Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We're so poor at marketing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2022 at 10:13am
Strangely, a number of standing tickets have gone back available on sale this morning. Must be returns or tickets that were being held back. Tickets sale situation is even worse than I thought.

Wish I had an easy answer but I feel its gone beyond poor marketing now. 

Maybe we should look at something like ST holders bringing a friend for a quid, or an offer of that nature. Only a short term fix and wouldn’t help the balance sheet, but it would look better than a 4/5k attendance for our supposed biggest game of the season. If Scarlets put on a good performance it may at least get people engaged for the rest of the season and entice people back.

Edited by hartson11 - 30 August 2022 at 1:55pm
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2022 at 2:24pm
I understand that Scarlets have not sent any tickets over the Loughor yet. If they are as tardy as some of our fans seem to be in buying tickets then the sooner they go over the better and to help build momentum on a big derby game!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2022 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

The usual excuses of expensive tickets and rubbish kick off times have well and truly been put to bed. There’ll always be some kind of excuse for people not going though. 
You still live just a hop skip and a jump from the parc?you have no idea why people aren't going to games so change the ****** record as you are becoming one of the biggest trolls on the forum.

I appreciate people live all over west wales but for this season the kick off times are ideal compared to other seasons. People’s main grudge is Friday games and late Saturday kick offs. Most this year are tidy Saturday times. 

No trolling just stating a fact which people seem afraid to avoid at times. 

Edited by SA14 - 30 August 2022 at 4:23pm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2022 at 9:03pm
Just received an email at 20:52 from the Scarlets, which had everything I needed to know ahead of the friendly against Bristol tonight. It included kick off times, a link to buy tickets & what time the gates open. 

Seriously!!!
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2022 at 9:05pm
With all due respect, that email could have been sent yesterday but not delivered until now. It happens.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2022 at 9:08pm
Did everyone else receive the email now?
Kentexile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2022 at 9:17pm
Yes at 20.52 today
ynysddurfc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ynysddurfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2022 at 9:31pm
Nothing on the next fixtures sign as you drive into Llanelli from the M4 to promote tonight's game or any upcoming games. Poor basic marketing which is free.
Brainfart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2022 at 8:38pm
Perhaps Scarlets should take a leaf out of Cardiff's book. They've a billboard featuring Sanjay and Taloupie near the Brynglas tunnels in Newport. Welcoming everyone to Wales. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2022 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Brainfart Brainfart wrote:

Perhaps Scarlets should take a leaf out of Cardiff's book. They've a billboard featuring Sanjay and Taloupie near the Brynglas tunnels in Newport. Welcoming everyone to Wales. 
Plenty of slow moving traffic to notice that.

We don’t have the same bottleneck with captive audience.

Is it a traditional billboard or an electronic one and what is the message? 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2022 at 8:51pm

Very apt....Croeso i Gymru,lle mae'r Saes yn dod i farw,
A mae chwaraewyr rygbi'n dod i ymddeol.

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 03 September 2022 at 8:56pm
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2022 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

A mae chwaraewyr rygbi yn dod i ymddeol.
Wit writ large.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2022 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

A mae chwaraewyr rygbi yn dod i ymddeol.
Wit writ large.

Sadly the first roundabout just over the Loughor bridge is an abysmal scruffy mess - embarrassing welcome to Carmarthenshire and Llanelli. The Scarlets posts roundabout has at least seen the old Stradey posts repainted ( I was involved in facilitating this ) as  it was a mess- but again the rough mowing of the grass around the posts is very poor and that job is a Carmarthenshire County Council job. Very poor support for a major sporting entity in West Wales . Inept 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2022 at 9:36pm
I liked the new scoreboards and the advertising of matches on the sideboards. 
Brainfart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 12:03am
[/QUOTE]
Here we go, made me giggle. 
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2022 at 8:36am

Here we go, made me giggle. 
[/QUOTE]Thanks for that.

I recall the building. Niche Independent Financial Advisers, I believe occupy it and I’d have thought they’d not be pleased about having their own brand name covered up. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic