Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Man United at the Parc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by no.6 no.6 wrote:

I might be wrong, but weren't the patrons asked to pay for a Wales football match? Which does go against the debenture idea, which is wrong, if they've paid thousands and were promised such tickets, then yes that deal shoud be honoured. The trouble is the deb seats are usually the ones reserved for Uefa/Fifa/dignitaries for international games/Euro games for Llanelli, whilst i'm pretty much against local spongers nabbing the good seats when they never bother with local football in general, some of them are potential investors for the Scarlets as well as the Reds.
]

Yep. all correct. A few debenture holders were NOT happy because basically the deal was not honoured.

Whether it will be the same for a non international I am not sure.
Sponsored Links

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 7:54am
Well i will be taking the Evans tribe to watch Man Utd...ClapClapClap

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 12:56pm
Including ickle Adrian I hope Lofty?
Dewi View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dewi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by rolly rolly wrote:

Originally posted by Dewi Dewi wrote:

got to book a night off for this game, last time i saw man utd play was in 1989 --------------- just before i got married, i`ll be supporting utd that day
Don't know if your from the llanelli area but if you are i find it disgusting that you would support a foreign team over your home town .
yep i`m fromm llanelli
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Angry LOL
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Tonyll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonyll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by joss joss wrote:

youth or not it will be the biggest football team this town and stadium will ever have the privilage to welcome, it's a great fixture for llanelli afc and a fantastic event for Parc y Scarlets

Don't forget the Reds played, and beat, a full strength Spurs side in the 1920's.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 8:02am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Only if he is nice to the sulking Smellmister,,,,,,,,,,

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Jag View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

I might be wrong, but weren't the patrons asked to pay for a Wales football match? Which does go against the debenture idea, which is wrong, if they've paid thousands and were promised such tickets, then yes that deal shoud be honoured. The trouble is the deb seats are usually the ones reserved for Uefa/Fifa/dignitaries for international games/Euro games for Llanelli, whilst i'm pretty much against local spongers nabbing the good seats when they never bother with local football in general, some of them are potential investors for the Scarlets as well as the Reds.
]

Yep. all correct. A few debenture holders were NOT happy because basically the deal was not honoured.

I wasn't one of them, and didn't speak to anyone who was.  A debenture does not give you free tickets, it gives you the right to a specific seat and priority for tickets.  Debenture holders still pay for their season ticket every year in addition to the purchase of the debenture, so anyone who was unhappy was simply illinformed to begin with.
Jag View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 12:25pm

got to book a night off for this game, last time i saw man utd play was in 1989 --------------- just before i got married, i`ll be supporting utd that day
Don't know if your from the llanelli area but if you are i find it disgusting that you would support a foreign team over your home town .

I don't.  Llanell's identity isn't rooted in its football club.  It is rooted in its rugby club.  Either way 'disgusted' is a bit strong.
Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Jag Jag wrote:

]

I wasn't one of them, and didn't speak to anyone who was.  A debenture does not give you free tickets, it gives you the right to a specific seat and priority for tickets.  Debenture holders still pay for their season ticket every year in addition to the purchase of the debenture, so anyone who was unhappy was simply illinformed to begin with.

I WAS one of them, but as it happens I couldn't go in the end anyway. Neither do I think I was illinformed. I wasn't expecting a free ticket for the match, but I was expecting the use of my seat. As I understand this was a mistake by the Scarlets, which was why debenture holders were offered three free tickets for the match in another area of the stadium.
Jag View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Gary Coleman Gary Coleman wrote:

]

I WAS one of them, but as it happens I couldn't go in the end anyway. Neither do I think I was illinformed. I wasn't expecting a free ticket for the match, but I was expecting the use of my seat. As I understand this was a mistake by the Scarlets, which was why debenture holders were offered three free tickets for the match in another area of the stadium.

Ah, that's different and I understand.  My point was in relation to expecting a free ticket as highlighted above.  I agree I'd expect my seat to be made available.  Don't want someone else wearing the letters out!
Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 1:27pm

Ah, that's different and I understand.  My point was in relation to expecting a free ticket as highlighted above.  I agree I'd expect my seat to be made available.  Don't want someone else wearing the letters out!

Mine are peeling off now. I bet it's that small chap I sit next to, picking at them when I'm not there.
Maybe I should report him to the commitee, his name's easy to remember, coincidentally it's the same name given to the upstairs lounge in the debenture area. I wonder if he's important?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 9:50pm

yep i`m fromm llanelli
I was born in llanelli and raised here, The Albion chose me (you don't choose your club, it chooses you!) in '79 and i'm a Llanelli FC st holder, lovely mun:) Support Swansea and Cardiff? Not interested!
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 9:54pm

yep i`m fromm llanelli
I was born in llanelli and raised here, The Albion chose me (you don't choose your club, it chooses you!) in '79 and i'm a Llanelli FC st holder, lovely mun:) Support Swansea and Cardiff? Not interested!

9 years old, 85 cup final, Whiteside bends the ball around Southall, ive been a United fan ever since that moment
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 10:03pm

A debenture does not give you free tickets, it gives you the right to a specific seat and priority for tickets.  Debenture holders still pay for their season ticket every year in addition to the purchase of the debenture, so anyone who was unhappy was simply illinformed to begin with.

Of course. That's what I was getting at. They should have the right to their seat as they were promised.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 2:12pm
The pre-season friendly will be played against Manchester United Reserves on Monday 8th August 2011 kick-off 7.45pm. Details on tickets sales and corporate hospitality will be released in due course.

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/3644.php
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic