Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pembrokeshire scarlets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pembrokeshire scarlets
    Posted: 30 September 2021 at 4:35am
Following the excellent  "born and raised in carmarthenshire", scarlets team....I would like to add one of my own, and would ask my fellow scarlets on here to help out a bit.
I spent nr 20 yrs of my teaching career in Pembrokeshire and its GREAT to see many up and coming Pembs lads in scarlets squad like archie, caleb to add to the more established Ryan conbeer.
Anyway...here goes....
Geraint Bowen(narberth),Ryan Conbeer(saundersfoot/tenby),Peter Morgan,capt..(haverforwest)geraint john(haverfordwest),Dominic setaro(whitland),Ben childs(tenby),Mike Griffiths,(neyland),Rob Evans,(haverfordwest)hooker.?John davies(crymch),Dominic day(tenby),Jack dudley(St davids)Mike truman(tenby) richard'stag'jones(narberth),7..?
###############################################
Not sure whether arwyn reynolds (hooked from 70's, was from downline.Also there is a young hooker from Tenby played for rfc,and I think one or two appearances for scarlets currently, name eludes me.Struggling for a 7. Josh Mcloud is cardigan, so technically doesn't qualify.Also domic setaro, is technically  carmarthenshire,as Whitland is on border...so we could substitute Craig Moir (milford haven),for him.
Also selwyn williams was north Pembrokeshire I think .
Anyway, I am sure there're many with better memories than me who can help out here.
Cheers
I stood yer on tanner bank
Sponsored Links

Pentigili View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentigili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2021 at 10:36am
Josh Macleod (Crymych) played a couple of games under8/9 for Cardigan and then all his rugby for Crymych. Brought up in Dinas so to me definitely Sir Benfro!

Edited by Pentigili - 30 September 2021 at 10:47am
Pentigili View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentigili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2021 at 10:42am
Selwyn played for Narberth. Ifan Phillips (hooker, played a few games for Scarlets, Crymych) Rhodri Davies (scrum half now with Cornish Pirates, Crymych)

Edited by Pentigili - 30 September 2021 at 10:50am
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2021 at 11:01am
Many thanks Pentigili, appreciate being corrected regarding josh.
Team is more or less complete now,with just hooker to be picked.
I had no idea that josh mcloud had a Crymych background, so now joins John Davies in "Hall of fame,"..,
There others I have not mentioned,  such as Brian Diment and Gwyn Robins from Tenby utd, who were Llanelli regulars, in the 60's, also Lloyd Evans also from Tenby , going back a little further.
Pre-pandemic, it was great to see Lloyd and Delme together at Delme's book signing at Tenby booksho.Was a great day !
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2021 at 11:38am
Where was jonathan griffiths from?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2021 at 11:43am
There are definite links with Pembs for Jonathan.  He also played a lot of cricket downline, possibly for kilgetty, or carew?
Wonderful player Jonathan, and a lovely bloke!
Turkpower View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2021 at 12:04pm
Played tennis against him in Park Howard, he was good at that to.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2021 at 1:27pm
Jonathon Thomas
Sam Parry
Kemsley Mathias
Simon Gardiner
Dom Booth
Ryan Conbeer
Josh Helps
Josh Turnbull

Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2021 at 1:29pm
Andrew Morgan (wing)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2021 at 2:16pm
Thanks Will Chips ..Dom Booth was the name I was searching for as hooker to complete the Pembrokeshire Scarlets team.
Regarding the other names, Josh Turnbull..Newcastle Emlyn I think
also did Jonathan Thomas and San Parry ever play for scarlets(always been Ospreys)?
Yes Kemsley Mathew's is a Pembrokeshire boy, who should serve us well for seasons to come.Simon Gardener, much valued player and excellent scrummager! 
Thanks Dick Penderyn for reminding me about Andrew Morgan (from haverfordwest I think).Great player dangerous runner and good finisher.  He was a fireman I think.
Would be a candidate for a start in this side.

The one thing I hope this thread highlights, is how important Pembrokeshireis to our under-populated little region.
Great to Scarlets trawling every bit of talent avaible to us.
Same can be said of Ceredigion of course, and it would be interestingly to list players from there who have worn the famous Scarlet jersey?
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2021 at 2:35pm
Your right, Josh is a Newcastle Emlyn boy, but always lived just over the 'border' in Pembs, born in Hwest.

Sam was in our academy, but you've got me on Jonathon, I thought he did play for Llanelli early doors, but now I'm scratching my head.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2021 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Your right, Josh is a Newcastle Emlyn boy, but always lived just over the 'border' in Pembs, born in Hwest.

Sam was in our academy, but you've got me on Jonathon, I thought he did play for Llanelli early doors, but now I'm scratching my head.

And now there's sawdust everywhere LOLLOLLOLLOL
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2021 at 3:32pm
What about Gwyn Robbins at 7, going back to the 60's also played on the wing, think he was from Tenby area, and there was a back row forward called Price, I think it was Roger, also we have the James brothers Mike & Trevor I think they were second row forwards primarily, but did get an odd game in the back row, when we were short.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2021 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

think he was with swansea rfc then the ospreys wasn’t he? Neath picked up a lot of pembrokshire boys at one time kevin phillips roland phillips brian williams rip john davies the prop is pembs isn’t he?

Edited by RR1972 - 30 September 2021 at 3:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic