Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scott & Rhys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Matty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scott & Rhys
    Posted: 26 January 2014 at 1:47pm
Been mulling over Warburton's CC and wondering how it might relate to the Scarlets. What are people's general opinions?

If Scott and Rhys signed directly with the Scarlets then the Scarlets would be paying their wages - possibly around £400,000 a year combined.

On the other hand, if Scott and Rhys could get a CC that guarenteed them to play at the Scarlets, the Scarlets would be in the same position as above but £400,000 better off. This would allow us to bring in 3/4 additional players for the same playing budget.

It puts players in a very difficult situation.
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 1:51pm
it's a no brainer let the wru pay them and well keep playing them

spend the saved cash on a 8! 
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 1:55pm
This is my last post on this subject I have had enough. Matty and RR1972 are you being daft on purpose or do you not see the bigger picture here for fuc*s sake.
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
exiled turk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exiled turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 1:59pm
RR1972 are you Derwyn Jones??
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by exiled turk exiled turk wrote:

I'm just someone who lives in the real world, we keep two test players at no expense and then we can use the money saved to improve the team

whats wrong with that? seriously explain to me how that be a bad thing
Matty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by bazlewis bazlewis wrote:

This is my last post on this subject I have had enough. Matty and RR1972 are you being daft on purpose or do you not see the bigger picture here for fuc*s sake.

Read my other posts - I am not an advocate of CC. This post is to show the conflict of interest that our players will be put through and the difficult situation facing them. They are being used as pawns and the argument above will be used to persuade them.
JonnyLewis420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyLewis420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 2:01pm
if they signed for the wru we wouldn't be allowed to play them.
For the losers now, will be later to win.
AstroScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AstroScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I'm just someone who lives in the real world, we keep two test players at no expense and then we can use the money saved to improve the team

The fact they'll be sent to play for the Blues. The fact we'll see them even less than we do already due to Wales commitments. The fact as it stands, we'll be breaking away from the Union on Friday, and so they will not be playing for the Scarlets if they did. 
'Stand up at home if you're watching, that was one of the Heineken Cup great tries'
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 2:06pm
well lose em to team wales anyhow lets use the system to benefit us

why would the wru send rhys to the blues when they have patchell there?
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 2:07pm
Once you lose control of your players, you lose control of your independence. That's why the WRU is so desperate to CC the players - so that the regions are compromised and the WRU effectively controls their destiny.

There is a place for CCs or joint contracts, but only after things have been sorted competition-wise and with Roger Lewis' successor at the WRU. It's impossible to work with Lewis, that's obvious. Warburton will now be used by Roger as a pawn for the WRU. Shocking state of affairs.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 2:12pm
Why did Lewis want to centrally contract George North IF he was placed in the Blues team ? that is what is going to happen in certain cases unless there are firm conditions in contracts that players will be loaned back to their region and not to anyother region during the course of the contract. This will be up to the player and his Agent (god help us there) and not a players region as the region will have no say in the matter!
 Warburton always was assured of a 'shoe in' to be loaned back to Blues as he was the person who led the break in the picket line!!

What is truly awful on this though from a wider perspective is how Lewis can be doing this in the middle of highly sensitive negotiations with the RRW-he lacks integrity.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Because the WRU could pick and choose what games they play for us. We wouldn't have any control.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Matty Matty wrote:

Been mulling over Warburton's CC and wondering how it might relate to the Scarlets. What are people's general opinions?

If Scott and Rhys signed directly with the Scarlets then the Scarlets would be paying their wages - possibly around £400,000 a year combined.

On the other hand, if Scott and Rhys could get a CC that guarenteed them to play at the Scarlets, the Scarlets would be in the same position as above but £400,000 better off. This would allow us to bring in 3/4 additional players for the same playing budget.

All of that highlighted, with respect, is flawed. It's either conjecture, presumptious or just wrong. Not much basis for debate really.

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 2:50pm
If either of those sign a CC it's a serious blow for the region. Whilst I empathise with the position they're in, I hope that's been made clear to them.

Roll on Friday
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Matty Matty wrote:

Who says we would be £400K better off? The last WRU central contracts "offer" involved them taking away all our player release money and all the money we get for adhering to the NWQ limit, to pay for the central contracts. We'd be worse off if that offer was accepted.

The WRU would decide who the players play for and when they play. Roger Lewis has spoken of wanting only two well funded regions and two "development" regions. Who fancies the Scarlets becoming the Welsh Connacht?

Get ready for centrally contracted players to be pulled out of big regional games if they've got the slightest knock too.

Don't get taken in by the WRU propaganda. This could be bad news for the regions.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 3:17pm
Wasted here sir.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic