FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Ospreys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Team for Ospreys
    Posted: 16 September 2022 at 4:21pm
I’ve definitely gotten over eager myself at times. Hard when we care about the team so much, but I’ve tried less of singling out players when frustrated. It’s no benefit to [beep] them off. I support the scarlets and the players 1-23 and beyond. There’s a lot of negativity in the world so I’m just trying to do my bit to offset it and maybe think a little more positively.

Excited for the season! What a spot to be in where we can debate who should start at lock now. Quite a few great candidates there now. 
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 4:00pm
Agreed, Tony.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Just seem on line tupric starting and captain for osprets

I wonder if that means he'll be playing with Jac or in place of him.

Interesting dilemma to have - two high quality 7's. Ospreys M/O appears to be heavy reliance on forward power to batter teams like us into submission. That would suggest selecting a 6 like Griffiths to compete at lineout etc. May be Tips/Jac to play 8???

Either way we need to get Josh back to his previous best ASAP as if Jac plays we don't have anyone else able to compete on the floor. Lezana has impressed Dwayne with his all round game but on the floor he is average. Our overall defensive performance would really benefit from having someone like Reffell dogging it out at every breakdown. Concede quick ball and even the Ospreys, not renowned for cutting people apart, could cause us problems.

I wonder if we will see Fiftia at six given Shingler is out.

Considering Jac Price is not available I fully expect to see Fifita used mainly as a 2nd row. If Jac continues to develop at the pace he did last season when he gets back then we may see Fifita at 6 in the play offs later on. Think Blade at 6 for tomorrow which will give us some good lineout options. 

Of course, I need another coffee - completely omitted Blade there.

We're all suffering from pre season nerves & expectations. Thinking about our friend Will Chips who was always on tenterhooks before the first game. I am off with my springers to the forest shortly to clear my mind before team announcement & predictions. 
Hopefully Wil comes back. I think the end of season negativity got a bit nuts and don’t blame him for taking a break. Would be nice to see him back on here.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 9:00am

Interesting dilemma to have - two high quality 7's. Ospreys M/O appears to be heavy reliance on forward power to batter teams like us into submission. That would suggest selecting a 6 like Griffiths to compete at lineout etc. May be Tips/Jac to play 8???

Either way we need to get Josh back to his previous best ASAP as if Jac plays we don't have anyone else able to compete on the floor. Lezana has impressed Dwayne with his all round game but on the floor he is average. Our overall defensive performance would really benefit from having someone like Reffell dogging it out at every breakdown. Concede quick ball and even the Ospreys, not renowned for cutting people apart, could cause us problems.

Considering Jac Price is not available I fully expect to see Fifita used mainly as a 2nd row. If Jac continues to develop at the pace he did last season when he gets back then we may see Fifita at 6 in the play offs later on. Think Blade at 6 for tomorrow which will give us some good lineout options. 

We're all suffering from pre season nerves & expectations. Thinking about our friend Will Chips who was always on tenterhooks before the first game. I am off with my springers to the forest shortly to clear my mind before team announcement & predictions. 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 8:58am

Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

I am really excited for the team announcement today for some reason. 

I 'm the same.On pins.Maybe last week's cancellation played a part,but am counting down the minutes here.

Dic could I respectfully suggest that you take a couple of valium before 1200 hours as I have been reliably informed that Foxy ( AKA Gatsby) will start at 13 & captain the team. There is also a strong rumour, no more, that Rhys Patchell will play!!!!!

There's always hope,GPR,always hope-it's what makes us human.
Unfortunately any sober analysis willl confirm that today's selections will reveal the ongoing conspiracy to keep the Welsh game boring.You can talk abot k.o times,excessive prices and the cost of living,but one of the reasons that rugby people will stay away tomorrow is that they know it's boring-like anything else that you've seen time and time again before.Who would pay to watch "The Great Escape" in the cinema?
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 8:50am

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 8:49am

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 8:46am

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

I 'm the same.On pins.Maybe last week's cancellation played a part,but am counting down the minutes here.

Dic could I respectfully suggest that you take a couple of valium before 1200 hours as I have been reliably informed that Foxy ( AKA Gatsby) will start at 13 & captain the team. There is also a strong rumour, no more, that Rhys Patchell will play!!!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 8:35am

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 8:32am

morgan tupric and morris is a small back tow but ut’s v mobile and good at breakdown a real clash of styles

Edited by RR1972 - 16 September 2022 at 8:36am
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 8:24am

Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 8:09am

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 6:41am
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2022 at 9:40pm

Saw Toby Booth's interview, a few of there Internationals back and some missing. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2022 at 9:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic