Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 302303304305306 445>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2022 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

We will win one game in the series in my opinion 
Is that a stance on which you’d be prepared to take up the offers of Pauillac bottles as a bet? RR was first, then GPR and me third.

No worries if not. It’s good fun and I think we all hope you’re right.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2022 at 6:59am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Is that a stance on which you’d be prepared to take up the offers of Pauillac bottles as a bet? RR was first, then GPR and me third.

Dyniol is not alone. Warburton predicting Wales to win one. Of course I would be over the moon if we do compete well in South Africa but the mood music surrounding this Welsh team isn't good and Pivac is a man under severe pressure after disrespecting Italy with his team selection. 
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2022 at 8:35am
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Dragons have unveiled their new badge and branding, leaked a few days ago.

Logo is black with amber fleurs-de-lis (taken from old Monmouthshire crest), but the big news is that that they are now 'Dragons RFC' - they're a club, not a region. Playing kit will be black & amber home strip (for Newport) and predominantly blue alternative kit (representing Gwent). The 'Dragon's Tail' device will still appear on the shirts, on the back of the collar and in some other merchandise.

Dai Buttress is restoring the old Newport identity, but seems still to be hedging their bets with #WeAreGwentRugby hashtag.

Probably a step in the right direction, but I expected it to coincide with news on the club's return to private ownership - no word on that today.

Of course, apart from ownership, the biggest transformation will happen when they start getting consistent results on the pitch - maybe Dai Flan will be the catalyst to make that happen... 

I'm more confused after reading the press release and interviews around the name and logic.

They wanted to keep the brand of the Dragons going, but they don't want to keep the imagery, only keeping the name and there's no Dragon in the logo.

They want to give a nod to Newport and Rodney Parade through the colours but have completely distanced themselves from the history of Newport RFC.

They're now a club (which most associate with a city/town/village) but the tagline is about a county and they reference regional responsibilities.

I sort of get not becoming Newport Rugby because having Cardiff Rugby and Cardiff RFC and Newport Rugby and Newport RFC is all a bit meh but I'm really not sure how much value there is in changing the badge and putting RFC on the end.

Most think of rugby teams as clubs, it's like car manufacturers adding the word car to the make and model to remind people it's a car, the Ford Focus Car, just in case you forgot you were in a car.

I've no idea what Dragons RFC are.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2022 at 1:27pm
Pretty impressive stuff from the Maori team this morning. Blew Ireland away first half - too much pace & skill with the ball. Irish depth not what it seems. This summer's International could be a painful watch for us Northern hemisphere fans. Looks as if the tour is over for Hume & Healy.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 1:16pm

I think my money would get better returns with the bookies 😅
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 1:19pm

I think my money would get better returns with the bookies 😅

Before you take that step Dyniol have a word with my mate LadramConfused
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2022 at 9:18am
Fiji put 30 on tonga today!  They will beat wales im world cup, ireland all over kiwis for half hr but 35 12 to nz now

Edited by RR1972 - 02 July 2022 at 9:26am
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2022 at 9:33am
I think there are more NZ born players in Ireland team than NZ🤣🤣
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2022 at 10:04am
Getting the ball over the ABs line is one problem, putting it down is another. 5 times Ireland have been held up over the tryline. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2022 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

I think there are more NZ born players in Ireland team than NZ�£ï¿½£
in fairness there are more tongans and fijian born players in the nz team than kiwisWink
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2022 at 1:00pm
It’s a good job that Eddie has got his foolproof secret plan to win the RWC next year, otherwise there would be a lot of people, almost none of whom will be in Wales, somewhat hacked off with the result today against their 14 man hosts for more than half the game.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 02 July 2022 at 1:06pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2022 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

I think there are more NZ born players in Ireland team than NZ�£ï¿½£
in fairness there are more tongans and fijian born players in the nz team than kiwisWink

That was my point. Nz are made up of pacific islansers and ireland by NZ
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2022 at 7:09pm
England lose again, fast eddie to get sacked?
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2022 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

England lose again, fast eddie to get sacked?
At the same time in the last world cup cycle (2018) England had just finished fifth in the six nations (only beating Wales and Italy), and had then lost against the Barbarians and the first and second tests against a (then) poor SA. 16 months later they hammered the world cup favourites in the world cup semi finals. I’m not saying England will definitely turn things around but all England’s results have to be seen in the context of Eddie not giving a sh*t about anything other than the World Cup. 
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2022 at 9:37pm
Javan on for Scotland. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2022 at 10:01pm
Dire day for uk rugby
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 302303304305306 445>
  Share Topic