Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boris Johnson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

So Boris was allowed to stay as Prime Minister by the Tory party and he repays them by not attending a cobra meeting to plan for the unprecedented high temperatures the UK are facing.
Instead, he chose to go to chequers to plan his leaving party, this weekend was supposed to be his wedding party at chequers but he was persuaded that it wouldn’t be seen favourably by the general public if it took place.
This just shows the levels of seriousness he takes the role of PM.  He was more than happy to stand in front of us every night during the first lockdown and tell us what we needed to do (as if he was some kind of martyr) and he was the first western leader to visit President Zylenzki, when again he believed that it would score him some brownie points, deflect the gaze away from Partygate, and buy him a bit more time as PM.
Yet as soon as he’s required to attend a meeting that is of importance but not so glamorous or high profile, he’s nowhere to be seen and sees that arranging his leaving party is of more importance.
The electorate has to take a lot of the blame for electing him as a prime minister with such a big margin.  This has given him cart Blanche to degrade the office of PM, to allow standards in government to reach the gutter and to destroy all confidence in politics.

The last election was a second referendum for brexit. People voted for that not him. 
Was at a very enjoyable BBQ for about 30 with a French family and friends, many with a great rugby background.

A plumber there expressed the view that those who voted for Brexit were either ignorant, racist, too young or other things in a similar vein.

Before the ether sends emergency messages to GPR that he needs to respond, at other gatherings here, some have expressed the view that if France was given a referendum, they’d vote for Frexit because of their rebellious streak.

For me, the last election had nothing to do with Brexit. Also, if the Tories are replacing him because he’s fulfilled his usefulness (won them the last election etc and been rubbish at governing and fulfilling promises so that he is now a threat to their seats in Westminster). 

People did vote for him, someone different, who could do stand up if pushed. Now they’ve tried that option and realised how stupid they were, they’ll move on. 

He would be fine on Not the Nine O’Clock News, however, the tub of lard that represented Roy Hattersley’s nth non appearance on the show is probably due to be associated with a more up to date owner.

Nothing to do with brexit? Remember the slogan?
Sponsored Links

hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 5:41pm
  1. Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss make the final two - final two candidates for next prime minister 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 6:50pm
I thought the staged back slapping tributes to BJ in PMQ when about 50 ministers had resigned a couple of weeks back due to his dishonesty and with all that smiling and laughter was a grim indictment on politics and his arrogance in departure was appalling in general and in particular for the Tory party. 
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

I thought the staged back slapping tributes to BJ in PMQ when about 50 ministers had resigned a couple of weeks back due to his dishonesty and with all that smiling and laughter was a grim indictment on politics and his arrogance in departure was appalling in general and in particular for the Tory party. 

Pretty disgusting behaviour  in the main chamber of the mother of parliaments.  It was like last day of term at St Trinians ( or Eton perhaps) and the Speaker didn't  seem the least bit bothered by the shameless histrionics.
What the rest of the world makes of UK 2022 I dread to think.
I'm too old to do anything about it and I fear for the next generation being led by these clowns.
Keep the faith
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2022 at 9:38am
I’m not a keen fan of Lindsay Hoile.  He was appointed by this government to replace the previous speaker (John Berkou) but doesn’t seem to command the chamber in the same way (maybe BOJO and co knew this when they appointed him to the position - again another example of this Tory party trashing the establishment).
I’ve noted several times that he often takes a much firmer stance against opposition ministers in the chamber than Tory ones.  He will often have opposition ministers removed from the chamber but never Tory ones (to my recollection) and he regularly asks or demands that opposition ministers redact certain comments/statements but never BOJOs and his cronies.
I agree, yesterday’s PMQs was embarrassing, he showed no morals, his final speech was all about his achievement (no-one else got any credit), the name calling of the opposition leader was childish and embarrassing, and the back slapping and cheering by his ministers (the only ones left)was just cringeworthy. Zahawi sat next to him laughing at his jokes, slapping him on the back, yet the day after he was appointed by BOJO he asked BOJO to step aside (completely hypocritical).  It was nice to see that not all Tory MPs engaged in this behaviour.
Whilst it’s nice to think that BOJO will be gone in about 6 weeks time, it’s sad to think that we will have to put up with more back stabbing and bitching over the summer by the 2 vying for his job.  Normally politics goes quiet over the summer recess, but we’ll have to watch the 2 travelling around the country (well south east) trying to persuade party members that they are the ones to try and rebuild the party, and let’s face it faith in politics.
It will be interesting to see which way it goes - both will be tarnished with the same brush as both held high profile ministerial posts under BOJO, but at least one had the decency to step down (albeit too late), whilst the other one stayed loyal to BOJO to the bitter end.

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2022 at 10:47am

I’m not a keen fan of Lindsay Hoile.  He was appointed by this government to replace the previous speaker (John Berkou) but doesn’t seem to command the chamber in the same way (maybe BOJO and co knew this when they appointed him to the position - again another example of this Tory party trashing the establishment).
I’ve noted several times that he often takes a much firmer stance against opposition ministers in the chamber than Tory ones.  He will often have opposition ministers removed from the chamber but never Tory ones (to my recollection) and he regularly asks or demands that opposition ministers redact certain comments/statements but never BOJOs and his cronies.
I agree, yesterday’s PMQs was embarrassing, he showed no morals, his final speech was all about his achievement (no-one else got any credit), the name calling of the opposition leader was childish and embarrassing, and the back slapping and cheering by his ministers (the only ones left)was just cringeworthy. Zahawi sat next to him laughing at his jokes, slapping him on the back, yet the day after he was appointed by BOJO he asked BOJO to step aside (completely hypocritical).  It was nice to see that not all Tory MPs engaged in this behaviour.
Whilst it’s nice to think that BOJO will be gone in about 6 weeks time, it’s sad to think that we will have to put up with more back stabbing and bitching over the summer by the 2 vying for his job.  Normally politics goes quiet over the summer recess, but we’ll have to watch the 2 travelling around the country (well south east) trying to persuade party members that they are the ones to try and rebuild the party, and let’s face it faith in politics.
It will be interesting to see which way it goes - both will be tarnished with the same brush as both held high profile ministerial posts under BOJO, but at least one had the decency to step down (albeit too late), whilst the other one stayed loyal to BOJO to the bitter end.

I can't really give Rushi any credit for walking away just before the ship sank. Both were very senior cabinet members who supported Boris to the bitter end despite being well aware of the endless lies being spoken by a PM. Neither, in my honest opinion, should have been considered for the top job due to this inextricable link with a government of failure, corruption & lies. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2022 at 11:31am
A new broom would have been a good idea, however……..

I would be very interested to know what the cost is of providing former Prime Ministers with their pensions. It’s a huge amount and may not even matter how long you’ve been in position.

The Westminster Parliament’s pension scheme is completely outside the normal rules for virtually everybody else - Lifetime Allowance Limit etc. They don’t get tax relief on their contributions or are allowed any tax free cash but that’s a nano-sized price to pay for the benefits they receive.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2022 at 11:56am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I can't really give Rushi any credit for walking away just before the ship sank. Both were very senior cabinet members who supported Boris to the bitter end despite being well aware of the endless lies being spoken by a PM. Neither, in my honest opinion, should have been considered for the top job due to this inextricable link with a government of failure, corruption & lies. 

Failure, corruption, lies.

There's a three word slogan that sums them up nicely.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2022 at 12:22pm
Whoever the next leader is it’ll be the same old. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2022 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Pretty disgusting behaviour  in the main chamber of the mother of parliaments.  It was like last day of term at St Trinians ( or Eton perhaps) and the Speaker didn't  seem the least bit bothered by the shameless histrionics.
What the rest of the world makes of UK 2022 I dread to think.
I'm too old to do anything about it and I fear for the next generation being led by these clowns.

My partner runs an AirBnB in a self contained flat at the back of the house in the Swansea Valley

At the moment, the occupant, who is originally from the area, has come over from Hong Kong to visit relatives and to look for a property as he wanted to move back. He'd planned his visit some time ago. He is now seriously considering not moving back due to the current state of the UK.

When you hear about some of the things going on in HK, that is some statement.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110
  Share Topic