Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scotty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scotty
    Posted: 22 October 2021 at 9:34pm
Not beam me up but what a revelation he’s been. He’s playing as if he’s never been away. Noticed in an article that he’s been forefront in being vocal to get confidence back into the squad. 
Sponsored Links

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2021 at 9:55pm
Scotty has been what’s missing from our performances in the past 3 seasons.  He’s very vocal, he demands the respect of the players and is Mr consistent when it comes to performances.
Unfortunately for us, but not for himself, he’ll probably be back in the welsh squad by the end of the autumn internationals.
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 12:21pm
Brilliant from Scott last night, a great game, a great leader, right now a better choice of captain and in better form than Foxy. Same can be said for a few other players, Blacker had a fine game and should feature more even when Davies and Hardy return. Much needed win, well done boys! 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 12:41pm
[QUOTE=ChrisX]Brilliant from Scott last night, a great game, a great leader, right now a better choice of captain and in better form than Foxy. Same can be said for a few other players, Blacker had a fine game and should feature more even when Davies and Hardy return. Much needed win, well done boys! [

/QUOTE] I thought that he and Steff Hughes were excellent playing together as well 
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

[QUOTE=ChrisX]Brilliant from Scott last night, a great game, a great leader, right now a better choice of captain and in better form than Foxy. Same can be said for a few other players, Blacker had a fine game and should feature more even when Davies and Hardy return. Much needed win, well done boys! [

/QUOTE] I thought that he and Steff Hughes were excellent playing together as well 

I thought Scott was very good but not impressed with Steff Hughes.
swissscarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote swissscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 2:04pm
Scott is outstanding and a born leader 
west is best.
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 2:42pm
Bit Harsh on Steff Hughes he was solid and has barely played 
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by scarletsbeno1 scarletsbeno1 wrote:

Bit Harsh on Steff Hughes he was solid and has barely played 

I agree, he was solid, defensively sound and didn't make many errors, but I just don't see him as a 13 at this level, as he adds nothing in attack.
I guess his problem this season will be that Scott, Jon Davies and Johnny Williams are all ahead of him in his best position at 12.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 2:56pm
Scott seems to make the team tick.  Good as some of the other performances were last night, I don't think we would have beaten Benetton without him.  Great to see him back and as good as ever. Pivac must be keeping a close eye on him. 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 6:10pm
Scott starts in Dublin on February 5. Without a doubt.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2021 at 10:27pm
Class performance from Scott, and it's correct to say that without him, we wouldn't have won this particular game.
I don't know what happened with regard to the negotiations that led him to leave for Ospreys, but I do know I was filled with sadness. 
To many people posting on this forum, werej not willing to give him a chance when he returned, well let's these same people are EATING THEIR WORDS NOW .
Yes it was a calculated risk, with someone who has experienced injuries in the last 3 seasons.
Scott however is not just a great player, he is a LEADER and a scarlet through and through. 
He will be the next capt of the scarlets
I stood yer on tanner bank
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2021 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Class performance from Scott, and it's correct to say that without him, we wouldn't have won this particular game.
I don't know what happened with regard to the negotiations that led him to leave for Ospreys, but I do know I was filled with sadness. 
To many people posting on this forum, werej not willing to give him a chance when he returned, well let's these same people are EATING THEIR WORDS NOW .
Yes it was a calculated risk, with someone who has experienced injuries in the last 3 seasons.
Scott however is not just a great player, he is a LEADER and a scarlet through and through. 
As one of those who had doubts when we resigned him it was never a case of not giving him a chance, just naturally worrying as he was an older player who had suffered from injury and subsequent lack of form over the last few years. However he’s been terrific since coming back and I’m willing to put my hands up and admit I was wrong to doubt his signing. Not every criticism / question of the club / players’ action is automatically people being unwilling to give players a chance you know. After all what type of forum would this be without any criticism?
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

As one of those who had doubts when we resigned him it was never a case of not giving him a chance, just naturally worrying as he was an older player who had suffered from injury and subsequent lack of form over the last few years. However he’s been terrific since coming back and I’m willing to put my hands up and admit I was wrong to doubt his signing. Not every criticism / question of the club / players’ action is automatically people being unwilling to give players a chance you know. After all what type of forum would this be without any criticism?

Thanks Jones 2004 for your response to my post.vCan I also thank you for a being a gentleman.
I totally understand your concerns prior to Scott's arrival,particularly  as Scott's time with Ospreys had been littered  with bad luck on the injury front.

One of the issues I have with the forum however,(or some who post on it) is the total negativity  of their attitude. As you rightly point out, it wouldn't be a forum without criticism...and that's fine. I myself have expressed my displeasure, but have tried to make it as constructive as possible.
The way that Scott was written off by some,was simply unacceptable .Anyone who knows him, will testify the determination to get over these setbacks, which is part of his character
 We can clearly see the results.
Yes I do believe people deserve  "a chance ",and occasionally  we have to faith ,maybe follow our instinct not the science (even in professional sport)..LOL

I stood yer on tanner bank
bills burr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bills burr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 2:23am
Always been a tremendous player Obviously loads of injuries but last night he looked like scott of old. Looks pretty silly him not being in the autumn squad now, could cost us dear
B BURR
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by bills burr bills burr wrote:

Always been a tremendous player Obviously loads of injuries but last night he looked like scott of old. Looks pretty silly him not being in the autumn squad now, could cost us dear

At the end of the day, Wales are taking a beating either way. I'd rather Scott (selfishly), is fresh and hopefully he's back with Wales for the six nations for another rip on Courtney Lawes and a match winning try.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

Originally posted by bills burr bills burr wrote:

At the end of the day, Wales are taking a beating either way. I'd rather Scott (selfishly), is fresh and hopefully he's back with Wales for the six nations for another rip on Courtney Lawes and a match winning try.

Lol, my thoughts exactly 

One step at a time for Scott at this point, a run of games without injury is going to do more for his confidence and love of the game than an intense Welsh training camp 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic