Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

.. Match thread v Tigers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 11:08am
Actually our scrum wasn't bad 1st half... Why has got an agenda here on something or doesn't know what a scrum is. We comfortably won our own ball. Pens went both ways.
Samson looked strong but thought wgj played well too and considering samson played against a more tired genge. 
We obviously need a bulky lock and a 7 who can snaffle ball.
Backs got better as game went on, defence too, thought Scott helped in that. 
Leicester were poor out wide defensivly and I think other teams will not give is that room but I feel dwayne will have us playing more than 1 style
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 11:22am
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

Firstly well played and secondly we are still a work in progress, good luck for the season ahead.

Nothing much in the game, the only thing that surprised me a little was when the Scarlets used Scott one side of a scrum/break down as first receiver and Dan Jones on the other, it seemed to bamboozle the back line defense a bit…couple of tries came from that.

Edited by Wil Chips - 10 September 2021 at 11:59am
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 12:06pm

Firstly well played and secondly we are still a work in progress, good luck for the season ahead.
I think we could say exactly the same based on our recent form. Good luck.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Nothing much in the game, the only thing that surprised me a little was when the Scarlets used Scott one side of a scrum/break down as first receiver and Dan Jones on the other, it seemed to bamboozle the back line defense a bit…couple of tries came from that.
Agree and it was so good to see Scott back where he belongs.
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 12:09pm
Scott looked great, made an impact, gave us that extra go forward. Welcome home.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 12:16pm
Scott will keep the opposition midfield guessing because he is more than capable of being the link with his 10 running outside, firing passes across the defence or busting it up the middle. Without the ball that 10/12 channel where we were pretty weak last season will be seriously stiffened by his presence. Add in his leadership credentials and he is looking an excellent signing. 
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 12:33pm
Slippery Sam, with Scott outside has Scarlets rugby written all over it.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Slippery Sam, with Scott outside has Scarlets rugby written all over it.

Spot on Speedy. A touch of the steel & rapier - it will certainly stop opposition drifting too much & clogging up the wide channels where we eventually want to get to to cause maximum damage. 
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Superscarlet Superscarlet wrote:

I must admit I'm not a real fan of Hardy. He is a good player and hopefully will develop but we let a better player go who had an all round game. Hardy is one for the future and is young but a lot of hype. I also believe he's been ellivated to the national side far too soon. Sorry before I get the rebuttal to my comments. These are only my opinions 
A full season has passed since he left, suggested we move on from this now...
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 2:13pm
I think the game has been summarised pretty well here. Only things I'd add is that I didn't expect Shingler and Dan Davis to play 80 so that's probably a good indicator that we're really looking to them to settle into second row and 7 for the next few weeks at the very least.

Hard to tell from the camera angles but Price didn't really stand out last night and neither did the youngsters last week so guessing the Lousi has been wrapped in cotton wool and will either partner Shingler or Helps.

Sooner a few of Lezana, Macleod and Cubby are available the better.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Scott will keep the opposition midfield guessing because he is more than capable of being the link with his 10 running outside, firing passes across the defence or busting it up the middle. Without the ball that 10/12 channel where we were pretty weak last season will be seriously stiffened by his presence. Add in his leadership credentials and he is looking an excellent signing. 
And his excellent chips through which we saw last night
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

And his excellent chips through which we saw last night

Pity he wasn't with us to counter some of devastation Sale and others caused us last season with their unopposed blitz defence/attack, unless of course the previous coaches had insisted that we didn't kick any possession away, whatever the circumstances.
Let's hope that the new regime will trust talented, experienced players to make their own decisions on the pitch, depending on what they're up against.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

Let's hope that the new regime will trust talented, experienced players to make their own decisions on the pitch, depending on what they're up against.

Clap

Quins showed what’s possible when you don’t overcoach 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Actually our scrum wasn't bad 1st half... Why has got an agenda here on something or doesn't know what a scrum is. We comfortably won our own ball. Pens went both ways.
Samson looked strong but thought wgj played well too and considering samson played against a more tired genge. 
We obviously need a bulky lock and a 7 who can snaffle ball.
Backs got better as game went on, defence too, thought Scott helped in that. 
Leicester were poor out wide defensivly and I think other teams will not give is that room but I feel dwayne will have us playing more than 1 style
I have no agenda I was there and called it as I saw it that’s all. We were under severe pressure in most scrums in first half as far as I could see perhaps it looked better on the tele. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 4:11pm

I do not think we were under pressure, there was parity I felt .

Cole was his illegal scrummaging best, boring in on the angle .
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

I do not think we were under pressure, there was parity I felt .

Cole was his illegal scrummaging best, boring in on the angle .
I know you probably didn’t mean it like that but ‘the opposition were scrumming illegally, so we weren’t losing out in the scrums’ isn’t the best argument to use. All season teams will try illegality against us and if the refs don’t penalise it we’ve got to have the cleverness just to do the same thing against the opposition. If we don’t we might be a clean team but we’ll also become a losing team. Just as context I couldn’t catch the game last night and so this comment comes entirely from my reaction to what’s been written on this forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic