Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rugby selling out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 10:59am
Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

In terms of Sky, overall I would say this is positive for the league, particularly in terms of the increased funding it will bring. I highly doubt all games will be televised though, which is a step backwards. I so wish Premier had done well these past few years because having every game televised was a real positive for me. However the quality of the broadcast, regular errors/technical difficulties, lack of any pre/post-match coverage for many matches and choice of commentators have resulted in quite a poor product overall. Also it's easier to get hold of the Queen than it is to get hold of Premier Sports customer services! But as I say, the one thing they got right is that every game was televised, and this will be missed.

Agree - it's been invaluable for those of us who live too far away from y Parc to attend home matches regularly (when we could!) Plus seeing the away games has obviously been a bonus. I really hope Sky continue to show them all, but I don't reckon they will.
Sponsored Links

N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 11:44am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

In terms of Sky, overall I would say this is positive for the league, particularly in terms of the increased funding it will bring. I highly doubt all games will be televised though, which is a step backwards. I so wish Premier had done well these past few years because having every game televised was a real positive for me. However the quality of the broadcast, regular errors/technical difficulties, lack of any pre/post-match coverage for many matches and choice of commentators have resulted in quite a poor product overall. Also it's easier to get hold of the Queen than it is to get hold of Premier Sports customer services! But as I say, the one thing they got right is that every game was televised, and this will be missed.

Why wouldn’t every game be Televised? There’s red button technology and imagine more than one channel dedicated to the rugby. In the full article it also mention S4C and some games free to view. 

Because they didn't last time. I have only had access to EVERY league game since Premier had the tv rights
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 12:06pm
I’d hope that it would be a condition of any broadcast deal that every game has to be televised - either on a normal channel or red button or online. Agree that Sky would surely be a step up from Premier but I would worry about how many would watch it considering how expensive Sky is for anyone that doesn’t already have it. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 12:07pm
Sky is the more expensive option. BT isn’t too bad. Amazon would be ideal. An absolute bargain. 
Roger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 12:21pm

Sky is the more expensive option. BT isn’t too bad. Amazon would be ideal. An absolute bargain. 

I was hoping it would go to Amazon as I can't receive Sky but Now tv is an option as you can have it a month at a time. I'm with Talk talk and I can get Sky Sports for £20 a month for a year.
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 1:07pm

If you only watch rugby then Now TV is the way forward there. Subscribing with Sky themselves is chucking your money away. 

That's only accessing the games on your mobile at the cheaper price, is it? Or am I missing something?
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 1:56pm

If you only watch rugby then Now TV is the way forward there. Subscribing with Sky themselves is chucking your money away. 

That's only accessing the games on your mobile at the cheaper price, is it? Or am I missing something?

The prices are tv and phone. There are cheaper passes for mobiles only. 
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 9:26am
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Good news for those of us who can speak Welsh here. 

That's a relief.Good news.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 10:31am
That’s brilliant!
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 10:33am
If you see my previous objections, what I’m saying is that because everyone is taking the money, and the game goes behind a paywall, the only people who benefit will be salaried admins, coaches and players etc while the sport loses visibility to half its audience.

But if the sport goes behind a paywall in England, Scotland and NI but not in Wales people in Wales who are less into rugby will still be aware it’s on and can watch it, whereas in the other countries it will begin to become more niche.

My partner’s nan can’t speak a word of Welsh, and is never going to buy sky BT or Amazon, but loves watching rugby on S4C

Edited by dyniol53 - 26 March 2021 at 10:35am
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 11:04am
What’s he gonna do, pull Wales out of the six nations if it isn’t on S4C? He can fight for it but there’s not much else he can do. Early signs are that it’s going to Amazon. £11.98 to watch the six nations? Bargain. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 11:22am
Looks like the 6 nations will remain on BBC & ITV with Amazon happy to settle for Autumn International matches only.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Good news for those of us who can speak Welsh here. 

Diolch byth! Clap
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 11:48am

What’s he gonna do, pull Wales out of the six nations if it isn’t on S4C? He can fight for it but there’s not much else he can do. Early signs are that it’s going to Amazon. £11.98 to watch the six nations? Bargain. 

Not compared to £0.00 though - maybe have a word with your accountant!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
PenScarlet44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PenScarlet44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 11:51am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Not compared to £0.00 though - maybe have a word with your accountant!
Don't you pay your TV licence?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic