Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Other Sites and Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Other Sites and Info
    Posted: 01 February 2006 at 11:46pm

http://www.supporters-direct.org/

Have a look at http://www.calltoarms.co.uk  - it's the Cardiff ST website.

for newport  http://www.fonr.co.uk/

for bristol  http://www.brist.org.uk/index.php?id=9

Sponsored Links

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 12:33am

Looked on the Supporters Direct website and found the handbook.

Beleive its the same one that Phil showed us tonight

2006-02-02_003210_Trust_Handbook.pdf

and its FAQ

2006-02-02_003250_FAQ.pdf

Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 1:08pm

Good stuff Wiz - lets all have a read of the handbook over the weekend and next week start listing some actions points for a possible meeting the week after?

Nikostratos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikostratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

Good stuff Wiz - lets all have a read of the handbook over the weekend and next week start listing some actions points for a possible meeting the week after?

Sounds about right to me.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 9:38am

I think that the first paragraph of the Bristol Trust sums it up really. As was said in the meeting, we need to avoid being a clique, in the pockets of the club and being antagonistic to the club. It's going to be a tough call.

As Phil said, the constitution can just be lifted (as most have done). We need to work out how we can sell this to both the supporters and the region's management.

It was very nice to meet you all. I'm sorry I was quiet. Was not feeling 100% and I'm off sick now! Mind you, there was a lot to take in as well.

Edited by Abbey
ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 10:25am
Can I suggest we each think of a few other individuals for the next meeting. Scarletrover,philturk, pwllender, tonduturk among others who have expressed interest in getting involved. Maybe we all know of others who are not regulars on here, if so, then invite them along.
Despite not wantg 'too many cooks' as it were, at this stage I think we need a few more before moving forward.
wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 11:11am

Ok, if I remember Phill, mentioned something about sending a mail to the guys at the Bristol Rugby trust, asking them for guidance, info etc.

(I can check on the Dictaphone later what he said.)

He suggested doing it from a scarletfever.org email account, o that they can see it is a genuine enquire.

Is this something we want to do, if so does someone want to right something, post it on here and then I can send it on from the sf@scarletfever.org email account.

Taffscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taffscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 5:14pm
Wiz you sly dog - you didn't say that we were being recorded!!

Ursa - I agree with getting a few more on board. It's a tricky call between  allegations of being a clique and too many cooks. But on balance i think we should try and get a few more on board. Since Philturk did start a thread on it, and he seems to have a relevant background to this type of thing, it would be politically wise to get him on board.
Daw dydd y bydd mawr y rhai bychain

Daw dydd ni bydd mwy y rhai mawr.
wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 6:47pm

Originally posted by Taffscarlet Taffscarlet wrote:

Ursa - I agree with getting a few more on board. It's a tricky call between  allegations of being a clique and too many cooks. But on balance i think we should try and get a few more on board. Since Philturk did start a thread on it, and he seems to have a relevant background to this type of thing, it would be politically wise to get him on board.

Ah I couldn't write everything down, so I turned one on.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikostratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2006 at 1:02am
I'm slightly concerned that we don't have : a] any women in our number and b] anyone without close links to the Llanelli area.  I'm not being "PC", but the easiest way to avoid being percieved as a clique is to have as diverse a group as possible.  There was a "Judith" on the forum a while ago who was from N. Wales and may be a woman does anyone else think it might be a good idea to invite her to join at this stage? 
With [tomorrow: today now] being an international day, it might be a good opportunity to get in touch with people we don't see on a regular basis; if I see anyone who might be interested, I'll sound them out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikostratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2006 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Taffscarlet Taffscarlet wrote:

Yes, that sounds like a good idea to me, too.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2006 at 1:43pm
 Sut mae, bois. Nice to meet you all last Wednesday. I spoke to Jacqui Forster of Supporters Direct on Thursday. Very helpful and enthusiastic. She's promised me 3 hard copies of the handbook this week. I'll let you know when they arrive.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2006 at 7:01pm

Originally posted by Nikostratos Nikostratos wrote:

I'm slightly concerned that we don't have : a] any women in our number and b] anyone without close links to the Llanelli area.  I'm not being "PC", but the easiest way to avoid being percieved as a clique is to have as diverse a group as possible.  There was a "Judith" on the forum a while ago who was from N. Wales and may be a woman does anyone else think it might be a good idea to invite her to join at this stage? 
With [tomorrow: today now] being an international day, it might be a good opportunity to get in touch with people we don't see on a regular basis; if I see anyone who might be interested, I'll sound them out.

I think that's a couple of very good points. There could be a little difficulty with arranging meetings with someone from North Wales but it's an avenue that should be considered. Although it seemed that few of us were from the town of Llanelli itself, many were still fairly local or originated locally (Tumble, Ammanford, Llandovery?).

Do we know any regular that has a useful profession (lawyer or accountant)? I'm not saying that they should be on a busman's holiday but may be able to offer sound advice. Sorry, I don't think my science degrees offer any assistance there!

ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2006 at 10:46pm
Judith was the Wrecsam/North Wales contact for the Supporters Club in the first year of the region.She handed the position over to James Manuel (wrecsamscarlet) when she had a baby I think. James subsequently moved to Llanelli. I could always ask her how she feels about getting involved with a supporters trust, though as Abbey mentions, the distance might be a problem.

Another Judith 'misscarlet' is Carmarthen based and was willing to get involved with the Carmarthen branch of the SC. I think she might be a keen contributor.

Ideally we do need professional people with some legal knowledge on board.

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2006 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by wizard wizard wrote:

Ok, if I remember Phill, mentioned something about sending a mail to the guys at the Bristol Rugby trust, asking them for guidance, info etc.

(I can check on the Dictaphone later what he said.)

He suggested doing it from a scarletfever.org email account, o that they can see it is a genuine enquire.

Is this something we want to do, if so does someone want to right something, post it on here and then I can send it on from the sf@scarletfever.org email account.

Ok Bob sent me a letter this(last) weekend, I have now sent that on to the Bristol guys. will let you know of any response.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikostratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 1:04am
Originally posted by ursamajor ursamajor wrote:

Judith was the Wrecsam/North Wales contact for the Supporters Club in the first year of the region.She handed the position over to James Manuel (wrecsamscarlet) when she had a baby I think. James subsequently moved to Llanelli. I could always ask her how she feels about getting involved with a supporters trust, though as Abbey mentions, the distance might be a problem.

Another Judith 'misscarlet' is Carmarthen based and was willing to get involved with the Carmarthen branch of the SC. I think she might be a keen contributor.

Ideally we do need professional people with some legal knowledge on board.

I can see the point about distance being a problem.  It may be an idea to consider the implications of this at a meeting [not necessarily the next one] and see if we can come up with a solution or a position on participation of the wider Scarlets region at this stage of the Trust's development. Judith "Missscarlet" sounds like a good idea, Gar; could you contact her and see what she thinks?  Judith "North Wales" may not work out, so I suggest we hold off there for now.

I also agree that we need/could do with legal expertise etc.  If anyone has any suggestions here, that would be a good point for the next meeting to consider.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic