Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

.. Match thread v Tigers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bills burr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 6:25pm
The most biased commentary in rugby history
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSkE6xQ4glA
immediately before and after every scarlets try, the commentators heaped praise upon the tigers brilliant defence? bonkers bias mun
Wacko
B BURR
Sponsored Links

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 7:06pm
I know a scrum and we were not under pressure every scrum, maybe your seats were too far from the pitch to see what's happening. 
Cole has never scrummaged straight but Rob did well in fact better than other occasions v him
Wgj matched genge too, people will say samson did better and he did do well but that was against a prop who had already played 40+ min. 
Think we have good depth at 3 and a good fight there for top sot

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 7:44pm
I feared the worst after the comfort  of the Nottingham game but we more than held our own for 80 minutes. It was so refreshing as we usually get smashed v Aviva opposition pre season. We were at least their equals . Very proud of the team 👍 looking good 
Peter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Peter Peter wrote:

Morning,how did WGJ play?no one talk about him.
Seems Samson was the better one on the day s when i listened to the comments 
Good to see you’re still keeping in touch 👍
Hallo,yes,pieter  miss the team and the people and scarlets was good for him.

PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by bills burr bills burr wrote:

immediately before and after every scarlets try, the commentators heaped praise upon the tigers brilliant defence? bonkers bias mun
Wacko

The commentary seconds before the Steff Hughes and Ryan Conbeer tries wasn't even bias, it was just a lack of understanding of what was happening on the pitch. Genuinely bizarre stuff!
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
jimmywilde View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmywilde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

Wacko

The commentary seconds before the Steff Hughes and Ryan Conbeer tries wasn't even bias, it was just a lack of understanding of what was happening on the pitch. Genuinely bizarre stuff!
That reminded me of Comical Ali.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2021 at 8:07am
Joking aside the commentators did Tigers fans no favours either by their lack of objectivity when something happened in the game due to a Tigers error which led to a turnover or penalty or try or an to their detriment  - all they would say is “that was unfortunate “ or similar. Treated Tiger fans like buffoons as well as us lot. It was free though which was great but I think that they may plan to charge in due course 
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2021 at 8:33am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Joking aside the commentators did Tigers fans no favours either by their lack of objectivity when something happened in the game due to a Tigers error which led to a turnover or penalty or try or an to their detriment  - all they would say is “that was unfortunate “ or similar. Treated Tiger fans like buffoons as well as us lot. It was free though which was great but I think that they may plan to charge in due course 

I gave feedback and was very grateful - I would pay £2 to see it but recommended that either smelly mike or lofty provide balanced commentary alongside them. 
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2021 at 10:33am
Just in case you didn’t know the recording is now available through YouTube on tigers tv. Clap
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2021 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

I gave feedback and was very grateful - I would pay £2 to see it but recommended that either smelly mike or lofty provide balanced commentary alongside them. 
. 😂😂  I said £5 in their survey as it was good to have the video stream even with the two speakers ! 

Edited by reesytheexile - 11 September 2021 at 12:37pm
bills burr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bills burr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2021 at 2:14pm
whats the latest on patchell?
B BURR
Craca Hyll View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Craca Hyll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2021 at 6:03pm
Solid showing from the youtube video. Plenty of mistakes, but some promise. I struggled with the commentary as well mind. I can understand home commentators focusing on their own side (it happens with BBC Wales, NI and Alba), but some of the commentary was embarrassing. I know they've got tickets to sell, but I can't imagine their fans want to be patronised like that.

*Scarlets work 40 yards up to the try line through 12 phases, and then Tom Rogers goes over untouched*

"Good defense by Tigers"

*Defenders rush up out of the line, fail to get man-and-ball, then don't reset leaving a massive gap for McNicholl to exploit*

"Great line speed"

*Scarlets gain 10 metres on first-phase ball and Tigers leave a massive space for Kieran Hardy to break*

"Again, good defence"

You could spend all day listing some of the bizarre commentary.

Edited by Craca Hyll - 11 September 2021 at 6:08pm
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2021 at 10:26pm

whats the latest on patchell?
Not far off. May bench against Edinburgh
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2021 at 6:21pm
I really like patch as a 10 but he just doesn’t play enough for my liking through no fault of his own he’s just very injury prone I can see Costello getting a load of games and becoming our first choice 10
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2021 at 7:00pm
Dinky is number one for me right now, a bunch of games will help Costellow massively 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2021 at 9:47pm
Can't see anyone except Dinky starting against Edinburgh. Sam is full of class, but I'm still not sure he's ready to carry the load yet. I'd rather see his mercurial talent used against a tiring opposition- for now.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic