Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > ARE YOU BLIND REF.... OR ARE WE WRONG ???
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Videos - Was the referee / TMO / Citing right?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Videos - Was the referee / TMO / Citing right?
    Posted: 18 December 2012 at 1:33pm
I thought we could have one single thread with some clips of incidents - in order to discuss their severity, and whether the referee got it right or wrong and whether citings were deserved.

So:

To start with, this effort from Sean O'Brien, from behind, which knocked Sivivatu unconscious. The referee awared a yellow card, and it seems he hasn't been cited. Seems lenient to me:

Edited by KID A - 09 April 2015 at 3:14pm
Sponsored Links

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 1:52pm
That's the first time I've seen that ... I can understand how Barnsey only gave a Yellow, from "his" position ....

I can't for the life of me understand how this hasn't been referred to Citing ! Angry
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 3:24pm
that's shocking... this kind of stuff really needs to be cut out of the game...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

that's shocking... this kind of stuff really needs to be cut out of the game...

Never a truer word spoken.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 9:52am
a red card any day of the week.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 10:24am
I can now see the argument for the TMO being brought into games to specifically look at these kind of events and dish out the right punishment.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 10:53am
It would soon stop the thuggery.
The NFL with all their officials & yellow hankies/flags have much more chance of seeing offences. Their game is much more static than ours, so 1 ref & 2 assistants on a much faster game have little chance of spotting some seriously bad stuff.
So, if the IRB want to do the game a favour, not to mention help the beleaguered refs, it's to allow the video ref to be proactive on stuff like this. Using the TV resources is much cheaper than any alternative using more officials.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 11:08am

I can now see the argument for the TMO being brought into games to specifically look at these kind of events and dish out the right punishment.

If there is a specific employee of the ERC that is paid to look at replays for 48 hours after the game. Who decides that punching someone in the face. From behind. Knocking him unconscious....is not a red card - then I don't see how we can expect a guy with 2 minutes to get it right.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 11:22am
Also from the weekend. This is particularly bad. It's got to be 6 weeks at least. I expect he'll get the book thrown at him

haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 11:49am
KidA - you do that on the street to someone where there is video evidence and you could be looking at GBH!!

Unfortunately the IRB have lost the plot IMO on citings/suspensions.

Don't expect much more than a few weeks - but it should be 12 at least, very dangerous play, nowhere near the ball!!
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

If there is a specific employee of the ERC that is paid to look at replays for 48 hours after the game. Who decides that punching someone in the face. From behind. Knocking him unconscious....is not a red card - then I don't see how we can expect a guy with 2 minutes to get it right.

Understandable, but if the option was available for instance for Barnes to say to the TMO, I've not fully seen the incident, can you please look to see what sanction should be warranted.
AstroScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AstroScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 12:12pm

Also from the weekend. This is particularly bad. It's got to be 6 weeks at least. I expect he'll get the book thrown at him

I thought this was disgusting, this kind of offence should carry a penalty of at least a year in my opinion. 
'Stand up at home if you're watching, that was one of the Heineken Cup great tries'
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 1:25pm

Understandable, but if the option was available for instance for Barnes to say to the TMO, I've not fully seen the incident, can you please look to see what sanction should be warranted.

ON TRIAL IN S15 NEXT SEASON
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AstroScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 2:09pm

Been given 8 weeks.....
'Stand up at home if you're watching, that was one of the Heineken Cup great tries'
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by AstroScarlet AstroScarlet wrote:

Been given 8 weeks.....

Was it originally meant to be 12??

Reduced by 1 week due or conduct at the hearing (bringing biscuits with him)
Reduced by a further week due to his guilty plea
Reduced again by a further week due to previous good behaviour
And finally reduced by a further week due to it being the done thing at the moment??
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AstroScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Originally posted by AstroScarlet AstroScarlet wrote:

Been given 8 weeks.....

Was it originally meant to be 12??

Reduced by 1 week due or conduct at the hearing (bringing biscuits with him)
Reduced by a further week due to his guilty plea
Reduced again by a further week due to previous good behaviour
And finally reduced by a further week due to it being the done thing at the moment??

Was meant to be 9, but reduced to 8 for previous behaviour. These punishments are fast becoming a joke.

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/news/20044.php#.UNHN0uQieSo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic