Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rugby selling out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2021 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

[QUOTE=KID A]It seems that the days of us having proper steel to fight the WRU are long gone. We will never have the backing to be European Cup winning teams if this does not change.
do you not think that now might be a time to rebel?the union won't get any money without any welsh teams,even if we have to play each other and a few friendlies,i know it will hurt financially but they would have to pay for the players they use more than they do now.
[/QUOTE]I agree with the sentiment 
Do you hear the people sing steff?LOL
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2021 at 8:11pm

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

[QUOTE=KID A]It seems that the days of us having proper steel to fight the WRU are long gone. We will never have the backing to be European Cup winning teams if this does not change.
do you not think that now might be a time to rebel?the union won't get any money without any welsh teams,even if we have to play each other and a few friendlies,i know it will hurt financially but they would have to pay for the players they use more than they do now.
[/QUOTE]I agree with the sentiment 
Do you hear the people sing steff?LOL

Singing the songs of angry men!! 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2021 at 9:05pm
Amazon be good to have it on. Ways and mean to get out of paying full price whatever it’s on. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2021 at 1:43pm
Whenever I watch ITV coverage of rugby I don’t mind paying for better coverage. They’re awful. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2021 at 2:02pm
Maggie Alphonsi is excellent. She deserves the bigger gigs rather than a good few of the out of touch folk doing them now.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2021 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Maggie Alphonsi is excellent. She deserves the bigger gigs rather than a good few of the out of touch folk doing them now.
Yes she is a very knowledgeable person on the rules and knows her rugby. 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2021 at 7:07pm
I enjoyed some of the banter between ickle shane miles and the lady commentator ...Alas no one is in the same league as bill mclaren..He knew exactly what to say and when

Edited by roy munster - 13 March 2021 at 7:08pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2021 at 11:55pm
Shane is an awful commentator in my opinion. I wasn’t impressed by ITV’s coverage at all today. Maggie is the best of a bad bunch.
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 9:13am
Notice this morning in the rugby paper,sky are looking to.a dealmfor the pro16 for next season.lets hope.so
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 9:57am
If you only watch rugby then Now TV is the way forward there. Subscribing with Sky themselves is chucking your money away. 
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 10:00am
The ‘cable tv’ model is not progress. We need accessible content including all the matches at our fingertips. That is the way you grow the product. The same way US college sports, NFL, NBA and NRL have grown exponentially outside of their local markets.

N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 10:34am
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Shane is an awful commentator in my opinion. I wasn’t impressed by ITV’s coverage at all today. Maggie is the best of a bad bunch.

I would agree with this
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 10:39am
In terms of Sky, overall I would say this is positive for the league, particularly in terms of the increased funding it will bring. I highly doubt all games will be televised though, which is a step backwards. I so wish Premier had done well these past few years because having every game televised was a real positive for me. However the quality of the broadcast, regular errors/technical difficulties, lack of any pre/post-match coverage for many matches and choice of commentators have resulted in quite a poor product overall. Also it's easier to get hold of the Queen than it is to get hold of Premier Sports customer services! But as I say, the one thing they got right is that every game was televised, and this will be missed.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 10:44am
Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

In terms of Sky, overall I would say this is positive for the league, particularly in terms of the increased funding it will bring. I highly doubt all games will be televised though, which is a step backwards. I so wish Premier had done well these past few years because having every game televised was a real positive for me. However the quality of the broadcast, regular errors/technical difficulties, lack of any pre/post-match coverage for many matches and choice of commentators have resulted in quite a poor product overall. Also it's easier to get hold of the Queen than it is to get hold of Premier Sports customer services! But as I say, the one thing they got right is that every game was televised, and this will be missed.

Why wouldn’t every game be Televised? There’s red button technology and imagine more than one channel dedicated to the rugby. In the full article it also mention S4C and some games free to view. 
Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 10:49am
Sky would, I'm sure, produce a better TV experience. As would BT or Amazon. They are a highly professional outfit. Let's hope that they demand a better product from the Pro 16 and, maybe a little more of a professional approach from our beloved union.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 10:52am
Premier sports are the Beetamax of the sports coverage world. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic