Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bordeaux game at risk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

There is a huge problem in the ethnic community with their religious leaders peddling anti vaccine material. My neighbour is a Muslim and unvaccinated because of the teaching in his mosque and is very confused about what to do. He also has a severely disabled daughter who can’t be vaccinated yet has to go to hospital regularly. Should he be castigated possibly but please look at the situation from others perspective before judging. 
Yeah religion and science never mix 
Sponsored Links

Cofi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 8:42pm
I hope we don't loose key players from our playing squad because they've refused to be vaccinated.
( That is covid vaccinated, I presume they are up to date with their  Polio, Diptheria, Mumps, Rubella, Whooping Cough and Measles vaccinations.)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 8:50pm

There is a huge problem in the ethnic community with their religious leaders peddling anti vaccine material. My neighbour is a Muslim and unvaccinated because of the teaching in his mosque and is very confused about what to do. He also has a severely disabled daughter who can’t be vaccinated yet has to go to hospital regularly. Should he be castigated possibly but please look at the situation from others perspective before judging. 
I would have thought the bame community would be rushing to be vaccinated being as they are more at risk,and it's not judging to say that if the majority of people had a sick child they would do everything in their power to protect that child,religion has a lot to answer for.
Nikostratos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nikostratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 11:05pm
Why, perhaps you might point your neighbour towards this site:
https://mcb.org.uk/resources/coronavirus/  [Muslim Council of Britain] which is fully supportive of vaccination and has vearious myth-busting resources keyed to Islamic beliefs. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2022 at 8:39am
I'm actually excited for Sunday, I don't know why but I am excited.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2022 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I'm actually excited for Sunday, I don't know why but I am excited.

Scarlets, more than most, need games. Its unbelievable that we are 3 weeks away from the 6 nations & we have only played 6 games!!! I am also excited just to watch our team - I have zero expectations just great to see the boys on the field doing what they love. Dwayne has got it spot on by saying that we won't stand a chance if we don't show ambition and take our game to them. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2022 at 9:05am
We do GPR, we really do. The more I have seen online & heard through interviews, the more I am convinced that Dwayne is really getting the boys into his way of playing including the methods of training.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2022 at 9:30am
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

he’s daft if he is willing to put his daughter at risk. No god would want you to endanger an innocent child  no matter what religion you beleve in and i say that as a church going catholic
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2022 at 9:31am

Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

France opens its border to UK holiday makers from tomorrow, no quarantine but must show negative test taken within 24 hours of departure.

Game on!

Its my understanding that Unvaccinated travelers still have to self isolate. Is that correct?

If so that would mean that any individuals in the Scarlets party who are not fully vaccinated will be unable to travel.

Those who are un-vaccinated must provide an essential reason as to why they are entering France.

ETA: Unsure if that means they have to self isolate.

The link to the BBC article is below. The concerning statement is that, Unvaccinated travelers need a compelling reason to travel and must still isolate for 10 days on arrival. Surely that would exclude any non triple jabbed Scarlets players and support team members from traveling to France?

Any of our intended travelling party who are not fully vaccinated and do not pass a test within 24 hours of travel will not be going to Bordeaux. That is pretty reasonable now that the silly 48 hour quarantine has been dropped. 
If that's the case anyone unable to travel shouldn't be paid for the time they are unavailable.  It's their right to be unvaccinated but I don't see why employers and colleagues should suffer as a result.
Absolute nonsense they didn’t know the rules which change every day seemingly and can’t have three vaccines in 24 hours. We live in a free country people should have choice what to put in their bodies without fear of being punished if they don’t. 
I am fully vaccinated and believe in them but will fight for the rights of others to choose. 

people have the right not to be vaccinated and nations have the right not to let unvaccinated people into their country
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2022 at 9:34am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

he’s daft if he is willing to put his daughter at risk. No god would want you to endanger an innocent child  no matter what religion you beleve in and i say that as a church going catholic

Too right RR. Absolute b....y nonsense to put your own child, or for that matter anyone else's, in any danger. I sometimes wonder if the World has gone bonkers. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2022 at 9:43am

She can’t have the vaccine because of her condition and the medicines she already on. It’s a horrendous situation to be in along with pressure from family and others within his community. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2022 at 9:49am

She can’t have the vaccine because of her condition and the medicines she already on. It’s a horrendous situation to be in along with pressure from family and others within his community. 
no but he can and he should , if his mosque is peddling such nonsense he should simply attend another one, these clerics are not experts on this disease

Edited by RR1972 - 14 January 2022 at 9:53am
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2022 at 10:41am
I wonder how Bordeaux are getting on in terms of their positive COVID tests.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic