Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We're so poor at marketing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2022 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by pillory pillory wrote:

Because Ospreys is game #1, the fixture loses any sort of in-season marketing advantage Scarlets would otherwise have had:

Eg.
- TV and media promotion (noting the fixture date, providing build-up).
- In-stadium promotion.
- Success from any winning streak / tangible chance at winning silverware.
- Perception this fixture would otherwise be festive.

They'll virtually have to move the bums to seats themselves. It will be a test of how well they are able to leverage their CRM, social media etc.

Aug 19 newsletter hits the right bases:
- Ticking clock on price reduction
- Atmosphere
- Supporters' village
- Meet the players
- Fifita
- New kit

Don’t agree with that sorry. Ospreys SHOULD be a sell out or near sellout whenever it’s played or whoever the team are. Unfortunately it isn’t. The irony of people who complained at no crowds during covid. 
The marketing for this game is almost non-existent unfortunately. I expect the club will cite a lack of ££ and personnel to do any more, but it's pretty dire. A few infrequent posts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter just won't do these days.

To be fair, none of the Welsh teams, including the WRU are any better. But there's an opportunity here for us to steal a march on the competition. With the right expertise, £10k can go a long way in digital marketing.

I've occasionally used targeted Facebook ads in work, and because I am trying to fill 10-20 spaces, I rarely spend more than £10. The effect is usually instantly noticeable. (It's a bit of a dilemma because I think FB is the root of a lot of evil in the world Confused)

But if they were to get someone self-employed with expertise in for a short term deal I think they would be shocked how effective it can be. They've already cut the prices, but I doubt many people will realise that unless they were about to book.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2022 at 1:11pm
For Example. 
Scarlets tweeted 6 times on Friday, and nothing since.
Only one of those tweets was about the game. The others were, understandably, about the kit.

No one on social media duty on the weekend? You can schedule auto posts!!

They should be tweeting 20-30 times per day on each subject. With different graphics and wording. The chances of seeing a single tweet even from someone you follow are quite small.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2022 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

For Example. 
Only one of those tweets was about the game. The others were, understandably, about the kit.

They should be tweeting 20-30 times per day on each subject. With different graphics and wording. The chances of seeing a single tweet even from someone you follow are quite small.

Your right 👍 All they need is a sensible young person to keep the SM going like Dan Inkin did for us at the RFC ( still does it in fact but he’s now working full time in the family business) 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2022 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

For Example. 

Your right 👍 All they need is a sensible young person to keep the SM going like Dan Inkin did for us at the RFC ( still does it in fact but he’s now working full time in the family business) 
Respectfully disagree Dai. They're a £12m business, that needs to be £13m business. They need to invest in a proper strategy. Analyse results etc. I reckon they could put 1000 on the average gate, which is 11,000 tickets, which is probably £100k in revenue including match day spend. 

Also, if we get bigger, noisier crowds we look more attractive as an entertainment event. It generates positivity and will undoubtedly fuel other things like sponsorship.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2022 at 2:08pm

For Example. 

If they tweeted that amount of times I’d block them. 😂
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2022 at 2:28pm

For Example. 

If they tweeted that amount of times I’d block them. 😂
Haha! Quite!
I don't think you'd see many of them unless you were on twitter all day though.
Twitter isn't the best example, and it's promoted, micro-targeted tweets that they should use (probably more effective on FB), so they show up on people's timelines who don't follow them.

You can target by postcode, by interest, by age, gender, all sorts of stuff. I did something like 7 days of targeted advertising on FB for £10. I was projected a reach of 200,000 people and I was looking to get 10 takers for this particular campaign.

Edited by Wasp - 28 August 2022 at 2:31pm
Kentexile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2022 at 5:10pm
I have had a load of messages via a range of platforms and would go but clashes with my next cancer treatment which is my only excuse looking forward to getting the all clear to go to the Treviso game
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2022 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Kentexile Kentexile wrote:

I have had a load of messages via a range of platforms and would go but clashes with my next cancer treatment which is my only excuse looking forward to getting the all clear to go to the Treviso game
Wishing you all the very best of luck.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2022 at 1:11am

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

For Example. 

Respectfully disagree Dai. They're a £12m business, that needs to be £13m business. They need to invest in a proper strategy. Analyse results etc. I reckon they could put 1000 on the average gate, which is 11,000 tickets, which is probably £100k in revenue including match day spend. 

Also, if we get bigger, noisier crowds we look more attractive as an entertainment event. It generates positivity and will undoubtedly fuel other things like sponsorship.
Yes I don’t see my rustic comments as a panacea but just about us at least doing something all the time to push the club . We should be a lot more professional at it but seem to get so many changes in staff we have no build up or continuity. You would have thought that a stronger marketing/ media strategy might even be something to work together on within the PRB 4 regions to learn off each in maximising customer hits  
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2022 at 1:46pm
I've been keeping an eye on the seat map, seems we've sold roughly 75 tickets for the Ospreys game in the last 7 days. Deeply worrying.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2022 at 2:14pm
Are the welsh test players going to be avialble for selectoon?  Lack of communication is a problem in welsh rugby from top to bottom
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2022 at 3:19pm
Don’t think the players that toured this Summer have done much club training yet. I’d be pleasantly surprised if they were included for the Os game. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2022 at 4:47pm
The usual excuses of expensive tickets and rubbish kick off times have well and truly been put to bed. There’ll always be some kind of excuse for people not going though. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2022 at 5:45pm
Perhaps reading Wales online and various Osprey social media people don’t think it’s worth turning up. They are going to be world beaters this season apparently. 

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Kentexile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2022 at 5:58pm
Thank you EO appreciated - haven’t booked my flights to Italy yet but fingers crossed!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2022 at 8:20pm

The usual excuses of expensive tickets and rubbish kick off times have well and truly been put to bed. There’ll always be some kind of excuse for people not going though. 
You still live just a hop skip and a jump from the parc?you have no idea why people aren't going to games so change the ****** record as you are becoming one of the biggest trolls on the forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic