Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

.. Match thread v Tigers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 9:17pm
Great victory against 17 men. 
Those commentators were............
Da iawn, bois bach.
Sponsored Links

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 9:21pm
Great win, mixed the play very well, keeping the Leicester Tigers defence guessing and honest (although according to Austin Healey and Co they were outstanding), peel has shown his hand for the coming season - we are going to play a high tempo game with plenty of support runners and options either side of the ball carrier, there also appears to be a lot less looking for contact and the ball is moved away from the contact area a lot quicker.  I have also noticed that we are not deploying the kick chase as much as in previous seasons either.
Taking Reffell off at half time really hurt the Leicester Tigers cause second half (hope he’s not injured), Pivac should look at capping him immediately as he qualifies for England on residency in the 12 months or so.  It will also put pressure on him to then move back to Wales when his Leicester contract then runs out.
I’m really excited about the start we’ve made under Peel, we appear to have structure and a game plan which doesn’t appear to be based on kicking and chasing (often poorly) and trying to win penalties and turnovers from the kicks.  By playing the way we are we are likely to get fans excited again and keen to return to PYS and to following the region again.  We are not going to win every match playing this way, but I strongly believe that fans would rather watch us trying to play this style of rugby than what we’ve be party to in recent seasons.
swissscarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 9:25pm
Very good win very pleased with that. Thank you Tigers for the live stream
west is best.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 9:42pm
Couldn’t catch it but good to hear we mixed things up in attack. Scott Williams back and made a decent contribution.

What’s the big work on - defence?
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Couldn’t catch it but good to hear we mixed things up in attack. Scott Williams back and made a decent contribution.

What’s the big work on - defence?
Breakdown and ball retention.
Joshua24:15
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 10:06pm
Just for the record it wasn’t Austin Healey commentating you numpties LOLLOLLOL
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 10:58pm
A win at Welford Road, in any context, is always welcome. Scored some lovely tries. Thought the front row went really well. Great to see Rob and Samson back. Early days yet, but can see an identity being built by Dwayne...

Re the commentators - really not good enough. Can understand the bias from the Leicester player, but the BBC guy should be capable of providing more balance. 

Onwards we go!
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Great victory against 17 men. 
Those commentators were............
Da iawn, bois bach.

Should have tuned into the Turk version pal! lol

Edited by Speedy - 10 September 2021 at 12:46am
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 11:52pm
It was irritating but Very naive if you thought the commentary wasn’t going to bias on something called Leicester tigers tv. 
Superscarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 12:36am
I must admit I'm not a real fan of Hardy. He is a good player and hopefully will develop but we let a better player go who had an all round game. Hardy is one for the future and is young but a lot of hype. I also believe he's been ellivated to the national side far too soon. Sorry before I get the rebuttal to my comments. These are only my opinions 
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 2:07am
Originally posted by Superscarlet Superscarlet wrote:

I must admit I'm not a real fan of Hardy. He is a good player and hopefully will develop but we let a better player go who had an all round game. Hardy is one for the future and is young but a lot of hype. I also believe he's been ellivated to the national side far too soon. Sorry before I get the rebuttal to my comments. These are only my opinions 
Who did we let go? Assume Evans last year, can’t figure that one out, especially that he can’t get a contract anywhere else.

Edited by Tony Clifton - 10 September 2021 at 2:09am
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 2:14am
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

Who did we let go? Assume Evans last year, can’t figure that one out, especially that he can’t get a contract anywhere else.

Can’t tell if youre a big Will Homer fan or maybe Sam Hidalgo Clyne Tongue
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 3:01am

Respect your opinion but must say I don’t agree. Hardy is 26 in November, certainly not young, and I’m not sure he’s had too much hype either. He’s a very capable scrum half, one that is international class as was proven by his excellent display against England. He’s ideal for Peel’s style of play.
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 3:33am
Suppose I should clarify, I can’t figure out why we let Evans go. He’s a very decent 9, but more surprising he couldn’t get a contract anywhere else as a backup 9. Dragons ended up with Lewis Jones this season. I like Hardy, but he could do with some work of course, who better to mentor him than Dwayne though!

Edited by Tony Clifton - 10 September 2021 at 3:34am
Peter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 6:22am
Morning,how did WGJ play?no one talk about him.
Seems Samson was the better one on the day s when i listened to the comments 
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

Suppose I should clarify, I can’t figure out why we let Evans go. He’s a very decent 9, but more surprising he couldn’t get a contract anywhere else as a backup 9. Dragons ended up with Lewis Jones this season. I like Hardy, but he could do with some work of course, who better to mentor him than Dwayne though!

Evans was a big part of our winning season so I agree in that respect. Hardy is class, better in lots of ways but...definitely not back in his stride since playing for wales. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
  Share Topic