for comment they would say little/nothing until it was all done and dusted, so yeah, not sure what sort of quote people would be expecting.
From memory Wayne used to be a bit more open with regards to who we were/weren't in discussions with, but generally comments are kept to a minimum until it's a done deal.

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 7:40pm
I thought wales online was rubbish? Why is it suddenly ok whenever there’s a pro Scarlets article?

Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 7:45pm
For goodness sake, read the comments again. No one's praising WoL. These are just comments on the report. 

Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 7:51pm
Either stand the story up or don't print it  'A source close to' just doesn't cut it.  

Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 7:54pm
The point is that it got a 'click' which is what the WoL are looking for. 

Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 9:00pm

Either stand the story up or don't print it  'A source close to' just doesn't cut it.  
You haven’t a clue who his sources are. He can hardly be suspected to reveal them

-------------

Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 9:06pm
I ‘suspect ‘ he hasn’t either  

Posted By: Legendinmybathroom
Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 9:09pm
There must be some legs in this story, people on here stated that Liam was seen at PYS recently, WOL states it today and Brad mentioned it last week, stating that Liam had been down at PYS and that he was a Scarlets legend and that he would love him to return, but wouldn’t comment on any contract negotiations.
This, if true would be a huge thing for the Scarlets and I for one would welcome him back with open arms.

Posted By: Owen111
Date Posted: 02 December 2019 at 9:37pm
Hes buying a house in Cardiff so hopefully that eliminates the French teams 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net