Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > B&I LIONS 2021
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lions 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 424344
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 33 minutes ago at 4:09pm
I actually think Lions will nudge it. SA won the ariel battle last week and tho I think that’s often a lottery, Lions have sured up that area and will get parity - at least. 

They’re missing Faf de Klerk and PSTD who are outstanding players. 

The emotion of the Saffas last week will have been a massive high for them - it’s tough to do that 2 weeks in a row. How often do you see in the rugby championship Aus or SA beat the ABs and then get 40 points to 0 the week after. Or England in the Semi Final of the RWC, only to get humbled 7 days after arguably their best ever win. 

Missing 2 key players and an emotional drop off means I’m going Lions by 6

Edited by dyniol53 - 11 hours 27 minutes ago at 4:15pm
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 20 minutes ago at 4:22pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

I actually think Lions will nudge it. SA won the ariel battle last week and tho I think that’s often a lottery, Lions have sured up that area and will get parity - at least. 

They’re missing Faf de Klerk and PSTD who are outstanding players. 

The emotion of the Saffas last week will have been a massive high for them - it’s tough to do that 2 weeks in a row. How often do you see in the rugby championship Aus or SA beat the ABs and then get 40 points to 0 the week after. Or England in the Semi Final of the RWC, only to get humbled 7 days after arguably their best ever win. 

That Lions team are more than capable of winning it. They have to get tempo into the game; the ref will be very important in that regard. Faf and PSDT will be missed for sure. Two things I don't really understand - why no Cawdor on the bench and why Tadgh has not been allowed to show his fantastic breakdown ability. 
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 13 minutes ago at 4:29pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

That Lions team are more than capable of winning it. They have to get tempo into the game; the ref will be very important in that regard. Faf and PSDT will be missed for sure. Two things I don't really understand - why no Cawdor on the bench and why Tadgh has not been allowed to show his fantastic breakdown ability

I made a comment/question above about Beirne

Gah very frustrating but I don’t think Beirne will get a start as I just think he’s 10% less physical than Lawes/Itoje which means he doesn’t get to start. 

Do we think 60 mins from the start we would see a Bierne at his best - or would we see a Bierne out muscled a la Leinster Euro Semi Final? 

For me, I think the top top coaches like Schmidt and Gatland think his physicality might get found lacking at that top top NZ/SA level. 

Sad because I think if you build your team around him he’s one of the best in the world
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 24 minutes ago at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Sinckler is free to play.
I’m yet to see any video of what that was about. I believe it was a bite wasn’t it - those are normally clear cut. Either you did bite someone, and you’re cited and banned, or you didn’t and you’re not cited in the first place. How you can be cited but not banned for a bite I don’t know.
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 8 minutes ago at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Sinckler is free to play.
I’m yet to see any video of what that was about. I believe it was a bite wasn’t it - those are normally clear cut. Either you did bite someone, and you’re cited and banned, or you didn’t and you’re not cited in the first place. How you can be cited but not banned for a bite I don’t know.

The videos I've seen suggest that the arm came into contact with Sinkler's mouth during a tackle - there was no 'bite' as such. Certainly there was no reaction from the South African during the incident. He looks down afterwards, notices something and draws the ref's attention to marks on his arm. If it was a deliberate bite he'd have felt it at the time!
What's going on?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 424344
  Share Topic