Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Supertaf’s Ebbw Vale report

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supertaf’s Ebbw Vale report
    Posted: 18 September 2004 at 7:13pm

Started promisingly but soon returned to our usual problems of missed tackles and missed chances. Poor turnout from our lot and very vocal Ebbw support, they make us look 2 eyed though !!

Awful refereeing by both original ref who pulled a muscle and the replacement both of whom seemed swayed by the crowd far too easily.

Lost possession in the tackle still haunts us but our main problem is not looking for support. Too many players GQ leading the way, seem convinced that they can charge through anything. Heres the truth though, they can't ! On occasions we had a try on a plate but no one would spread the ball. All that then happened was the player was penalised for holding on.

COACHES PLEASE READ AND ACTION THIS POINT - PASS BEFORE CONTACT INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR IT !!!

Very few pluses, nice early try by Tomas early on at a time when we looked capable of running them off the park. Apart from that I am struggling to be positive. No disrespect to Ebbw but they are very ordinary and won't win many other games this season.

A defeat at EXP - nothing changes !

Dreadful weekend

Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sponsored Links

bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 7:17pm
many thanks for the report.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

Pan handle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"These gloves are sh*t, man."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pan handle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 7:19pm
I'd agree with that report, lovely burgers and baps too
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 7:28pm
normally are in ebbw.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 8:34pm
Tidy burgers and huge burger baps

Edited by wizard
scarletchick View Drop Down
HUA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 8:36pm

And so say all of us!!!!

bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 9:23pm

Originally posted by Scarletmafia Scarletmafia wrote:

Tidy burgers and huge burger baps
are you quite sure you mean that.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit :- I think it was a typo or he spent too much time kicking a rugby ball and not enough time practising his spelling , I have now corrected it.

Edited by wizard
stradeyscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 10:43pm
They were massive. Can't wait to taste LLandovery's on Saturday as I've heard so much about them.
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 10:45pm
wizard you are a spoilsport.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 10:47pm
Can someone pm me to let me know what he actually spelt - although I can hazard a guess!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 10:09pm
Have to add my favourite part of the game yesterday, was when the ref went off injured, and Dai Richards went as a linesman and got booed by the Ebbw Supporters for giving Llanelli more ground when the ball went into touch. The guy's a star!!!!!
Gemma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 9:27pm
I'm gutted I missed it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic