Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rainbow Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

This Rainbow Cup wasn’t a waste of time. The Scarlets have received £500k for it like every other club despite the fact the Saffer sides can’t participate. This was crucial 
If this was crucial then it again shows that this league is not fit for purpose
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Who'd have thought trying to arrange a new cross-hemisphere competition in the middle of a global pandemic would've had such problems... 
spot
On sir, great idea daft timing, who do we play our last 3 fixtures against?

Don't know but a Dragons fan of mine said they are playing Leinster & Glasgow in 2 of the 3 matches.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 5:44pm
The worse thing about this league is premier sports. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 6:12pm

This Rainbow Cup wasn’t a waste of time. The Scarlets have received £500k for it like every other club despite the fact the Saffer sides can’t participate. This was crucial 
directly to us steff or via wru?i put my money via the bookies and it never seems what i hoped for.Wink
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

directly to us steff or via wru?i put my money via the bookies and it never seems what i hoped for.Wink
I was wondering the same thing.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 6:39pm
€2m to the WRU first though before it comes to us though unfortunately isn't it? 
By the time WRU get their ideas floating about on how to spend the pro clubs money, the pro clubs may be able to afford a Mars bar each. Unless of course I am mistaken and every penny will rightfully make its way to the pro clubs. 
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

€2m to the WRU first though before it comes to us though unfortunately isn't it? 
By the time WRU get their ideas floating about on how to spend the pro clubs money, the pro clubs may be able to afford a Mars bar each. Unless of course I am mistaken and every penny will rightfully make its way to the pro clubs. 
It’s ever so easy to spend other people’s money.

It’s just like claiming expenses.

Or being on the gravy train.

So many distractions from the main purpose of the WRU existence - to promote the game; the professional game; as well as the grassroots.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 8:27pm

Competition money is always pass through though. I would be very surprised if that wasn't contractual
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Competition money is always pass through though. I would be very surprised if that wasn't contractual
So if we sell a share of our future competition income to CVC, we’d get that money, n’est-ce pas?

Oh, we didn’t.

Contract shmontract.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

i believe the 4 teams are yet to receive pro14 cvc money from WRU yet. Just lumbered with the 20m loan. 
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2021 at 6:57am
With the amount of money lost this season due to no fans the 500k payment is massive. That covers a contract for one or 2 players next season.

What is the actual structure of the competition though? Is it 1 big league table between the 12 teams and then top 2 play a final?
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2021 at 8:33am
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

With the amount of money lost this season due to no fans the 500k payment is massive. That covers a contract for one or 2 players next season.

What is the actual structure of the competition though? Is it 1 big league table between the 12 teams and then top 2 play a final?

Truth be told, I don't know if anyone knows!! The fixtures for rounds 4-6 are known by the sides in the competition but I don't think they are public knowledge yet.
Busy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2021 at 9:46am
So it all starts tonight then. Stormers v Sharks cancelled? 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2021 at 10:51am
All SA team games are scrapped.

Shame for those SA based players with aspirations to play v The Lions...team will now look to overseas based players for most selections ( in my view).

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2021 at 11:04am
have the boris govt got anything to do with this tournament?Wink
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2021 at 11:06am
Not really.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
  Share Topic