Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

One for the cricket enthusiast

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Who’s the best all rounder?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [91.30%]
2 [8.70%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One for the cricket enthusiast
    Posted: 20 August 2004 at 10:26am

This debate has been going on all summer long during the tests.

"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
(Alan Hansen, during Euro 96).
Sponsored Links

Beefs army View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefs army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2004 at 10:29am
Beef afraid all the way
Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2004 at 8:53pm
Bit of a give away to who I voted for, but I refuse to vote for Botham due to personal reasons!!
"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
Birdman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 11:58am
Give Flintoff another couple of summers injury free. He's on his way, but what a great summer's cricket - I've really enjoyed it.
Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 11:21pm

Originally posted by Birdman Birdman wrote:

Give Flintoff another couple of summers injury free. He's on his way, but what a great summer's cricket - I've really enjoyed it.

It's been great, fair play, especially with Glammy winning today again.

Apparently the England Cricket side were given a pep talk by Martin Johnson before they left for the Carribean. Must have worked!

connor boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2007 at 3:55pm
beefy by a long chalk but there again this kid shows promise,

NATHAN'S QUICK-FIRE NIFTY FIFTY
Be the first reader to comment on this story
ALEX BROWN
ALEX.BROWN@SWWMEDIA.CO.UK

10:30 - 30 May 2007

Any list of cricket's best run-scoring machines will include Kevin Pietersen and Andrew Flintoff.But now Baglan batsman Nathan Morgan must also be included after his recent record-breaking knock.

The 17-year-old has notched up his half century in an amazing 18 balls during Baglan's 99-run win over Pwll at the weekend.

The pace slowed somewhat after he reached his 50 - but only just as Nathan finished on an unbeaten 66 from 24 balls.

And the bad news for bowlers in the South Wales leagues is he is not finished yet.

He said: "It was a bit of fun.

"But now I have to do better!"

Coming in to bat at number seven, the Pwll bowling attack couldn't have expected to be hit to every part of the ground, but Nathan announced his intentions with a boundary from his very first shot.

He said: "The third one went over the cars parked by the ground.

"The batsman at the other end was just laughing."

The teenager notched up a further five sixes and five fours during his second half century of the season.

Club secretary Carl Matthews said: "It was unbelievable.

"I have never seen anything like it before.

"It was a record for us, without a doubt.

"A few people started to move their cars once he started going."

Nathan, of Brecon Road, Ystradgynlais, said he modelled his style on England's run scoring machine Kevin Pietersen, who was sending West Indian fielders to all parts of the Headingley ground at the same time as Nathan was doing the same at Pwll.

Nathan, the youngest player in the Baglan team, said his teammates were hoping to share in his run-scoring ability.

But rather than ask for advice on shot playing they were more interested in his bat.

He said: "When I got back into the pavilion they were asking if they could use my bat next time we play."

The Neath Port Talbot College student has just returned from a pre-season tour of Barbados.

However, the results for the college team were not what they had hoped for.

He added: "We got hammered. It was enjoyable, but we didn't do so well."
link
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic