Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Squad for Season.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 7:10am
Roberts is a very good prospect ready to step up to first team regular. Is it correct that he will be out until Xmas though which is a huge shame. I feel, with a full schedule of games this season, he could well be a bolter for France 2023. 

I am confident that Dwayne will continue to put his trust in the young players at his disposal. What about this lineup :-

15. Rogers 14. Baldwin 13. Roberts 12. James 11. Conbeer 10. Costelow 9. Hughes
1. Mathias 2. Evans 3 O'Connor 4. Morgan 5. Jac 6. Iestyn 7. Dan 8. Carwyn

16. Lewis Morgan 17. Sam O'Connor 18. Jeffries 19. Caleb Salmon 20. Luca Giannini 21. Harri Williams 22. Josh Phillips 23. Macs Page
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Big season for Baldwin need to show the undoubted talent he has. No excuses now he should be looking to be first choice. 
I agree but for me he’s a centre that can do a holding job on the wing. He needs a run of games in the number 13 jersey.

Spot on Steff. Corey & Joe should be vying for that 13 shirt. Both can do a job on the wing as they have the gas but they are natural 13's. Hope Rhys can stay clear of injury - if he does he should be the starting 10 for Wales in France. Too many appear to be writing him off at 28!!!! Costelow is a fine player but, for me, he has some of the same flaws as Jarrod namely game management & his kicking from hand is pretty average. Sort these out & he will be a top player. 

Regardless of what any of us  may think-Costelow is 1st choice outside half at the Scarlets.

You have that from Dwayne Peel I take it?????

Yes-haven't you noticed?Costelow is the man in possession.It's a fact,isn't it?Genuinely not aware of anything controversial about that statement.

Not being controversial is a new approach for the season is it Dic. It could be looked on as a little controversial as one of the players available to Dwayne was deemed good enough to tour South Africa, the other wasn't. 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 7:26am

Big season for Baldwin need to show the undoubted talent he has. No excuses now he should be looking to be first choice. 
I agree but for me he’s a centre that can do a holding job on the wing. He needs a run of games in the number 13 jersey.

Spot on Steff. Corey & Joe should be vying for that 13 shirt. Both can do a job on the wing as they have the gas but they are natural 13's. Hope Rhys can stay clear of injury - if he does he should be the starting 10 for Wales in France. Too many appear to be writing him off at 28!!!! Costelow is a fine player but, for me, he has some of the same flaws as Jarrod namely game management & his kicking from hand is pretty average. Sort these out & he will be a top player. 

Regardless of what any of us  may think-Costelow is 1st choice outside half at the Scarlets.

Yes-haven't you noticed?Costelow is the man in possession.It's a fact,isn't it?Genuinely not aware of anything controversial about that statement.

Not being controversial is a new approach for the season is it Dic. It could be looked on as a little controversial as one of the players available to Dwayne was deemed good enough to tour South Africa, the other wasn't. 

Don't see what Pivac's selection for the Welsh tour has to do with it,frankly.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 7:35am

Its all about opinions of course. I look forward to both contenders for the 10 shirt staying fit and selection being all about form. If that happens we will be in for a treat. 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 7:38am

Its all about opinions of course. I look forward to both contenders for the 10 shirt staying fit and selection being all about form. If that happens we will be in for a treat. 

We can certainly agree on that.

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 9:49am
Interesting times aheAd the likes of halfpenny foxy scott patch cawdor are all big names with big reps and i dare say big salaries there is a chance all of those could miss out on a starting spot this season, we could see a changing of the guard with the likes of hardy costello cooniber baldwin  james etc looking to nail down a first team starting slot. The back row is another interesting one sione  fifita and josh wpuld be my first choice, we seen top heavy on 6’s and light on sevens, lezana is not a 7 imo

Edited by RR1972 - 18 August 2022 at 9:50am
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 11:27am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Interesting times aheAd the likes of halfpenny foxy scott patch cawdor are all big names with big reps and i dare say big salaries there is a chance all of those could miss out on a starting spot this season, we could see a changing of the guard with the likes of hardy costello cooniber baldwin  james etc looking to nail down a first team starting slot. The back row is another interesting one sione  fifita and josh wpuld be my first choice, we seen top heavy on 6’s and light on sevens, lezana is not a 7 imo

I think I would change that to "we MUST see a changing of the guard." Nobody should be excluded purely down to their age - if the likes of Foxy, Halfepnny, Ken et al. show a good run of form that should be rewarded. However, realistically, we must see our younger players put their hands up and claim starting spots ahead of some of the older heads - within the next couple of years many of the old brigade will be retiring, and we need to know that we have their replacements at the ready.
E.g., Carwyn (who I think has bags of potential) has to prove this season he's ready to take over when Kal hangs up his boots. Elias is now surely first choice hooker, with Ken second choice - one of the likes of Evans/Hughes/Davies need to be working their socks off to push Ken off the team sheet!
And of course, with the inevitable injuries that will undoubtedly feature, they should all get their chances to prove themselves.
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 7:30pm
Is Joe Roberts indeed injured? Can’t find any info.

Wings a little light at times. Have Halfpenny and Rogers both vying for 15 along with JMac, then Conbeer and Steff out wide. Baldwin can cover wing but if Roberts is out, we need him along with Foxy at 13. I see Worcs are dealing with financial issues- would gladly take Harri Doel back!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic