Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#cleanupScarlets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #cleanupScarlets
    Posted: 20 January 2019 at 1:49pm
No, it’s not a bad language or recruiting/retention thing..

One of best things I’ve seen of late in sport has been to see visiting fans and teams clean up their seating area or changing rooms post match...

Something for us to consider ?

I commend it the Board...

PS..and yes, it’s a bit rich coming from someone living in another continent 😎
Sponsored Links

Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2019 at 3:42pm
Not wishing to be a smarty pants, but I always clean up the mess around our seats before we go.

Good shout Wil. Clap
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
coldith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coldith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2019 at 4:02pm
Why only clean up at away games? Clean up at PYS too 😀
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2019 at 4:30pm
Good call. No rules really, I think it’s just about leaving a venue with grace and setting high stds.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2019 at 7:10pm
There's no reason, or excuse, for making a mess... I totally agree with this.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2019 at 7:15pm
Great idea. It might help to stop people ditching McDonald’s at the side of the road too? Maybe not.

Whilst we ate on the issue of waste I would like to commend the scarlets in trying to reduce plastic waste offering re useable pint glasses. I have bought one but admit only reused back in PYS a couple Of times. Note to self.
Sarnian scarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnian scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2019 at 9:35pm
I have always felt that the Scarlets have taken the issue of littering extremely seriously which is why I believe it is a deliberate ploy to serve people so slowly at half time so as to cut down on the amount of wastage.....Thumbs Up  
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2019 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

It might help to stop people ditching McDonald’s at the side of the road too? Maybe not.

They're beyond cure - sub-human scum that should be launched into the sun.

As for cleaning-up, that would be amazing - I took the daughter down to the terrace after the Leicester game and though she enjoyed kicking around the plastic cups, it did feel pretty grubby that they'd been jettisoned. 

There are a couple of things there; the re-usable plastic cups would cut the number of single use cups down, but beyond that where there are plastic cups it would be great to encourage people to place them in recycling bags (I think there's a conspicuous absence around the stadium).

I think it would be a great thing for the club to push on with. Convince the future generations that those before them weren't landfill worshipping, planet destroyers after-all.
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2019 at 9:51am
I wonder if we fully embraced the recycling of plastic product at PyS we could get our replica gear made out of it next season.

I’ve done it on cycling/triathlon/running and some footie gear.

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2019 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I wonder if we fully embraced the recycling of plastic product at PyS we could get our replica gear made out of it next season.

I’ve done it on cycling/triathlon/running and some footie gear.

We can barely get our shirts in time for the season as it is!! Let alone thinking about what they are made of!!
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2019 at 10:17am
Good idea. There's a lot that can be done here.

Has the club got a sustainable development policy/champion? I'm sure it has but I couldn't see anything on the web site. This is something that maybe Crys16 could help with (as its about bringing the fans on board if its going to work) and I would be more than happy to lend my time to ways of developing the clubs sustainable development credentials and a green ethos within the fans.

Edit: It's worth embracing these ideas not only because of the positive effect that they will have but also if done well, they will enhance the performance of the business.

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 21 January 2019 at 10:20am
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2019 at 11:05am
We should also adopt the ways of alot of other clubs do and as we did for the 1/4 Finals last season with the plastic re usable cups.

I will sure be re using my cup of I have to pay £1 extra every pint I have

Edited by Owen111 - 21 January 2019 at 11:06am
coldith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2019 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

It might help to stop people ditching McDonald’s at the side of the road too? Maybe not.

They're beyond cure - sub-human scum that should be launched into the sun.

As for cleaning-up, that would be amazing - I took the daughter down to the terrace after the Leicester game and though she enjoyed kicking around the plastic cups, it did feel pretty grubby that they'd been jettisoned. 

There are a couple of things there; the re-usable plastic cups would cut the number of single use cups down, but beyond that where there are plastic cups it would be great to encourage people to place them in recycling bags (I think there's a conspicuous absence around the stadium).

I think it would be a great thing for the club to push on with. Convince the future generations that those before them weren't landfill worshipping, planet destroyers after-all.

it would be great to encourage people to place them in recycling bags (I think there's a conspicuous absence around the stadium)
Think it’s a safety issue, no bins allowed in stadiums etc because of the terrorist threat 😯
ynysddurfc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ynysddurfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2019 at 1:03pm
We always do the same wherever we go. Teaches our daughters some basic pride, and they regularly comment now when they see other people's rubbish.  
Anyone see the media coverage the Japanese football supporters got at the world cup in Russia? They take pride in everything they do and were taking in their own bags to clear up rubbish in their areas after each match.
If each person cleared their own area it's no bother at all. Unfortunately, some see it as an excuse that it gives someone else a job to do. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2019 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by ynysddurfc ynysddurfc wrote:

We always do the same wherever we go. Teaches our daughters some basic pride, and they regularly comment now when they see other people's rubbish.  
Anyone see the media coverage the Japanese football supporters got at the world cup in Russia? They take pride in everything they do and were taking in their own bags to clear up rubbish in their areas after each match.
If each person cleared their own area it's no bother at all. Unfortunately, some see it as an excuse that it gives someone else a job to do. 

Too true. It really makes me question the future of the human race when I see wanton disregard of rubbish. I live in a beautiful part of Wales in the Brechfa Forest and can't believe the things I see on my walks. I too taught my girls when they grew up about the benefits to the World of recycling and dealing with your own rubbish. Catch them young you've got them for life. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2019 at 3:46pm
Cardiff Blues...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/humble-act-try-scoring-rugby-15610643

Edited by Wil Chips - 21 January 2019 at 3:47pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic