Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > RANDOM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Camino de Santiago

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camino de Santiago
    Posted: 12 August 2016 at 1:11pm
For those ill informed it is not an Argentine forward! 😉
I'm venturing out to via Biarritz to take in the Camino de Santiago Frances mid September into October. Any members done it? Do the shop do a Scarlets badge patch or something similar to attach to my backpack?
We all had Doctor's papers!
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2016 at 1:34pm
Well done Turkish Fez. My daughter did the Camino last year. Don't think she did all of it but started near San Sebastian. She had a great time took 14 days staying in small village hostels popular with tourist pilgrims. Have a great time.
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2016 at 2:15pm
Body surviving and fitness allowing intend to do it all, 33 stages and 530 plus miles.
Not getting any younger.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2016 at 2:19pm
Thats impressive. I think Nia did about 300 miles in total. Keep posting your progress we will look out for it & perhaps share some memories/thoughts with you. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2016 at 2:27pm
How many beer stops?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2016 at 12:12am
One or two hopefully, that being said I speak no Spanish so I might get stuck with vino tinto.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 10:25pm
For those of you who like the outdoors will be aware that by purchasing a fantastically comfortable backpack that I have to make sure I don't cut my nose off to spite my face and have bought an Osprey backpack? 😣
Hence you can see why I'm after getting a Scarlets patch badge to cover the Osprey motif. 😉
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 7:23am
Wise styling, Mick.

Good luck with both your search and your walk.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2016 at 8:27am
Well Ive bitten the bullet, one way flight booked to Biarritz on 14/09/2016. Transfer sorted to St Jean so setting off on the 540 odd miles to Santiago on the 15th. Exited but very very nervous about what lies ahead. He who dares as they say. Still haven't got a Scarlets patch badge for my backpack yet!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2016 at 9:21am
Good luck TF. Your probably going to need it!!!!
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2016 at 5:13pm
Mick, you'll be fine. You get on with folk easily, so have a great time.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 11:39pm
Matters in hand to try and address the Osprey backpack problem. Really appreciate the effort being made to obtain a suitable patch badge. 😉👍
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2016 at 7:17am
Good luck with finding a suitable badge.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2016 at 12:39am
Successfully got to Santiago where I had 2 days rest then continued to the Atlantic via Finestrre and Muxia. 600 odd miles completed. Fantastic experience, meeting some wonderful people from all over the world.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2016 at 8:10am
Well done Mick. That's a terrific achievement.

Glad it was great fun also.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic