Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New WRU payment deal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New WRU payment deal
    Posted: 04 September 2022 at 1:09pm
Details here of a new deal which will be tabled to the pro sides this week from WRU. Comes with a demand that benefactors return 

I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 1:21pm
Interesting any exact figures for each region?
sospanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sospanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Details here of a new deal which will be tabled to the pro sides this week from WRU. Comes with a demand that benefactors return 

A very informative piece highlighting the limited vision and incompetence of the WRU. It is tantamount to saying "we will give you back some of your hard earned money, but as a loan." Bewildering state of affairs from a business perspective! Many of us have been calling for a long time for the regions to break free from the shackles of the WRU which only serve to fetter progress and restrict development of the professional game in Wales.

Ymlaen Llanelli Scarlets
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 2:49pm
Proper journalism.
Liked the article on Fifita,too.Interesting to read Smith's remarks on Franks.He's quietly going about his business here,and I think the improvements have been plain.The forwards were very impressive on Friday,playing as a pack.I think Smith is spot on and Franks will be a successful coach.I only hope we can get things right behind the scrum asap,so we can get some success while Franks is still here.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 3:37pm
The WRU are a disgrace amateurish and just thick selfish self serving little men, who are only concerned in staying on the overcrowded gravy train.

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 3:49pm
Withhold players. Rip up agreements. Get lawyers in. Do anything possible to get change at the worst run Union in the game.

Steve Phillips wants 1 or 2 of our independent rugby teams gone. This is an attempt at putting us out of business the sly way. They need to be called out and Muderack needs to show backbone like Short and Gallacher did in the past.
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 3:49pm
The WRU is run by clowns who only want a slice of the pie. They couldn’t care less about the regions as long as the money keeps rolling in. Private ownership with benefactors is what welsh rugby needs.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Withhold players. Rip up agreements. Get lawyers in. Do anything possible to get change at the worst run Union in the game.

Steve Phillips wants 1 or 2 of our independent rugby teams gone. This is an attempt at putting us out of business the sly way. They need to be called out and Muderack needs to show backbone like Short and Gallacher did in the past.

Hear,hear!
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 4:29pm
The WRU is not fit for purpose, and seem intent on limiting the viability of the pro game.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 4:45pm
Could we mount a legal challenge over the CVC money? It's possible I guess.

My gut feeling, which is pure guesswork fed slightly by a few titbits I heard, is that we think we can ride this out, while others might not survive, and that's an outcome that would suit us

Edited by Wasp - 04 September 2022 at 4:50pm
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 4:46pm
With the sale of Welsh URC shares meaning that it was the pro clubs income being reduced, sold, how on earth is it in any way proper governance for the pro clubs not to get all the capital involved in the sale of their own asset????

The stuff of Disney at the WRU. It’s as Mickey Mouse as you can get.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Could we mount a legal challenge over the CVC money? It's possible I guess.

My gut feeling, which is pure guesswork fed slightly by a few titbits I heard, is that we think we can ride this out, while others might not survive

That doesn't make it right. And doesn't sit well at all. Our own Union is trying to kill us. If we survived but Ospreys didn't because of this policy, and the debt being forced on us all, I think I would be done with the game.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

With the sale of Welsh URC shares meaning that it was the pro clubs income being reduced, sold, how on earth is it in any way proper governance for the pro clubs not to get all the capital involved in the sale of their own asset????

All of the pro clubs failed dismally when signing up to project reset. They took on a huge increase in risk with no related increase in control.

This crap will continue as long as they have no shareholding in the competitions they play in.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

All of the pro clubs failed dismally when signing up to project reset. They took on a huge increase in risk with no related increase in control.

This crap will continue as long as they have no shareholding in the competitions they play in.
Did Project Reset hand over our competition income? If not, it was still the pro clubs assets that were sold.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 7:05pm
So basically speaking: We will loan you some if your own money which you will have to pay back. But we (WRU) will manage the money but if we mess it up, you (the regions) take the hit!

Looks to me as though the WRU are taking advantage of the post COVID financial problems the region have, to drive some major changes in the professional game which they know the regions wont like. It will be interesting to see how the regions take this, I guess it depends how much trouble the regions are already in?
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 8:54pm
Does this really surprise anyone?? Shocking by WRU, and the regions need to show more balls by saying that they wont release their internationals outside the IRB window
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic