Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

peter alliss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: peter alliss
    Posted: 06 December 2020 at 12:09pm
r.i.p. peter alliss the voice of golf akin to bill mclaren with rugby,he held the european record for i think 15 years as the heaviest baby born at 14lbs 11ozs and came out with some classic lines whilst commentating such as " never eat a berry below waist height on a golf course" 89 yrs of age.
Sponsored Links

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 5:57pm
Such sad news to lose the voice of Golf. How many magnificent sundays did we enjoy listening to the great man commentating on the last round of the majors?...Ill be sure to watch all the documentaries on the allis and savouring his endless classic quotes, like "watching Tiger Woods struggling to a round of 82 is like arriving to listen to pavarotti only to find he has laryngitis"Tongue ...."The best thing about scottish rain is they turn into whiskey.".....Its hard to encapsulate his genius though with the odd quote. One simply delighted in Aliss waxing lyrical at all times, whether it was describing the genius of seve, or woosie winning the masters or a plane flying over st andrews or a few cakes hed been sent in from listeners, it was all an absolute joy. 

Theres a docu somewhere when alliss goes to visit seve at his spanish home. 2 golf legends luxuriating in their passion for the game and giving joy to millions. Seves trophy cabinet took up half the house....eagle eyed allis pointed out seve had his 2 green masters blazers on display, hey seve he said their club house rules said winners arent allowed to keep the blazers...seve replied, yes peter I rang them and told them if they wanted them back theyre welcome to travel to spain LOL

Edited by roy munster - 06 December 2020 at 6:00pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 6:08pm
Sad news. Used to love 'A Round with Allis'. For those who dont know what I'm talking about, it was a TV show where he used to play 9 holes with celebrities. Like Wogan, Sean Connery etc etc. The voice of golf for so many years. I have to say that Sky do Golf brilliantly and he was pushed aside in recent times to a degree. But a great golfer and Ryder Cup player in his own right. An old school character that will be sadly missed.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic