Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Amazon Prime set to broadcast the Autumn matches
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Amazon Prime set to broadcast the Autumn matches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2020 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

High Streets were always going to suffer as are out of town centres. The digital world is with us and like it or not it will be with us for the foreseeable future. Businesses need to stay relevant. High streets have been struggling for years with most populated by betting & charity shops. 

Amazon provide a fantastic service with next day delivery to your door at very competitive prices. Time for High Streets to be re-developed into affordable housing for our growing population. 
In fact the out of town retail parks are also suffering now from online convenience. As you say , converting town centres into housing and social/ eating / drinking and leisure facilities seems the best way forward 

Edited by reesytheexile - 12 September 2020 at 4:20pm
Sponsored Links

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2020 at 11:26am
All Wales games for this tournament to be shown live on S4C. They'll be moaning next that there's no English language option.
trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2020 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

All Wales games for this tournament to be shown live on S4C. They'll be moaning next that there's no English language option.

They are already
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2020 at 3:29pm
i agree amazon delivery service is superb mind and a Godsend during covid...ebay not far off too
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2020 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

It may be cheap now but as their monopoly grows the prices will soon hike up as they did with sky tv...The Amazon monopoly, has grown ever more disturbing during lockdown. The endless politicians that have popped up through the EU and devolved governments in recent times, have done nothing to stop it or even tax it. Theres too many politicians but even more lobbyists. Hence competition is wiped out, Bezos will one day become the first trillionaire if he doesnt divorce every year, meanwhile the high street is wiped out and the tax paid to the treasury for our public services will continue to diminish 

Exactly Roy
+
Accept for many reasons online is the option people will choose over a physical shop but when the case (as I just did buying a new shaver) I suggest try the site of a company (in this case Boots) who pay proper corporation tax. You might even find the price is the same or cheaper. Linked to what Roy says people now might always assume Amazon is cheaper for everything but that is not the case - they have just succeeded in getting people to think like that. In this case, having just checked what it would be on Amazon, I'm paying exactly the same price and free delivery from Boots to my house as well.

+ Anyhows - great to read about our matches being on S4C!!! sorted!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2020 at 5:56pm
You have just identified Amazon's key strategic aim there.

45% of all on line product searches start at Amazon...they work on that as being their main KPI to grow.

Amazon attract plenty of variable press covering, but they have been an employment godsend in these challenging times.
Announced today another 100k full time workers being taken on in North America for example.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2020 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

You have just identified Amazon's key strategic aim there.

45% of all on line product searches start at Amazon...they work on that as being their main KPI to grow.

Amazon attract plenty of variable press covering, but they have been an employment godsend in these challenging times.
Announced today another 100k full time workers being taken on in North America for example.

Totally agree Wil. Also taken on 10k new people in the UK. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2020 at 7:13pm

That's what I'll be watching - Amazon can go and... you can fill in the rest.

Diolch, S4C!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2020 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

That's what I'll be watching - Amazon can go and... you can fill in the rest.

Diolch, S4C!
leave the package with a neighbour? WackoWink
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2020 at 3:33pm
Being reported Amazon are delighted with viewing figures and are now favourites to have the six nations with BT and Sky in the mix. I’d be amazed if it stayed free to air. I’d like Amazon to bid for the PRO14 too. Premier sports is abysmal. 

Edited by SA14 - 13 December 2020 at 3:34pm
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2020 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Being reported Amazon are delighted with viewing figures and are now favourites to have the six nations with BT and Sky in the mix. I’d be amazed if it stayed free to air. I’d like Amazon to bid for the PRO14 too. Premier sports is abysmal. 
Amazon's coverage was far better than Premier but streaming games from Amazon to my tablet, it would always stream in low quality and would never improve the quality to the point where you could barely read the score properly. Casted through the TV the quality was perfect but hope they can look to fix issue with mobile devices as there were complaints from others on social media. 

Premier has always worked fine on every TV/Tablet/PC so no complaints there, but I had an email from them last night that they're upping the price by a pound a month starting in January, so i'm sure when most of you are looking to renew your yearly subscriptions next time they'll be asking for a tenner or so more than this year. 

Edited by minded - 13 December 2020 at 3:51pm
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2020 at 3:50pm

Totally agree
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2020 at 4:10pm
I sometimes think do people go OTT about Irish bias but that bias is rife on Premier sports. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2020 at 4:14pm

Amazon's coverage was far better than Premier but streaming games from Amazon to my tablet, it would always stream in low quality and would never improve the quality to the point where you could barely read the score properly. Casted through the TV the quality was perfect but hope they can look to fix issue with mobile devices as there were complaints from others on social media. 

Premier has always worked fine on every TV/Tablet/PC so no complaints there, but I had an email from them last night that they're upping the price by a pound a month starting in January, so i'm sure when most of you are looking to renew your yearly subscriptions next time they'll be asking for a tenner or so more than this year. 

I’ve noticed that too. I’ve seen UHD films on TV that have pretty average quality on smaller devices. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2020 at 5:21pm
Amazon's coverage, I mean technically, wasn't without it's challenges in the Autumn Nations Cup, but you'd back them to fix that pdq.

Much as I dislike subscribing to them, the game needs their funding and their coverage.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2020 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Amazon's coverage, I mean technically, wasn't without it's challenges in the Autumn Nations Cup, but you'd back them to fix that pdq.

Much as I dislike subscribing to them, the game needs their funding and their coverage.

And that’s what the game has to look at. The revenue lost by not having crowds will be regained from the highest bidder. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic