Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AVB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AVB
    Posted: 16 December 2013 at 11:44am
Sacked then and ultimately he has to take responsibility for bad results however if i was a Spurs fans i would be asking questions of Levy and Baldini.

Levy is a terrible chairman imo and Baldini is the one who identifies the players to sign and these are then signed off by Levy with little or no input from AVB.

He's had to try and integrate 7 new players into team and he has lost his best player (they are also 2 points above last years champions Ouch).
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Sponsored Links

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2013 at 11:53am
Do you know for a fact that all those 7 players were not AVBs choices?

They are a good set of players. I don't recall any spurs fans saying they were unhappy with those signings or that AVB had a "tough job to integrate them". If he hadn't signed anyone and spurs were languishing in 7th place he would have been under similar pressure.

I like AVB. He seems like a decent man. But it is not working out for him in the prem at the moment. Capello for WHL?
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2013 at 11:59am
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Do you know for a fact that all those 7 players were not AVBs choices?

They are a good set of players. I don't recall any spurs fans saying they were unhappy with those signings or that AVB had a "tough job to integrate them". If he hadn't signed anyone and spurs were languishing in 7th place he would have been under similar pressure.

I like AVB. He seems like a decent man. But it is not working out for him in the prem at the moment. Capello for WHL?
Not personally but Baldini is the Technical Director and AVB is Head Coach and according to most journos he doesn't (or didn't i should say) get much (if any) input into players being signed.

Early rumours are Capello, Laudrup or Baldini himself.
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2013 at 12:10pm
But Baldini is the bloke that has enabled some class signings to come to fruition. Yes they'll take some time to bed in but Erikson, Lamela, Paulinho are good signings. I'm sure AVB would have been in total agreement with these players coming in.

The fact is - he's just managed a club to two of the biggest league defeats in its recent history. Which is embarassing for Spurs fans.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2013 at 6:45pm
Don't worry, Spurs fans. Martin Jol is available.

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2013 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

Don't worry, Spurs fans. Martin Jol is available.

Nah, he's got a full time job as a Tony Soprano lookalike.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2013 at 9:19pm
Worst thing Spurs did was get rid of Redknapp.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2013 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

definitely and im glad to see them struggling after they sacked him .
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2013 at 9:41am
Originally posted by rolly rolly wrote:

definitely and im glad to see them struggling after they sacked him .
Vastly overrated manager.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2013 at 9:44am

I had to share these..........Some questions asked on Twitter to Harry Redknap during a recent Q&A session for QPR

Dave Gray @djg23 2h
@OfficialQPR Out of all the clubs you have destroyed, which has been your favourite? #AskHarry

Woody @yidingtons 5m
#AskHarry If I draw a face on my b*****s & hang them out the car window, will security let me use your parking spot?

Stupid Football @StupidFootball 1h
What's it like being the only man to crack under the pressure of being England manager without actually getting the job? #AskHarry

Danny Booth @BoothieMCFC 2m
You've destroyed the club I support, the club my Grandad supports & the club my uncle supports. My Dad supports Leeds. Any chance? #AskHarry
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2013 at 10:03am
When Bale went the spark left the side. His P45 was signed at the same time he left.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2013 at 10:32am
i hear hoddle wants the job.good luck glenn,as kenny found out, football has moved on in last 20 years Wink
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2013 at 11:05am
Crazy story on the BBC: Hoddle keen to return?

Don't see anything in this as he's been out the game too long.

Quite an important decision for Spurs up ahead now but they should be able to give the new manager a season to sort out his new way, I think.
Keithd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Keithd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2013 at 11:58am
AVB's tactics were his downfall, plus he turned on the supporters after the Hull game (I was there and it was quiet) then got into a confrontation with a member of the press, which didn't help.

This season we won a few games by the skin of our teeth, Cardiff & Hull being examples, and the league position could be a lot worse than it is now but for those wins. It seemed that he didn't have a Plan B. He was playing Soldado up front as a lone striker who was not getting the service he needed. Compared to under Redknapp, we'd become boring to watch.

I'm disappointed he's gone, i genuinely thought he'd come good. C'est la vie.

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2013 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Crazy story on the BBC: Hoddle keen to return?

Don't see anything in this as he's been out the game too long.

Quite an important decision for Spurs up ahead now but they should be able to give the new manager a season to sort out his new way, I think.

Watched Levy mug on the box after the Liverpool game, he looks like a sleaseball and his chops is untrustworthy.....ah well.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2013 at 3:15pm
As man manager Harry was the man-went for the young man (who failed down the road) and he failed again-lacks presence but still now a very rich guy with lovely huge pay outs no doubt and in 3 months another job around the corner -dont you love football !LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic