Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next Conservative leader

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 63>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2022 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

And did Truss actually say that Brexit had caused no disruption? 

Even Rees-Mogg admitted he can sometimes acknowledge reality.

I just don't really understand why they aren't held to account for their blatant lying. I hoped it would end with Johnson but how naive I was and we are now looking at the realistic possibility of someone just as bad.

Their whole Thatcher-worshipping cult is just weird and I also look forward to their next wave of imagined enemies who they steer everyone to blame for their own failings. The EU, the French, the poor, the woke, intellectuals (I can see why they dislike these in particular), the Russians, the Chinese... 

Its not about reality in general Dr M its all about their current reality. Currently it satisfies both candidates to appeal to the grass roots members who Margaret Thatcher remains by a very long way the most popular leader since the war. The blue rinse, Kent brigade as I "lovingly" refer to them. 
Sponsored Links

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2022 at 11:12pm
Truss tonight claims that a recession isn’t a forgone conclusion, she must have some amazing plan up her sleeve if she thinks that the Bank of England’s prediction can be proven wrong.
Nearly every other nation in the world is claiming that they are heading into a recession but it’s not inevitable that Britain is according to good old Liz Truss.
The Bank of England raised interest rates yesterday, and that will affect people who have mortgages and are already struggling with paying for their energy and heating.
I really feel for the younger generation who are maybe trying to move onto the property ladder or have just taken that leap in the past 12 months or so.  As things stand, we could be heading back to the eighties when people were just about able to pay off the interest of the borrowing let alone pay off the money borrowed.  I see lots of repossessions over the next 12  months or so as people really struggle.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 12:08am
Honestly think Truss might be the last Tory PM 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 7:36am
I’d take that as a side effect of the past 12 years of austerity and underinvestment in anything that benefits anyone other than the wealthy, and 18 months of sleaze and corruption under BOJO.
Unfortunately though, having the Tories in power for another 2 years can cause the country a huge amount of hurt (financially).
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Truss tonight claims that a recession isn’t a forgone conclusion, she must have some amazing plan up her sleeve if she thinks that the Bank of England’s prediction can be proven wrong.
Nearly every other nation in the world is claiming that they are heading into a recession but it’s not inevitable that Britain is according to good old Liz Truss.
The Bank of England raised interest rates yesterday, and that will affect people who have mortgages and are already struggling with paying for their energy and heating.
I really feel for the younger generation who are maybe trying to move onto the property ladder or have just taken that leap in the past 12 months or so.  As things stand, we could be heading back to the eighties when people were just about able to pay off the interest of the borrowing let alone pay off the money borrowed.  I see lots of repossessions over the next 12  months or so as people really struggle.

They're just so uncaring. Their route to power is to whip up fear and anger and put enough low income people off voting in the first place. With backing from the Mail and Sun able to cast opposition in the worst light and also skim over their own lies, hypocrisy and corruption. Things do change but the understandable attitude of "they're all the same" or "there's no point in voting" and public apathy is exactly what they want and have likely actively fostered.

I'd never heard the phrase gaslighting until Johnson's Government which says something. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 10:58am
Thought sunak spoke sense truss is worse than bojo a feat in it”s selfWink

Edited by RR1972 - 05 August 2022 at 10:59am
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 11:57am
Odd to see honesty from a Tory, but here is Sunak admitting that the Tories moved money from poorer areas to richer (Tory voting) areas. Unbelievable that he actually thought it a good thing to say in front of cameras. If Labour can’t make an attack ad from this, then they’re more incompetent than I thought!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 7:02pm
Starmer found to have broken the MP code of conduct 8 times. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Which makes him a saint in comparison to the Tories
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Which makes him a saint in comparison to the Tories
that”s ok thenWink
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Odd to see honesty from a Tory, but here is Sunak admitting that the Tories moved money from poorer areas to richer (Tory voting) areas. Unbelievable that he actually thought it a good thing to say in front of cameras. If Labour can’t make an attack ad from this, then they’re more incompetent than I thought!
genuine q why should urban areas in city’s like london , machester etc with huge resources 
 and employment options get more funding than places like pontyberem?? It’s shocking how cardiff centruc the wa is tbh. We should all get a fair share not just urban city centres

Edited by RR1972 - 05 August 2022 at 11:07pm
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2022 at 10:35am
Hows the welsh economy looking ? Is the WAG still running our only airport into the ground?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2022 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

genuine q why should urban areas in city’s like london , machester etc with huge resources 
 and employment options get more funding than places like pontyberem?? It’s shocking how cardiff centruc the wa is tbh. We should all get a fair share not just urban city centres
The key word in what Sunak said was “deprived urban areas”. There clearly is a lot of wealth in cities, but some parts of inner city London have the highest level of child poverty anywhere in the country. Had Sunak said he was taking money from ‘wealthy urban areas’ to poorer towns / rural areas then that would be fair enough - and should be encouraged. But that isn’t what he said. He said he was moving money from deprived urban areas to “areas like this” - referring to a wealthy constituency in the shires. That, in my opinion, is despicable. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2022 at 9:32pm
Not many votes for the Tories in deprived urban areas like!!!! 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2022 at 6:16pm
So Liz Truss is now saying that on top of un-funded tax cuts she isn’t ruling out more social funding support to help the most financially disadvantaged.  This woman changes her mind and her PM candidacy manifesto on a daily basis, even Kay Burley asked her for the real Liz Truss to please stand up - as she is known for u- turning on nearly every political decision she makes.
That is a big concern going forward, if she can change direction so quickly then she could do the same as soon as she is elected (if she is successful).
She will promise just about anything to gain the support of the 150k members of the Tory party, who have the power to unleash her on us all.
As it has already been mentioned, she is like BOJO reincarnated, promise the earth and deliver very little.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2022 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

As it has already been mentioned, she is like BOJO reincarnated, promise the earth and deliver very little.

Literally a pound shop Boris. Likes a photo op, will wave the flag and shout “believe in Britain” and then completely fudge it when any difficult decisions need making.

At least Boris Johnson could crack a joke. Her idea of charisma is dressing up in a Thatcher costume.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 63>
  Share Topic