Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets side to face the Stormers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 5:08pm
Ospreys also have Whitehouse on the wing 😂😂
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Sponsored Links

scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Scrletsfan32x Scrletsfan32x wrote:

I’m really worried there’s another 50 pointer coming our way. Our front 5 in particular looks really weak. Why peel has picked Tom Price instead of Jones I’ll never know. He offers absolutely nothing to the team.

Still not replaced the Jake Ball sized lock and we shall be underpowered in the league and Europe until we sort the pack out imo

Correct about Jake, and this seems to have gone under the radar"!! He's sorely missed !
 Together with wyn, ken, ryan, sam and blade... missing, you cannot go in to games like this , with physical opponents like the boks, so underpowered!
We still need to look for a physical second row, and a tight head, as Samson misses more games than he plays.
Its been a car crash of a season, and to been honest, I am glad its coming to an end.
Lets hope many of the injuries clear up by September, as at least we can compete on a level playing field.

To be honest, we don't merit playing in the champions cup ATM. The other competition is
also packed with decent sides, and would give Dwaine more time to build, and re-shape squad
I stood yer on tanner bank
Mr Lee91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lee91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Scrletsfan32x Scrletsfan32x wrote:

I’m really worried there’s another 50 pointer coming our way. Our front 5 in particular looks really weak. Why peel has picked Tom Price instead of Jones I’ll never know. He offers absolutely nothing to the team.

I share your concern.Ouch

Choose any two from three,  hobson's choice really.
How many of those three would get in the other welsh regions starting pack?
One thing is certain, they will do their best.

Fair question. I think of those 3 both Jac & Morgan would get the 3rd spot for Cardiff & thats about it. More great exposure for them going in to next season. 
Looking at the locks for this weekend only AWJ, Beard and Seb Davies are better right now.
As long as you win it once, you'll never be forgotten
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:03pm
Challenge cup it is then, that’s what happens when you keep signing mediocre players and keep giving those mediocre players along with the constantly injured players new contracts.
joni_bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:05pm
So unless we get at least 3 points tomorrow, the Whitehouse decisions in the Dragons game have put us in the Challenge Cup. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by joni_bach joni_bach wrote:

So unless we get at least 3 points tomorrow, the Whitehouse decisions in the Dragons game have put us in the Challenge Cup. 
yeah the other games had nothing to do with itWink
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:11pm

That may be true, but regardless of what happens tomorrow we’ve been poor the majority of the season. 
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:15pm
If that happens we deserve it. 
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:18pm

We put ourselves in the Challenge Cup by not properly replacing international calibre players like Ball but instead signing mediocre players and hoping they come good. Add to the fact that we keep giving new contracts to absolutely anyone and everyone says a lot. Maybe a few years in the challenge cup is what we need, at least until the contracts of these mediocre players are up and then we can finally part ways. The lack of incomings this summer says a lot, especially when we the other regions are strengthening says a lot. Dark days ahead for the club regardless what people say on here.
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:27pm

The number of hammerings we've taken all season probably played a small part too.

Edited by hartson11 - 20 May 2022 at 10:27pm
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 8:24am
Shall we see what happens this evening and take it from there..? Not saying I expect us to win, but let’s rally behind the players, see them (hopefully) give it their best shot at see what happens? If the players are thinking the way some on this forum are then yes, it will be a long evening.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 8:29am
Originally posted by hartson11 hartson11 wrote:

The number of hammerings we've taken all season probably played a small part too.
You're right of course but I'm with joni_bach on this. Regardless of what happened before, we were still in control of our destiny when we went into the Dragons game.

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 21 May 2022 at 8:30am
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 8:44am
Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

Shall we see what happens this evening and take it from there..? Not saying I expect us to win, but let’s rally behind the players, see them (hopefully) give it their best shot at see what happens? If the players are thinking the way some on this forum are then yes, it will be a long evening.

Of course we will get behind the team and I am pretty sure they won't be found wanting for effort. My comments & no doubt many others are based on a logical assessment of both teams. The reality is we do not compare favourably with the South African teams when it comes to power. If our front 5 read Wyn, Ryan, Samson, Sam & Fifita my outlook would not be so pessimistic. Given 50/50 decent ball tonight I would give us a good chance with the pace we have in the back 3.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 9:29am
It's going to be very difficult given the number of injuries to front 5 players - we'll miss Lousi, Wyn, Elias etc... 
I doubt we can do it, but here's hoping...
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 1:24pm
We’ve got an excellent back row out there, and I think Shaun Evans has been picked ahead of Daf Hughes for his jackling ability, along with that I hope we see a fit and firing Macleod ready to spoil a lot of their ball, and now we know a win is what is needed I hope Costelow has his kicking boots on.
Coch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

It's going to be very difficult given the number of injuries to front 5 players - we'll miss Lousi, Wyn, Elias etc... 
I doubt we can do it, but here's hoping...
I'm trying to be optomistic but it's difficult without those three...

Cmon bois bach!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic