Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

time to end the barbarians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

The ethos of Barbarians RFC has slowly been ebbed away by professionalism and today's game against England highlights that it is now time for the Babas to be wound up....

The barbarians was ALWAYS about different people from different countries and leagues coming together for the love of the game and playing rugby at it's core beliefs of entertainment and expansive rugby.

Today out of the 23 selected, 22 play in the TOP14. The only player not plying their trade in France is George Kruis who is playing his final rugby game after retiring.

This isn't England vs Barbarians, It's England vs top 14

It’s not as if every barbarians game is the same. 
Sponsored Links

Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Well I enjoyed the game which was shown on Amazon Prime - what isn't there to enjoy about seeing Eddie's boys getting a right good pasting!!!!!Worrying signs for Eddie that his wider squad may not be strong enough to give the depth they will need come World Cup. I agree Penaud is superb & that young 9 Garrec I think is some player. Also full back Spring is going to be a real handful. 

Shaun Edwards again proving that he can mould a team into a decent defensive unit with very little preparation mostly which consists of days on the sauce. What a horrendous decision it was to allow him to leave the Welsh set up & judging by England's total lack of defensive ability yesterday you have to wonder why he was never considered by England. 

England, Wales & Scotland heading for also rans in France next year I am afraid. Borthwick & Sinfield should be approached by the RFU ASAP, but, of course, that would take some common sense from the blazers.
Squidge Rugby recently made a video predicting that England will win the world cup. He made some convincing points, enough to convince me that it would be a mistake for England to get rid of Eddie Jones. That said I can’t see them winning the world cup in a million years. If they do someone should buy Squidge a pint as it would be one hell of a prediction!
Jake Bullet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 5:16pm

The ethos of Barbarians RFC has slowly been ebbed away by professionalism and today's game against England highlights that it is now time for the Babas to be wound up....

The barbarians was ALWAYS about different people from different countries and leagues coming together for the love of the game and playing rugby at it's core beliefs of entertainment and expansive rugby.

Today out of the 23 selected, 22 play in the TOP14. The only player not plying their trade in France is George Kruis who is playing his final rugby game after retiring.

Wasn’t the most famous barbarians game versus the all blacks in Cardiff involving a barbarians team that was made up of the British lions? With that in mind, what’s the difference?

Edited by Jake Bullet - 20 June 2022 at 5:18pm
Jake Bullet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 5:17pm
L

Edited by Jake Bullet - 20 June 2022 at 5:18pm
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

Im interested to see how NZ go over the next few months, i read the general feeling round Foster that he's not the man for the job. 3 games at home to an Ireland squad who have everything to prove with a taste of All Black blood and then 2 big games away to RSA should be tasty to watch 

That Irish tour is going to be fascinating.

The only series I’d love to see more right now is France v South Africa.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Well I enjoyed the game which was shown on Amazon Prime - what isn't there to enjoy about seeing Eddie's boys getting a right good pasting!!!!!Worrying signs for Eddie that his wider squad may not be strong enough to give the depth they will need come World Cup. I agree Penaud is superb & that young 9 Garrec I think is some player. Also full back Spring is going to be a real handful. 

Shaun Edwards again proving that he can mould a team into a decent defensive unit with very little preparation mostly which consists of days on the sauce. What a horrendous decision it was to allow him to leave the Welsh set up & judging by England's total lack of defensive ability yesterday you have to wonder why he was never considered by England. 

England, Wales & Scotland heading for also rans in France next year I am afraid. Borthwick & Sinfield should be approached by the RFU ASAP, but, of course, that would take some common sense from the blazers.
Squidge Rugby recently made a video predicting that England will win the world cup. He made some convincing points, enough to convince me that it would be a mistake for England to get rid of Eddie Jones. That said I can’t see them winning the world cup in a million years. If they do someone should buy Squidge a pint as it would be one hell of a prediction!
no chance they give too many points and there are too many good sides out there
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2022 at 12:43pm

BARBARIANS (vs Spain, Saturday)

Forwards:

Ed Byrne (Ireland, Leinster)

Scott Baldwin (Wales, Ospreys)

Charlie Faumuina (New Zealand, Toulouse)

Devin Toner (Ireland, Leinster)

Steve Mafi (Tonga, Oyonnax)

Rob Harley (Scotland, Glasgow)

James Botham (Wales, Cardiff)

Abraham Papali’i (Cannaught)

Kirby Myhill (Wales, Cardiff)

Wiehahn Herbst (Cell C Sharks)

Scott Andrews (Wales, Cardiff)

Joe Tekori (Samoa, Toulouse)

Dan Baker (Wales, Dragons)

Tom Wood (England, Northampton Saints)

Backs:

Sebastian Bezy (France, ASM Clermont)

Tim Nanai-Williams (Samoa, Toulouse)

Seabelo Senatla (DHL Stormers)

Hadleigh Parkes (Wales, Panasonic Wild Knights) – captain

Rey Lee-Lo (Samoa, Cardiff)

Adam Byrne (Ireland, Leinster)

Rhyno Smith (Benneton)

Mathis Galthie (Colomiers)

Ahsee Tuala (Samoa, Northampton Saints)

Coach:

John Mulvihill

Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2022 at 12:44pm
Go on Hadleigh el capitan!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2022 at 12:52pm
Uppa Parkes!!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2022 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

[QUOTE=salmidach]it is now time for the Babas to be wound up....

i suspect that many will have enjoyed seeing even a shadow England team getting a beating, so whatever the merits of your argument, this probably wasn't the weekend to air it!

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

BARBARIANS (vs Spain, Saturday)

Forwards:

Ed Byrne (Ireland, Leinster)

Scott Baldwin (Wales, Ospreys)

Charlie Faumuina (New Zealand, Toulouse)

Devin Toner (Ireland, Leinster)

Steve Mafi (Tonga, Oyonnax)

Rob Harley (Scotland, Glasgow)

James Botham (Wales, Cardiff)

Abraham Papali’i (Cannaught)

Kirby Myhill (Wales, Cardiff)

Wiehahn Herbst (Cell C Sharks)

Scott Andrews (Wales, Cardiff)

Joe Tekori (Samoa, Toulouse)

Dan Baker (Wales, Dragons)

Tom Wood (England, Northampton Saints)

Backs:

Sebastian Bezy (France, ASM Clermont)

Tim Nanai-Williams (Samoa, Toulouse)

Seabelo Senatla (DHL Stormers)

Hadleigh Parkes (Wales, Panasonic Wild Knights) – captain

Rey Lee-Lo (Samoa, Cardiff)

Adam Byrne (Ireland, Leinster)

Rhyno Smith (Benneton)

Mathis Galthie (Colomiers)

Ahsee Tuala (Samoa, Northampton Saints)

Coach:

John Mulvihill

now this is a barbarians team, not some pseudo French top14 side...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Jake Bullet Jake Bullet wrote:

Wasn’t the most famous barbarians game versus the all blacks in Cardiff involving a barbarians team that was made up of the British lions? With that in mind, what’s the difference?

made up of players from different leagues and countries..
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 11:43am
Parkes is captain of the ba bas trip to spain looks a great trip that

Edited by RR1972 - 23 June 2022 at 11:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic