Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 445>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 8:09pm
The ospreys look in a better positon than the blues right now tbh
Sponsored Links

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by wetweatherwinger wetweatherwinger wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Parasites of the highest order no good will come of it. 
Wow
Pro sport doesn’t work like that. 
Peel?
Peel signed for Blues and Mullvill not Cardiff and Young 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
McQ View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 10:50pm

Edited by McQ - 12 April 2021 at 8:57am
insidehalf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insidehalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 10:06pm
A friend of mine in work is good mates with Jac Morgans dad. Apparently Jac had been made defence captain and had also captained the team a few times earlier in the season, the club were approached about his salary at the time considering what the club were asking him to do but the man controlling the finances apparently stated no change needs to be made as he's under contract to the end of the season. Probably his agent started talking to other regions then and the rest is history.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2021 at 9:31pm
Benetton putting up a good account of themselves out in Montpellier. Losing 31-22 after 62 mins.
They've had an awful season but are giving this a real go.

Montpellier can bring on guys like du Plessis and Camara on 50 mins. They made a real difference.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 7:29am
Watching Sale getting dismantled by La Rochelle really does bring home how dreadful we were last weekend. Once Sale's forwards were matched they had no answers. La Rochelle are serious contenders this year. It is a pleasure watching class players play - Vito, Alldritt, Rhule going forward - great entertainment indeed. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 2:01pm
Perhaps this result may be a blessing for us.  It goes to show that we were convincingly dismantled/smashed by an average premiership side and not European beaters.  If Sale went on and won (and eventually won the tournament) we’d be saying that there was nothing to worry about, as we lost to the best team in the tournament.
This shows just how far we’ve fallen in the past season or two.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Perhaps this result may be a blessing for us.  It goes to show that we were convincingly dismantled/smashed by an average premiership side and not European beaters.  If Sale went on and won (and eventually won the tournament) we’d be saying that there was nothing to worry about, as we lost to the best team in the tournament.
This shows just how far we’ve fallen in the past season or two.

I'm afraid an 'average' premiership side plays week in week out at a higher level than any of the Welsh regions can play at. They are all more physical than we are and better coached. ( and better funded).
Keep the faith
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 5:52pm

Following the draws for the semi-final matches in the 2020/21 Heineken Champions Cup and Challenge Cup which were held today (Sunday 11 April) at BT Sport’s studios in London, EPCR is pleased to confirm the high-profile fixtures.

HEINEKEN CHAMPIONS CUP

La Rochelle v Leinster Rugby, Stade Marcel Deflandre
Toulouse v Bordeaux-Bègles, Stade Ernest Wallon

CHALLENGE CUP

Leicester Tigers v Ulster Rugby, Mattioli Woods Welford Road
Bath Rugby v Montpellier, The Recreation Ground

The matches will be played on the weekend of 30 April-1/2 May and the exact dates, kick-off times and TV coverage will be announced shortly. The countries and venues for this season’s finals will be decided by EPCR at a later date

The draws were broadcast live on BT Sport, beIN SPORTS and france.tv, and live-streamed on epcrugby.com with Craig Doyle as MC, Brian O’Driscoll and Lawrence Dallaglio as ball-drawers, while the proceedings were overseen by scrutineer, Lauren Pagé, of the law firm Bird & Bird.

scarletsim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 6:59pm
As good as Leinster are, I fancy La Rochelle at home 
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 7:14pm
When Sale played us they were as good as we were bad, yesterday they probably made more mistakes in the first 10 minutes than the whole game against us.

Many reasons for that.

La Rochelle 1st ever semi, Leinster have 15 internationals starting with so much European experience, I feel they'll win, especially after beating Exeter in the way they did after going 14pts down in the 1st 10 minutes.

It will be a good game though.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 7:18pm
Overall I still fancy Toulouse. I think Leinster will fare better with the La Rochelle pack than Sale did, so Leinster v Toulouse final.
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 7:22pm
I don’t think I’ve ever seen as many super-slo-mo shots in a game as there was in the Toulouse Clermont game! Utterly ridiculous from the French TV director! On a serious note though both the games today were turgid affairs considering they were Heineken Cup QFs - reminded me of watching the Scarlets play. As good as La Rochelle have been I fancy Leinster for their semi-final - an utterly professional and quality side - and I also fancy Toulouse to win over Bordeaux as they just have too many quality players who I don’t think will play as badly again.
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 9:40pm
I know it’s only mentioned in passing in this article but if France is added to the hotel quarantine list for Ireland will there be an exception for pro sport and if not will Leinster be able to continue in the Heineken Cup?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 10:03pm
I famcy la rochelle at home. They are great to watch 👍
scarletsim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2021 at 12:22am
They love a super-slow mo in France Big smileLOLLOL

The Begles v Racing 92 game was pretty awful to be fair. Motor-Mouth Healey was praying it didn't go to extra-time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 445>
  Share Topic