FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Orders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 10:51am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Not a webb fan but williams wAs dire in the last ten mins sat,  i think webb would have kept more composure. Orders does idolise him though fair point

There appears to be a clamour for Tomos to start for Wales and he has even been mentioned as a Lion. I have struggled to date to really see what all the fuss is about frankly. For me Cawdor & Hardy are a lot better all round and in hindsight I think Lloyd Williams would have made a better fist of closing that game out.

I think I see Tomos as having a higher ceiling than the other 9s you mention.

So while Cawdor has the pace and spark as good as any 9 in the world. His game management, slow ball when he gets tired and kicking game has always been inconsistent.

Hardy certainly has a lot of growth potential too and that England game might be the making of him.

Then Lloyd is probably the most reliable game manager, and kicks well and focuses on getting the ball out quick - but doesn’t really have that xfactor threat that you need in International game now.

I think Tomos has the pace, the handling, the kicking skills as good as a De Klerk or DuPont but his tackling and defensive positioning is often caught short. 

His mistakes have cost us two very painful results in rwc semi-final and last week. But I think he’s got the most ability to learn and grow from these games simply because his core skills are so good.

Next 5/6 years I expect we’ll see him and Hardy fighting it out for starter/finisher roles.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2021 at 7:54am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Not a webb fan but williams wAs dire in the last ten mins sat,  i think webb would have kept more composure. Orders does idolise him though fair point

There appears to be a clamour for Tomos to start for Wales and he has even been mentioned as a Lion. I have struggled to date to really see what all the fuss is about frankly. For me Cawdor & Hardy are a lot better all round and in hindsight I think Lloyd Williams would have made a better fist of closing that game out.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 8:44pm

Edited by RR1972 - 24 March 2021 at 8:45pm
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

[QUOTE=SA14]Not sure why people think he’s Ospreys obsessed. [/QUOTE

Read his articles. They are embarrassing. ]

In what respect?

If it’s that he only seems to write about the Ospreys, there’s a few journalists on there who it looks like are allocated to regions. Simon Thomas mainly does articles about us. 

I disagree there Bubba, Simon seems to write about the blues as well, but Orders either writes about the ospreys, or about Wales, with particular love being paid to Welsh ospreys players. His fascination with Rhys Webb is quite disturbing. Just my opinion though, fine to disagree like.
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

At the risk of defending an O’s player on here - websites like WOL test multiple leading pictures for every new article and have systems that use the one that gets the most clicks after 3/4 hours. 

It’s why Daily Mail articles always end up with a woman in a bikini on the front LOL
i don't know how i would have survived lockdown without the countless photos of amanda holden narrowly avoiding a wardrobe malfunction in her barely there outfit showing off her gym honed figure,not that i read it.LOLLOL
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

At the risk of defending an O’s player on here - websites like WOL test multiple leading pictures for every new article and have systems that use the one that gets the most clicks after 3/4 hours. 

It’s why Daily Mail articles always end up with a woman in a bikini on the front LOL

... especially if the article is about how many children Mr Johnson has fathered...?
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

In what respect?

If it’s that he only seems to write about the Ospreys, there’s a few journalists on there who it looks like are allocated to regions. Simon Thomas mainly does articles about us. 

Edited by SA14 - 24 March 2021 at 3:44pm
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 11:36am

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 11:14am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

First this, and Steff on another thread, I think we need to be careful.

I don't see why, top article on WOL, which is incidentally written by Mark is "The potential Lions who could make the squad without playing a minute of 6 nations rugby". Who could the accompanying picture be? Ross Morriarty? Ellis Jenkins? No it's Rhys Webb....
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 10:46am
First this, and Steff on another thread, I think we need to be careful.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 10:17am
Aye I’d be over the moon if we beat them
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 9:46am
Was a big win for them in all honesty
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 9:23am

Go ahead..........Take those banana's
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Because of the ***** he writes. Not sure is youve read any of it, but if you have SA14 you will see why.
he's got a big feature on the kids beating leinster today.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 7:07am
Because of the ***** he writes. Not sure is youve read any of it, but if you have SA14 you will see why.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2021 at 10:02pm
Not sure why people think he’s Ospreys obsessed. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
  Share Topic