Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Smells of your youth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

guys guys...

specifics.. mun... 

Green poppets - mint
purple poppets - raisin
red poppets - toffee

and new Choc Chip flavour

amateurs...

loved saturdays in the cinema though awesome experience.. followed by the jubilee pool.

got my first "second base" in jubilee pool, that was after first base in the cinema lol..
F**K, I was soooooo close getting those correct! LOL Toffee were the red ones, I was convinced that they were nut!!! LOL

The Jubilee Pool, what a stinking place that was, but the Cafe overlooking at the top used to do a beast of a 10p mix on a Saturday morning before playing football against the Marsh Rovers on Poeples Park!!!! LOL
Scarlets!!!
Sponsored Links

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

Jubillee pool used to come out like a prune after hours of free falling off the top board
LOLLOLLOL

Remember the small board that they put in a few years later, forget how many times I got face and back slap from trying to do tricks off it!!!! LOLLOLLOL
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 4:13pm

Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

[QUOTE=scarletabroad][QUOTE=Mrfwon]

Tipp-Ex, Tipp-Ex thinners, and the pine smell from a real christmas tree. Freshly cooked mince pies and Brains Faoggots were bliss, not forgetting Um Bongo Juice drink!!! Star Couldn't beat the smell coming out of Buckleys, but then the following day it smelt like sh*t! Dead The grass bin in Parc Howard always smelt tidy, but the bottom of Charles Street did not! LOL Toffee Apples at the Christmas carnival smelt nice, and so did fresh cockles on a Saturday morning down the market. Thumbs Up Loved getting fresh fish and chips from Eddie's, Dill's or Tysia (or a Curry Butty), smelt beautiful, but I'll never forget the smell of my very first Chicken Chow Mein........bliss! Clap 

[IS THAT dill's top of Westbury street if so I had to queue for ages to get their chips but they were 2nd best after John's in New Dock road where I had to go with a pyrex dish to be filled not always as full when I got home though boody lovely]
No, Dill's was on the corner of Cedric Street/Regalia Terrace - Just off Walters Road Big smile Used to do loads of Quarter Mix sweets and Videos Big smile Packed out during school lunches he was, everyone was after Chip Butties and a can of HaParc y Scarletshopper coke Big smile
would that have been the one we used from Coedcae bunk accross the top rugby pitch and into the houses?? if so remember it well also had Donkey Kong machine, managed to get curry sauce and chips and one game for £1.50
]
That'll be the one! StarStarStar You used to have to apply for a pass to go out at lunch and have chips, but yeah, we used to go across the top rugby pitches, or through the bushes by Fewsters hut! LOL
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

Originally posted by trident trident wrote:

The smell of your grans front room
old english cider
two strokes (thats bike engines not your early sexual encounters)

You knew my Gran ? ..... Confused

PMSL!!! LOLLOLLOL
Scarlets!!!
trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

Originally posted by trident trident wrote:

The smell of your grans front room
old english cider
two strokes (thats bike engines not your early sexual encounters)

You knew my Gran ? ..... Confused

LOL
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 8:33pm

[QUOTE=Mrfwon][QUOTE=scarletabroad][QUOTE=Mrfwon]

Tipp-Ex, Tipp-Ex thinners, and the pine smell from a real christmas tree. Freshly cooked mince pies and Brains Faoggots were bliss, not forgetting Um Bongo Juice drink!!! Star Couldn't beat the smell coming out of Buckleys, but then the following day it smelt like sh*t! Dead The grass bin in Parc Howard always smelt tidy, but the bottom of Charles Street did not! LOL Toffee Apples at the Christmas carnival smelt nice, and so did fresh cockles on a Saturday morning down the market. Thumbs Up Loved getting fresh fish and chips from Eddie's, Dill's or Tysia (or a Curry Butty), smelt beautiful, but I'll never forget the smell of my very first Chicken Chow Mein........bliss! Clap 

[IS THAT dill's top of Westbury street if so I had to queue for ages to get their chips but they were 2nd best after John's in New Dock road where I had to go with a pyrex dish to be filled not always as full when I got home though boody lovely]
No, Dill's was on the corner of Cedric Street/Regalia Terrace - Just off Walters Road Big smile Used to do loads of Quarter Mix sweets and Videos Big smile Packed out during school lunches he was, everyone was after Chip Butties and a can of HaParc y Scarletshopper coke Big smile
would that have been the one we used from Coedcae bunk accross the top rugby pitch and into the houses?? if so remember it well also had Donkey Kong machine, managed to get curry sauce and chips and one game for £1.50
]
That'll be the one! StarStarStar You used to have to apply for a pass to go out at lunch and have chips, but yeah, we used to go across the top rugby pitches, or through the bushes by Fewsters hut! LOL

no passes required in 84/85 just fast legs and don't get caught by the teacher patrol espeacially Gary Martin he was quite fast!!Ouch-+
]
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 9:04pm
Paraffin lamps (when the miners were on strike).

Dom da on everyone in the pub on market day (except the auctioneers, but even they ponged after an all dayer)

King ribs...sticky ychi slabs of mwsh shaped like a toast rack that smelt of sick.

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2012 at 8:15am
patchouli on the girls in the hippy years (I hope it was only on the girls!)
embrocation and dubbin in the changing rooms before a match
vinegar and chips in the pouring rain
chickens (during visits to country cousins)
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2012 at 8:40am

[QUOTE=Mrfwon][QUOTE=scarletabroad][QUOTE=Mrfwon]

]

no passes required in 84/85 just fast legs and don't get caught by the teacher patrol espeacially Gary Martin he was quite fast!!Ouch-+
]
LOL Or Rob Dove! LOL Although he was quite chill with everything, where as Troy watched everyone like a hawk! ShockedLOL
Scarlets!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2012 at 6:55pm
Dead

[QUOTE=scarletabroad][QUOTE=Mrfwon][QUOTE=scarletabroad][QUOTE=Mrfwon]

]

]
LOL Or Rob Dove! LOL Although he was quite chill with everything, where as Troy watched everyone like a hawk! ShockedLOL
[Had a few issues with old Troy someone told me he had died poor bloke took some cr*p
another smell was going past the cookery class in Coedcae when they made Bread and butter pudding as we went to Metal Mickeys class which stank of oil and metal I hated that placeDead]
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2012 at 10:38pm
latex gloves and babyoil, tipex, that shit glue all the schools seemed to have, goblin 'amburgers.
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2012 at 3:37pm

The ultimate smell for me was walking through the back lane of Jenkins the Bakers on New Dock road when they used to do all the baking on site the smell was awesome fresh bread and cakes dribbling at the very thought of it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic