Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scott Williams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scott Williams
    Posted: 27 May 2021 at 5:27pm
Any chance of re-signing him, or is he too injury prone?
Give Blood, Play Rugby
Sponsored Links

Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 5:53pm
I Hope his unlucky time Is over and can be back with Scarlets..karma didnt want he played for them...he is a Scarlets and I m sure he have a second youthness with us 

Edited by Mr Ian - 27 May 2021 at 5:53pm
Lost in France View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost in France Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 6:43pm
For someone who I guess is not from Llanelli or West Wales, Mr Ian does seem to "get it".  I wonder what the word 'cynefin' translates to in Italian ?
Lost in France View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost in France Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 6:49pm
..... and yes, I would love to see Scott Williams back at PYS
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 6:54pm
 I think the injures have caught up with him, but saying that, if  he can stay injury free he  would be useful addition
exiled turk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exiled turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 7:07pm
It would be great to get Scott back. He would surely add value to the squad and be a positive influence.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 7:19pm
We have never replaced Scott, he was the leader in the back line, bossed the gain line both in attack and defence.  A half fit scott would be a welcomed addition, if only for his influence on the new young backs coming through the academy.
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 7:22pm
I guess it depends on the length of contract Scott is after compared to his level of fitness/longevity. I personally would love to have him back. Also, does Dwayne have any say in the matter yet? 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 7:27pm
Don’t think we should sign him. As much as I respect all he’s done for us and Wales he isn’t the player he once was. Added to that our squad has a fairly old age profile so we should definitely prioritise our budget on either an academy player or a young up and coming player who’s shown potential at another club.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Lost in France Lost in France wrote:

For someone who I guess is not from Llanelli or West Wales, Mr Ian does seem to "get it".  I wonder what the word 'cynefin' translates to in Italian ?
Maybe habitat, but I think for Scott case, the right word Is home 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Maple Maple wrote:

I think signing Scott could be a case of heart over head. But I don't have access to his medical records of course. 

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 8:21pm
Mr Ian is right - if Scott's medical record suggests he will be fit for 20 games a year its a no brainer. He is the leader we are desperate for & still one of the best 12's in Welsh rugby. He would propel Costellow into the Welsh squad.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I think signing Scott could be a case of heart over head. But I don't have access to his medical records of course. 

Looking back, most of our best memories have been while Scott was with us.

If sentiment, or heart, was our guide, he’d have been signed already. Unfortunately, our soul has been under relentless attack from the strangulated purse strings of the WRU.

Head needs to rule while we are deprived of rightful and sufficient funding from the governing body that has had a business sense by-pass. Don’t think Doc was on the surgical team.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Don’t think we should sign him. As much as I respect all he’s done for us and Wales he isn’t the player he once was. Added to that our squad has a fairly old age profile so we should definitely prioritise our budget on either an academy player or a young up and coming player who’s shown potential at another club.

My heart says yes, my head says no.
Scarlets before Wales
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 8:25pm
Bring Scott back! 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Looking back, most of our best memories have been while Scott was with us.

If sentiment, or heart, was our guide, he’d have been signed already. Unfortunately, our soul has been under relentless attack from the strangulated purse strings of the WRU.

Head needs to rule while we are deprived of rightful and sufficient funding from the governing body that has had a business sense by-pass. Don’t think Doc was on the surgical team.
Good point. I've been attending regularly since 2007, and Scott was there from mediocrity in 2009 right until our Euro Semi Final year in 2018.
We certainly haven't had much positivity since he left. Apart from Brad Mooar's TV interviews, that is
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic