Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Toulon/European Rugby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2020 at 10:19am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

With all the issues around the coronavirus I honestly feel that the matches should be cancelled. The rise of known cases in Italy should be a warning for us all.

I am not one for worrying too much, and certainly not scaremongering either, just my feelings 

I was in a rugby function in Cardiff on Saturday, and was told that the NZ tour is doubtful at best, with others saying it will be off.

Spot on Dai - expert advice suggests that this virus will take 3 months to reach its peak and another 3 months to clear. That puts the summer tours for all European countries pretty impossible to fulfill in my eyes. 
AND thank god a summer break for the players!! đź‘Ť
Sponsored Links

Flaggman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flaggman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2020 at 4:14pm
On the plus side we’ll have more chance of winning if there’s no home support.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2020 at 4:27pm

Looks like most supporters will be heading to the South of France, unless flights are cancelled there will be no refunds .
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2020 at 4:30pm

going to be an interesting couple of weeks mark!

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 9:25am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Looks like most supporters will be heading to the South of France, unless flights are cancelled there will be no refunds .

I won't. I value the health of my family too much to risk it.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 10:11am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

It's a lot of money to lose if you booked transfers hotels and flights

I don't see anyway that travelling fans will be allowed into the game but I also don't see anyway they will put a travel ban on going to france

I wouldn't blame anyone for going or for not going

There are arguments for both courses of action
cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 11:35am
The heart says 'go', the head says 'no'.  Given the Chief Health Officer's predictions last night we might all be in lock-down by then anyway and flights cancelled.  Wait and see I think
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 12:10pm
Fortunately we've managed to cancel / get refunds for hotels & airport parking. Match ticket costs should be refunded. Easyjet flight club membership allows flight route / dates to be changed without penalty, though given the current climate I'm not sure its worth the hassle of travelling anywhere at moment.

Not sure going to the Cote d'Azur on the shant is such a wise idea..
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Bryn@man Bryn@man wrote:

Fortunately we've managed to cancel / get refunds for hotels & airport parking. Match ticket costs should be refunded. Easyjet flight club membership allows flight route / dates to be changed without penalty, though given the current climate I'm not sure its worth the hassle of travelling anywhere at moment.

I fully see your point. 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 12:35pm
same as you cymraes, heart says go head says no.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Bryn@man Bryn@man wrote:

You've gone soft you since you stopped working in Pembs!!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

With all the issues around the coronavirus I honestly feel that the matches should be cancelled. The rise of known cases in Italy should be a warning for us all.

I am not one for worrying too much, and certainly not scaremongering either, just my feelings 

I was in a rugby function in Cardiff on Saturday, and was told that the NZ tour is doubtful at best, with others saying it will be off.

Spot on Dai - expert advice suggests that this virus will take 3 months to reach its peak and another 3 months to clear. That puts the summer tours for all European countries pretty impossible to fulfill in my eyes. 
AND thank god a summer break for the players!! đź‘Ť

If there is one good thing to come out of this - it's the possibility that our players will have a decent break to recover fully from all their knocks. It seemed like a Mission Impossible, anyway.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

You've gone soft you since you stopped working in Pembs!!

I'm looking out over the Cleddau as I type mun…

The thought of trying to sup a glass of vin rouge through a surgical mask casts a shadow over some great memories from the previous Toulon trips.
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

same as you cymraes, heart says go head says no.
Same here . Cant decide if I want to go . If I dont get a decision in the next few days  its looking like I will cancel .  Might get a bit of money back . 
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
Roger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 5:37pm
Just saw a tweet saying that tickets for the Toulon game have been suspended
Roger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Roger Roger wrote:

Just saw a tweet saying that tickets for the Toulon game have been suspended

Didn't say if the game is being played behind closed doors though.

Edited by Roger - 11 March 2020 at 5:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic