Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOsian Knott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 11:23pm
I’m not aware that we’ve set out our development strategy as picking out young talent produced by the academies of the other regions. As I posted earlier, when Jac Morgan’s departure was confirmed, the official statement was “we are proud to announce the signing....”. I said at the time that I was pleased when we signed Rhys Patchell, but didn’t feel any sense of pride. As a supporter I feel a sense of pride when local talent, which we’ve developed, achieve success at international level.
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Rob Hunt Rob Hunt wrote:

I’m not aware that we’ve set out our development strategy as picking out young talent produced by the academies of the other regions. As I posted earlier, when Jac Morgan’s departure was confirmed, the official statement was “we are proud to announce the signing....”. I said at the time that I was pleased when we signed Rhys Patchell, but didn’t feel any sense of pride. As a supporter I feel a sense of pride when local talent, which we’ve developed, achieve success at international level.

It’s a media statement....
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 11:29pm
I think we have a great sense of pride for our youngsters however this isn't really that big of a thing. I don't think Osian has even started for us yet? And some people are going on about how its a huge loss? I would imagine if he had the makings of being an elite player he'd have had a couple more starts by now. 

Rob Hunt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Self evidently it was a media statement, but they had a number of weeks to prepare for it as it seems that it was a done deal. They chose to use those terms. Was it only two years ago that they wanted to merge with the Blues and then with us?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 11:37pm

Self evidently it was a media statement, but they had a number of weeks to prepare for it as it seems that it was a done deal. They chose to use those terms. Was it only two years ago that they wanted to merge with the Blues and then with us?
looks like their new owners have bigger ambitions and deeper pockets. Our coaches never picked knott so what’s he supposed to do ? Waste his career sat in the stands?  If morgan and aob were out of favour at the drags before moving here, then so is knott here before his move to the ospreys  so by your logic that’s ok, players will move from region to region it’s pointless getting upset about it. He’s not even a first teamer It’s hardly like losing liam or foxy to them is it?

Edited by RR1972 - 08 April 2021 at 11:42pm
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 2:43am
Man, this place I come to for a bit of ight hearted relief. It's been like a funeral parlour the past 5 days. Its a shame the Sale game was the last of the season. Nothing to distract us with.
Scarlets before Wales
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 3:40am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

looks like their new owners have bigger ambitions and deeper pockets. Our coaches never picked knott so what’s he supposed to do ? Waste his career sat in the stands?  If morgan and aob were out of favour at the drags before moving here, then so is knott here before his move to the ospreys  so by your logic that’s ok, players will move from region to region it’s pointless getting upset about it. He’s not even a first teamer It’s hardly like losing liam or foxy to them is it?

If as Scarletnut is saying we have good news, which I don’t doubt is right, on the horizon re players. What do people think as they will be Delaney selections or at least he will have had a big say in who is brought in.

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 5:33am
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

I think we have a great sense of pride for our youngsters however this isn't really that big of a thing. I don't think Osian has even started for us yet? And some people are going on about how its a huge loss? I would imagine if he had the makings of being an elite player he'd have had a couple more starts by now. 

Yes but the opinion of wether or not he has elite qualities lies in the opinion of coaches who don't seem to have much of a clue as the continued omission of asquith seems to indicate.
Captain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 7:12am
So your basing quality of coaching on non playing of Asquith. The last 2/3 coaches did not constantly pick him, so they were poor as well?

I am really bored with this narrative now. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Captain Captain wrote:

So your basing quality of coaching on non playing of Asquith. The last 2/3 coaches did not constantly pick him, so they were poor as well?

I'm basing the quality of coaching on the style of play that's been delivered this season with teams taking the field like strangers,if your bored with the narrative then don't read them and don't feed them by posting,and given the amount of injuries this season the omission of asquith is baffling.
McQ View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 8:57am

Edited by McQ - 12 April 2021 at 8:54am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 9:31am

You are factually correct that Asquith was not selected very often in the first 15 - he was usually in the 23 though. For our great win in Bath he was actually selected at 12 ahead of Parkes. It should also be noted that for much of his time with us in the early days he had the likes of a firing Foxy, Scott & Parkes to compete with which, in my humble opinion, does not compare with an off form Foxy, Tyler Morgan & Steff Hughes yet he still cannot get a game even on the bench.

Finally I have been with our performances this season yet i still choose to watch. I could of course not bother. 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 9:48am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

You are factually correct that Asquith was not selected very often in the first 15 - he was usually in the 23 though. For our great win in Bath he was actually selected at 12 ahead of Parkes. It should also be noted that for much of his time with us in the early days he had the likes of a firing Foxy, Scott & Parkes to compete with which, in my humble opinion, does not compare with an off form Foxy, Tyler Morgan & Steff Hughes yet he still cannot get a game even on the bench.

Finally I have been with our performances this season yet i still choose to watch. I could of course not bother. 
a

Selection under Delaney has long been perplexing.Against Munster Cassiem who had played well in Edinburgh,was dropped in favour of Shingler,who hadn't played for a year.Then against Connacht,Morgan Jones was left out altogether in favour of  Rawlins,who hadn't played for ages,and RatuvaRawlins was then left out in favour of Ball for the Sale game.Likewise Rogers,proclaimed as "where we want to be as a club",was soon discarded.Current internationals,or senior squad members tend to be favoured regardless of form......with one exception,of course.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 10:51am

In the light of this and Jac Morgan’s departure should we consider disbanding our academy and use the money we save to scavenge the most promising products produced by the other regions? 

You want to disband it because two players have gone. Bonkers. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 11:29am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

In the light of this and Jac Morgan’s departure should we consider disbanding our academy and use the money we save to scavenge the most promising products produced by the other regions? 

You want to disband it because two players have gone. Bonkers. 
3 with baldwin Big smile
Freddy The Turk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 11:35am
Never seen the guy play and if I have seen him play he hasn't stood out for me.  I suspect most on here being extremely negative are probably in the same boat. Finding it difficult to get too caught up in the doom and gloom about this one. Hope he does well and makes it though.
Serenity now. Serenity now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic