Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 314315316317318 445>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2022 at 11:30pm
My goodness, I’d love to see Tshiunza at 6 for us some day!
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2022 at 8:17am
Well done the Dragons. Rowntree has got his work cut out at Munster. Angus showed what a mistake it was to firstly not play him last season & secondly not retain his services as a decent cover at 10/15. Fekitoa at Munster is looking like a pale shadow of the All Black and certainly not a like for like replacement for de Allende. Rio Dyer has got something about him thats for sure & he absolutely skinned an aging Zebo late in the game. He has the type of pace we can only dream about.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2022 at 10:05am
Poor form from Buttress exposing Dai Flannagan pre game to the obvious questions which were going to be asked about Dean Ryan. He should have fronted up and taken the responsibility. Yet more evidence of the scourge of Welsh club rugby - rank bad leadership. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2022 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

looks a great prospect doesn’t he?
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2022 at 5:41pm
Worcester suspended from all competitions by RFU.
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2022 at 5:57pm
Please make a move for Doel. We need the back three coverage.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2022 at 6:13pm

Please make a move for Doel. We need the back three coverage.
A budget and actual payment of the funding for player release would be useful.

It’s only 6 months late (approx)

WRU is definitely run by the amateurs.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2022 at 7:07pm
Van De Merwe wouldn’t go amiss. Anything in the coffers? Are we able to release Rawlins, how many weeks with no rugby do players have to be held for? 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2022 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

looks a great prospect doesn’t he?

I'm hearing from the mad monk that we are playing him on the wing 
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2022 at 9:09am
Tshiunza wouldn't be a bad addition also there may be some useful Worcester and wasps players who will be on the market soon one mans sorrow one mans gain.

Be careful what we wish for sometimes, the English prem is and has been on a very thin balancing wire for a long time.
With interest rates possibly going up to 6% soon that is going to hurt a lot of clubs with huge loans Northampton on my local news last night saying their energy bill alone has gone up by £100,000 along with huge debts. Not saying we are immune or gloating but some difficult times nationally for pro rugby
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2022 at 9:26am
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

Tshiunza wouldn't be a bad addition also there may be some useful Worcester and wasps players who will be on the market soon one mans sorrow one mans gain.

Be careful what we wish for sometimes, the English prem is and has been on a very thin balancing wire for a long time.
With interest rates possibly going up to 6% soon that is going to hurt a lot of clubs with huge loans Northampton on my local news last night saying their energy bill alone has gone up by £100,000 along with huge debts. Not saying we are immune or gloating but some difficult times nationally for pro rugby

You are spot on scarletabroad. Inflated salaries for players will become a thing of the past soon and even the French will have to tighten their belts when the full effects of rampant inflation which is Europe wide along with energy costs catch up with them. 

Tschiunza is a quality prospect - rather like our own Fifita he is not really bulky enough to be considered a 2nd row in my opinion but at 6 or 8 he could do some real damage. For me he should start for Wales ahead of Navidi, Lydiate & Moriarty - he brings something different - carries, excellent lineout forward & loves a tackle or two. 

Unfortunately I think seeing him at a welsh club anytime soon is a bit of a dream. He and Dafydd Jenkins are being coached well and getting good quality gametime. If available with money no problem I would welcome the two of them along with Reffell - we could build our pack for the next 10 years around them but that is just wishful thinking. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2022 at 10:16am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

You are spot on scarletabroad. Inflated salaries for players will become a thing of the past soon and even the French will have to tighten their belts when the full effects of rampant inflation which is Europe wide along with energy costs catch up with them. 

Tschiunza is a quality prospect - rather like our own Fifita he is not really bulky enough to be considered a 2nd row in my opinion but at 6 or 8 he could do some real damage. For me he should start for Wales ahead of Navidi, Lydiate & Moriarty - he brings something different - carries, excellent lineout forward & loves a tackle or two. 

Unfortunately I think seeing him at a welsh club anytime soon is a bit of a dream. He and Dafydd Jenkins are being coached well and getting good quality gametime. If available with money no problem I would welcome the two of them along with Reffell - we could build our pack for the next 10 years around them but that is just wishful thinking. 
Who the **** in their right mind would want to sign for any club in the shambles that is welsh rugby?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2022 at 10:33am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Who the **** in their right mind would want to sign for any club in the shambles that is welsh rugby?

Tshiunza and others might fancy it when they hit 30 odd and their legs start to go and the injuries get more frequent.....then they can come to Wales,try their hands at a bit of social media influencing,get friendly with Mark Orders,get the odd gig with Scrum V or Clwb Rygbi,hardly ever play and still get a salary based on the form they showed in the previous decade.
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2022 at 10:53am

Vaea Fifita, Jack Walsh, Timani, Faletau, Nott, Lonsdale, Clark, Tomkinson.......
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2022 at 11:22am
The dodgy roofer has been put in his place LOL....now all we need to do is sort out the cross hands terrorist Wink

#cleaninguptheneighbourhoodBig smile
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2022 at 11:39am
Originally posted by hartson11 hartson11 wrote:

Vaea Fifita, Jack Walsh, Timani, Faletau, Nott, Lonsdale, Clark, Tomkinson.......

Ironic,but a brief glance at that list should serve to underscore ladram's point.There can be an argument that Welsh rugby has always needed to look outside its borders for the bigger forwards.,but surely there is something very wrong when a side overseeing all the young talent in the Swansea Bay area and its valleys finds it necessary to sign a young Australian,who failed to make the cut at Exeter,to play outside half???And bear in mind the Ospreys still have a 38 yr old English 10 on the books.Costellow was given a chance by Leicester!Tompkinson ?!I'd back Baldwin and Roberts ahead of him-I've seen more than enough of the 3.Even when the much-vaunted academies produce tbe goods,the system fails the progress of the players.Ladram is right-a shambles.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 314315316317318 445>
  Share Topic