Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1970 Semi Final

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1970 Semi Final
    Posted: 13 April 2012 at 10:08am
Just watching the semi between Brazil and Uruguay. My boyhood hero's from the first World cup i can actually remember, brilliant stuff.
The refs had the biggest FIFA badge on their chests, it must have weighed a ton mun.....
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Sponsored Links

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 12:43pm
Aye have you seen God's of football , lofty? These fellas sold football to the world,(Call me biased but I believe Wales did something similar for rugby in the 1970's) Whenever anyone thinks of football at its very best, they always think to the golden days of Brazil. That team is a barometer of how great sport can be. I feel exactly the same way when I think of Gareth Edwards and co.

The team: Félix, Carlos Alberto (C), Brito, Piazza and Marco Antonio; Clodoaldo, Gérson and Pelé; Jairzinho, Tostão and Rivelino.
Reserves: Ado, Leão, Baldochi, Zé Maria, Everaldo, Fontana, Paulo César Caju, Roberto, Dario and Edu.
Coach: Zagallo.

With names as cool as that you'd have to be geniuses
Brazil 1970

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Aye have you seen God's of football , lofty? These fellas sold football to the world,(Call me biased but I believe Wales did something similar for rugby in the 1970's) Whenever anyone thinks of football at its very best, they always think to the golden days of Brazil. That team is a barometer of how great sport can be. I feel exactly the same way when I think of Gareth Edwards and co.

The team: Félix, Carlos Alberto (C), Brito, Piazza and Marco Antonio; Clodoaldo, Gérson and Pelé; Jairzinho, Tostão and Rivelino.
Reserves: Ado, Leão, Baldochi, Zé Maria, Everaldo, Fontana, Paulo César Caju, Roberto, Dario and Edu.
Coach: Zagallo.

With names as cool as that you'd have to be geniuses
Brazil 1970

<P style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt">

I was Jairzinho in Dafen school yard.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Ian Lewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 4:49pm
I was Rivelino and his banana kicks. First time I'd ever seen someone bend a football like he did.
It's not always about where you end up, it's about how you get there.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 7:28pm
Pele in escape to victory suggesting some tactics to captain michael caine...."On da streets of brazil we juggle tangerines....when I get da ball...I do this..this ....this...this....goal..."LOL

ps how on earth did caine get in that team let alone captain it? he was worse than stallone...lol
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic