FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We're so poor at marketing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
philturk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philturk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We're so poor at marketing
    Posted: 12 January 2023 at 8:02am
He probably feels like he's 53, he's been waiting long enough for his chance
Sponsored Links

pillory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pillory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2023 at 7:58am
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2023 at 2:34pm
Also according to our website our first game of the season was Benetton on the 1st October....

Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2023 at 1:27am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

It's not much of a dependable repository of data you are right...we've got guys in both the Academy and the main squad pages ( no profiles when on the Academy page...simple copy and paste really).
Lewis Rawlins has disappeared from the players page too.
It’s the same for most clubs. Cardiff and Ospreys don’t have much of an archive either. Just a few years back they all had a very similar database/archive which was super helpful. Now there’s matches I can’t get reports on, etc. I pull data now from Itsrugby but it isn’t 100%.

It’s a shame, there used to be very handy features and stats, and it’s all been left behind in the search for clean mobile friendly websites.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2023 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

How many of you knew there has been a pint and a ticket offer running for the Cheetahs game for the last few weeks and kids for a quid on the same game. 

I did SA14...it was posted on social media....think its great idea and unfortunately I'm driving...but still excellent. 

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2023 at 9:14pm

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

How many of you knew there has been a pint and a ticket offer running for the Cheetahs game for the last few weeks and kids for a quid on the same game. 
I do.

Found out a week or so ago, no more than 2 weeks prob.

You?

I saw it by complete accident. Nothing on social media until this week. 
Been busy moderating, I guess.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2023 at 8:52pm

I do.

You?

Wow , thanks for the info Wink
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2023 at 8:27pm

I do.

You?

I saw it by complete accident. Nothing on social media until this week. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2023 at 8:26pm

I do.

You?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2023 at 8:25pm
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2023 at 3:32pm
It's not much of a dependable repository of data you are right...we've got guys in both the Academy and the main squad pages ( no profiles when on the Academy page...simple copy and paste really).
Lewis Rawlins has disappeared from the players page too.
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2023 at 2:52pm
Our player profile section is terrible. It used to be quite comprehensive, every player in the archive, and lists of matches they played, with links to the match report. All that’s long gone now. The match list they have is often incomplete.

Noticed this for all welsh clubs, bar Dragons. Nobody keeps an accurate archive anymore.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2023 at 2:18pm
Is it really hard for us to have a decent functioning website? Was just having a look at a couple of players on there & thought I'd view by position. When I click the Position Filter button, you get a mix of positions but you have PROP & prop - ok maybe one is all tight heads & the other all loose heads but no, Samson Lee is in with the LH's. Same issue with "SECOND ROW" click that option & you get Griff Evans, click the "Second Row" option & you get "Tom Price", click "Lock" & you get Jac Price, Morgan Jones & Sam Lousi. It's not a huge issue but just doesn't present nicely.

Also if I want to have a look at the results historically, no matter what year I click on it brings up the results for the current season. 

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

I feel your right big j ... we have seen people queueing to see an empty box all week, if people want to come down y Park they will.... but if they don't thats OK as its personal choice.... hopefully with success people will feel the effort is worth while... but its a symbiosis of supporter and team
I think we have a lot of work to persuade people we're worth the time, effort and cost after 3.5 seasons of dreadfully underperforming relative to our resources.

We really need some "feel good" wins.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

In October 2018 we got 12,012
In May 2017 we got 13,256.
You have to go back to 2005 for the last time we got less than 10k.

You have to factor in that Ospreys home support fell off a cliff recently. Their home average last season was 5972, which has been declining year on year since 2015. The days of them bringing 5000 away fans are long gone.

Thanks Wasp, quite a decline in attendance on previous Osprey derby games. Do you think the reduction is due to reduced Osprey traveling support, the game being the opening fixture with little to no build up, current cost of living, or may be a combination of factors?

For me, having this game as the season opener, with no opportunity to build support and enthusiasm in the lead up, must be a factor.
Cost of living
Ospreys have much less support than they used to
We have less support than we used to.
Both us and them are poorer performing teams than we were 5 yrs ago
Loads. As Steff says, crowds are down in England and Wales. People are losing interest and/ or feeling the pinch.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 8:48pm
I feel your right big j ... we have seen people queueing to see an empty box all week, if people want to come down y Park they will.... but if they don't thats OK as its personal choice.... hopefully with success people will feel the effort is worth while... but its a symbiosis of supporter and team
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic