Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EPCR , fixtures . Scarlets v Bordeaux .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 1:32pm
Def going the boys need all help they can get 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Def going the boys need all help they can get 
Nice one!
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 6:43pm
Thinking of going to Bordeaux.

Does anyone know if we, as non EU citizens, are allowed to go to the game though?

Spoke to an Ospreys mate who booked to go to Paris in December for their game, but was told by Racing that EU digital passports are required for entry to French stadia.

Having just checked online, it seems we can’t get access to the EU digital passport for obvious reasons. Don’t fancy going all the way to Bordeaux to end up watching in a pub!

Anyone been given any guidance by the club?
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by hartson11 hartson11 wrote:

Does anyone know if we, as non EU citizens, are allowed to go to the game though?

Spoke to an Ospreys mate who booked to go to Paris in December for their game, but was told by Racing that EU digital passports are required for entry to French stadia.

Having just checked online, it seems we can’t get access to the EU digital passport for obvious reasons. Don’t fancy going all the way to Bordeaux to end up watching in a pub!

As a frequent traveller to France, I would like to offer some reassurance.

If you have a valid passport with more than 3 months validity left, you’re fine to enter the country, however, if you’ve a passport with more than 10 years validity ie you renewed it in advance of the old one’s expiry, it might cause a problem. That would need more research. Instinctively, I would think it only got key if your remaining 3 months/your journey covers part of the time that is more than 10 years from the start of your document.

Currently, before travelling, you also have to sign a declaration d’honneur (declaration of honour) that you’ve not come across anyone with covid and op you’ve not got any health issues that might be covid.

In terms of access to a stadium, I’ve read nothing about needing a passport, as you would usually interpret the word. What you need to get into most places, eg cafe, restaurant, bar, etc is proof of a completed course of antic covid jabs. These need to have been done a month or so prior to requiring access. Obscure jabs might present a problem. The mainstream ones are fine.

Before your trip to France, to make everything really easy, I’d recommend downloading the app TousAntiCovid. This is the super easy app to use to get access to food, drink and entertainment. When you download it, you get the English version.

What you need to do is upload a proof of your covid jabs from the NHS site/app. It might be best to print off and then scan. Alternatively, if you’ve got 2 devices, get the proof of jab on one and the TousAntiCovid app on the other device you’ll take with you. The app scans paper or images on another device.

Another option for the non jabbed is a successful PCR test within 48 hrs of entry. That’d be a huge risk as there’d be next to no chance of getting a refund on travel costs.

Hope this helps and provides some encouragement.

Aber will also be able to help, as he’s been over to France recently.

We’ve arrived this afternoon and it is so good to be here.
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

If you have a valid passport with more than 3 months validity left, you’re fine to enter the country, however, if you’ve a passport with more than 10 years validity ie you renewed it in advance of the old one’s expiry, it might cause a problem. That would need more research. Instinctively, I would think it only got key if your remaining 3 months/your journey covers part of the time that is more than 10 years from the start of your document.

Currently, before travelling, you also have to sign a declaration d’honneur (declaration of honour) that you’ve not come across anyone with covid and op you’ve not got any health issues that might be covid.

In terms of access to a stadium, I’ve read nothing about needing a passport, as you would usually interpret the word. What you need to get into most places, eg cafe, restaurant, bar, etc is proof of a completed course of antic covid jabs. These need to have been done a month or so prior to requiring access. Obscure jabs might present a problem. The mainstream ones are fine.

Before your trip to France, to make everything really easy, I’d recommend downloading the app TousAntiCovid. This is the super easy app to use to get access to food, drink and entertainment. When you download it, you get the English version.

What you need to do is upload a proof of your covid jabs from the NHS site/app. It might be best to print off and then scan. Alternatively, if you’ve got 2 devices, get the proof of jab on one and the TousAntiCovid app on the other device you’ll take with you. The app scans paper or images on another device.

Another option for the non jabbed is a successful PCR test within 48 hrs of entry. That’d be a huge risk as there’d be next to no chance of getting a refund on travel costs.

Clumsy wording on my part regarding entry to the stadium, was of course referring to some sort of EU Digital Covid Pass, rather than passport, to avoid any confusion for anyone reading my post. I’m hoping it’s merely something that’s been lost in translation between my mate and the Racing ticket office in relation to his trip to watch the ospreys.

That’s all great information and it’s very much appreciated. Was completely unaware of that app you recommend, will defo download that. Thanks!

Edited by hartson11 - 15 October 2021 at 9:47pm
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 9:47pm

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Clumsy wording on my part regarding entry to the stadium, was of course referring to some sort of EU Digital Covid Pass, rather than passport, to avoid any confusion for anyone reading my post. I’m hoping it’s merely something that’s been lost in translation between my mate and the Racing ticket office in relation to his trip to watch the ospreys.

That’s all great information and it’s very much appreciated. Thanks!
You're welcome 

It’ll be fine.
WynnWill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WynnWill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2021 at 11:44am
Flights and hotel booked. See Ann for tickets when they are out then looking forward to a great weekend away following the boys.
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 11:37am
That's blown it , BA just changed flight out time . 
It's not going to work out now . Looks like I will cancel . 
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 12:58pm
Eurostar is not a bad option then only couple of hours to Bordeaux from Paris 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Eurostar is not a bad option then only couple of hours to Bordeaux from Paris 
Yes indeed plus you arrive in the centre of Bordeaux. Last time we used the shuttle service from airport to centre of the city it took almost an hour. Not sure how quick it is now, though.
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 7:52pm
I've now changed dates , managed to get Saturday off work . Now flying out Saturday morning . Extra night out . Sounds good 
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2021 at 5:45pm
BA now messing me around , they have now cancelled the Saturday flight .  That's an expensive weekend Friday to Monday.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic