Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Warne RIP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shane Warne RIP
    Posted: 04 March 2022 at 3:07pm
Shock news that Shane Warne has died

Legendary Australia cricketer Shane Warne, one of the greatest bowlers in history, has died at the age of 52.

Warne's management released a statement saying he had died of a suspected heart attack in Koh Samui, Thailand.

The statement read: "Shane was found unresponsive in his villa and despite the best efforts of medical staff, he could not be revived.

"The family requests privacy at this time and will provide further details in due course."

Sponsored Links

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2022 at 3:08pm
Strewth, that's a shock to hear. What a personality! And what a spinner.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2022 at 5:24pm
Shocking.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2022 at 9:34am
Absolutely shocking news. Along with Garfield Sobers Shane Warne was, for me, the greatest cricketer of my generation. Many deliveries have been described as unplayable but that ball to Gatting really was. He could have had two bats and it would still have done for him. RIP. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2022 at 11:36am
Proper legend
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2022 at 2:38pm
Shocking news at that age... totally unexpected.

A cricketing legend.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2022 at 3:29pm
Best bowler ever, super competitive but always a great sport too.. No one could read him, how he actually delivered those balls from the back of his hand still mystifies me. I think only the genius of Lara and tendulkar ever got the better of him, but only sometimes. It took lightning foot work and supreme hand eye co-ordination to get to the pitch of the ball and stop it spinning like the ball of the century 

Incredibly passionate about the great game. In 1 of his last interviews he mentioned cricket is now the 2nd most followed sport in the world , at 2.5 billion. Which delights me as I think its the best game ever invented. And this remarkable character did more than anyone to promote it to the next generations. He was also a marvellous pundit, incredibly knowledgeable, insightful , passionate and funny. As a bloke he was hugely popular, the tributes are pouring in on social media too

Edited by roy munster - 05 March 2022 at 3:36pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic