Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mourinho
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


Mourinho

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 07 November 2004
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 13193
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mourinho
    Posted: 04 October 2015 at 9:35am
Time running out at Chelsea? Lost the dressing room?

If Abramovic wanted him out, but not having to pay compensation, he could have had him sacked on the grounds of gross misconduct with his treatment of the two doctors, especially Eva Carneiro.
No doubt Chelsea will pay her off, but I hope she sticks it out for unfair dismissal.
All I'd say is that if I treated a member of my staff like that, I'd be dismissed. Once again, different rules in sport but surely employment laws are the same for mere mortals like team doctors??

Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 10 April 2009
Location: Llanelli
Status: Offline
Points: 17949
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 9:39am
Biggest joke in the whole affair was the FA coming out stating that Mourinho did nothing wrong - even though they NEVER asked Caneiro for her version of events.

Football is an absolute joke. FIFA, FA - all corrupt from the top down.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Back to Top
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 08 May 2005
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 10889
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 10:13am
Carneiro has now probably got a case against Chelsea and the FA !
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 15077
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 12:46pm

what makes you think the club isn't behind mourhino? hes won everything everywhere, in football management that's all that seems to count

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 04 April 2013
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 9581
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 1:08pm
A 7 minute interview from one question
And We Were Singing...
Back to Top
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 07 November 2004
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 13193
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

what makes you think the club isn't behind mourhino? hes won everything everywhere, in football management that's all that seems to count



You don't go from Champions to a team who can't buy a win if all is well. By his comments, he thinks he's untouchable.

Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 15077
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 1:29pm
they've had a bad start that's for sure, but only 8 games in seems hysterical to sack the most successful manager of his generation at this stage
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 07 November 2004
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 13193
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:


they've had a bad start that's for sure, but only 8 games in seems hysterical to sack the most successful manager of his generation at this stage


There's Europe as well. It's not so much the bad start but whether there's a deeper problem which makes improvement difficult.
You're absolutely right and you don't win championships in October (although Chelsea have certainly lost one). Is there something underlying?



Edited by Abbey - 04 October 2015 at 1:42pm
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 15077
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 1:57pm
ive watched docus on mourinho and hes a master tactician. if he feels its not working hes more likely to leave on his own terms than to be sacked ....as for the doctor story , with the hysterical media I cant be bothered to follow it...is the argument the doc came on the pitch to treat a player without his consent? and the player then had to leave the field due to the protocol? meaning chelski were down 2 players? few questions...what is the clubs position on that? do quacks go through the manager, could the doc have waited  a few seconds , how bad was the injury? etc

Edited by roy munster - 04 October 2015 at 2:00pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 07 November 2004
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 13193
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:


ive watched docus on mourinho and hes a master tactician. if he feels its not working hes more likely to leave on his own terms than to be sacked
....as for the doctor story , with the hysterical media I cant be bothered to follow it...is the argument the doc came on the pitch to treat a player without his consent? and the player then had to leave the field due to the protocol? meaning chelski were down 2 players? few questions...what is the clubs position on that? do quacks go through the manager, could the doc have waited  a few seconds , how bad was the injury? etc


The injury was feigned which is why he had a hissy fit and said the doctors didn't understand football. The salient point, though, was that the referee called the doctors on to the field of play. As soon as he did that, they were bound by their ethical practise and to have listened to Mourhino would have placed them in an impossible position with the General Medical Council.

What Mourhino was doing was to condone cheating but, worse, put the doctors in an impossible position. To have a temper tantrum was beyond contempt.



Edited by Abbey - 04 October 2015 at 2:10pm
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 15077
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:


ive watched docus on mourinho and hes a master tactician. if he feels its not working hes more likely to leave on his own terms than to be sacked
....as for the doctor story , with the hysterical media I cant be bothered to follow it...is the argument the doc came on the pitch to treat a player without his consent? and the player then had to leave the field due to the protocol? meaning chelski were down 2 players? few questions...what is the clubs position on that? do quacks go through the manager, could the doc have waited  a few seconds , how bad was the injury? etc


The injury was feigned which is why he had a hissy fit and said the doctors didn't understand football. The salient point, though, was that the referee called the doctors on to the field of play. As soon as he did that, they were bound by their ethical practise and to have listened to Mourhino would have placed them in an impossible position with the General Medical Council.

What Mourhino was doing was to condone cheating but, worse, put the doctors in an impossible position. To have a temper tantrum was beyond contempt.

 
it clearly wasn't a dangerous injury then? so the result of the doctor going on for a fake injury was Chelsea lost a player for no reason.
theres 2 sides to every story and clearly theres 2 sides to this one. in all situations there are rules and regulations, if we followed every one of them to the exact letter of every law and regulation, no one would be able to do anything... see how nigel owens interpreted the spear tackle yesterday, he took the law applied it with common sense as the tackled man twisted and dived to the floor. even the scot thought it was applied well... everyone knows in football or rugby there is that few seconds where the medics and staff get a chance to assess the situation. it does seem pretty draconian in football that a player must leave the field when a medic arrives. so maybe the biggets problem is with fifa yet again. its easier to blame someone successful like mourinho, it sells murdochs bile and envy
 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 07 November 2004
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 13193
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 3:41pm
Sorry, but I completely and utterly disagree.

Bottom line is that a referee called the medical team onto the field of play to assess an injured player. To have refused would have been a dereliction of duty for the medics.
The fact that the player was simulating injury is a side issue.

Just imagine, for a second, if the player was genuinely injured and two doctors refused to enter the pitch just because the player would have to temporarily leave the pitch, and there turned out to be a genuine medical injury, the club would criticise the medical team and distance themselves. Serves Mourinho right for his player feigning injury.

Anyway, who should assess the injury? At the Stoke v Bournemouth game last week, Callum Wilson went down after an innocent challenge and the whole stadium (including the home bench) jeered as he was milking it. When he got up and carried on there were howls of protests, especially as he collapsed in a heap 30 seconds later. The injury? ACL and out for 6 months. To just about everyone in the stadium, he was cheating to get an opponent booked, or worse, as there was nothing wrong with him. But he'd actually ruptured his ligament.

Always assess or otherwise you'll put your registration at risk when it's a case of cry wolf.
The bigger picture is to stamp out simulation, but as far as Mourinho is concerned, the ref called his bluff and asked for medical assessment. The doctors were duty bound. Serves the manager right.

Anyway, it's just my opinion!





Edited by Abbey - 04 October 2015 at 3:43pm
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 15077
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

Sorry, but I completely and utterly disagree.

Bottom line is that a referee called the medical team onto the field of play to assess an injured player. To have refused would have been a dereliction of duty for the medics.
The fact that the player was simulating injury is a side issue.

Just imagine, for a second, if the player was genuinely injured and two doctors refused to enter the pitch just because the player would have to temporarily leave the pitch, and there turned out to be a genuine medical injury, the club would criticise the medical team and distance themselves. Serves Mourinho right for his player feigning injury.

Anyway, who should assess the injury? At the Stoke v Bournemouth game last week, Callum Wilson went down after an innocent challenge and the whole stadium (including the home bench) jeered as he was milking it. When he got up and carried on there were howls of protests, especially as he collapsed in a heap 30 seconds later. The injury? ACL and out for 6 months. To just about everyone in the stadium, he was cheating to get an opponent booked, or worse, as there was nothing wrong with him. But he'd actually ruptured his ligament.

Always assess or otherwise you'll put your registration at risk when it's a case of cry wolf.
The bigger picture is to stamp out simulation, but as far as Mourinho is concerned, the ref called his bluff and asked for medical assessment. The doctors were duty bound. Serves the manager right.

Anyway, it's just my opinion!



so whats the exact rule on this from the fa or fifa? is it the moment any doctor or medic enters the pitch the player must leave the field? these rules sound pretty idiotic and help create these situations
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 07 November 2004
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 13193
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 4:28pm
Yes, it's a stupid rule. Law says that docs must come on if instructed but player must then leave and go to the half way before being ordered back on. It's meant to stop feigning injury - ha!
Back to Top
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 May 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1804
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 5:08pm
Not a Chelsea Subject but Dick Advocat has left Sunderland as Manager who is next Sherwood or Mcclaren or Mourinho
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 15077
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 6:01pm
I wonder if these so called football fans who are so outraged by mourinho waiting a few extra seconds to have his celebrity players treated after tripping over a daisy....are as outraged or more outraged by the millions of people waiting weeks months years to see their doctors or surgeons , for life saving scans treatments and operations? far better to preach about how a celebrity is misbehaving than concern ourselves with the masses....some of these tabloids sure do pull peoples priorities out of whack....or maybe theyre just arsenal fans who want to see the back of him lol

Edited by roy munster - 04 October 2015 at 6:01pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.094 seconds.